Console or pc?

Bradleyson

Re: Console or pc?

Post by Bradleyson »

Bretticus wrote:That's all well and good and of course I understand the implications and reasons but there is surley certain things we can still receive regardless of our consoles like less maps more vehicles
Sorry if that came across as aggressive or sarcastic. Wasn't intended that way and after reading my first post I can see how it could be interpreted that way... as for your point. Yes I agree, I'd love to have beacon reflections (not a major issue) but from what I've gathered it's not possible. Trouble is when us console users watch videos of people on farming sim they're usually on pc... it does make you feel like we getting shafted. But I can say this, I have spintires on pc and the amount of mods are ridiculous, you get to a point where you end up more interested in mods than playing the game.. it ruins it to some extent. I have so many mods installed on farming but the fact of the matter is I won't use half of them. They just look appealing and because it's there, I want it. :lol:

It would be nice to get what we want but we won't. Not all modders want the Agro of making it console friendly. We're lucky we have the modders we do, just think where we'd be now?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Bradleyson wrote:
Bretticus wrote:That's all well and good and of course I understand the implications and reasons but there is surley certain things we can still receive regardless of our consoles like less maps more vehicles
Sorry if that came across as aggressive or sarcastic. Wasn't intended that way and after reading my first post I can see how it could be interpreted that way... as for your point. Yes I agree, I'd love to have beacon reflections (not a major issue) but from what I've gathered it's not possible. Trouble is when us console users watch videos of people on farming sim they're usually on pc... it does make you feel like we getting shafted. But I can say this, I have spintires on pc and the amount of mods are ridiculous, you get to a point where you end up more interested in mods than playing the game.. it ruins it to some extent. I have so many mods installed on farming but the fact of the matter is I won't use half of them. They just look appealing and because it's there, I want it. :lol:

It would be nice to get what we want but we won't. Not all modders want the Agro of making it console friendly. We're lucky we have the modders we do, just think where we'd be now?
It sure does ruin it. It's a distraction to the point I enjoy it more on the PS4 and I throughly appreciate all the modders that take the time to bring their mods to the consoles.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

I just got my pc version to look better than my ps4, now just need to fix that draw distance. I will still use my playstation version sometimes. But anyway, I'm really blown away with all the pc mods
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

BreadedVirus wrote:If you want more mods that you can possibly use in the game, go PC. If you're wanting the game on PC just to get JD equipment and the GPS, Follow Me mods, then that's all fine and dandy. I don't use JD equipment or the GPS and Follow me mods. Overrated to be honest.

I'm throughly enjoying the game on the PS4.

Whatever you choose....happy farming
GPS and Follow me over rated.....Wow that's Serious. Follow me is a fantastic mod. Use it all the time for baling after the combine, Picking up after the baler and dropping full loads for pick up later, Mowing, Raking, bailing, Picking up bales all at the same time. I use it far more than the GPS mod that's for sure. I even sometimes use it with the forager and sit a tractor and trailer beside me and fill it that way.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Metal Moss wrote:I just got my pc version to look better than my ps4, now just need to fix that draw distance. I will still use my playstation version sometimes. But anyway, I'm really blown away with all the pc mods

You can increase it to what ever you want in the Game.XML file if your Pc can handle it. Check out this thread for details

https://steamcommunity.com/app/447020/d ... 105673325/

The higher you go though, the more frame rate drop you'll get when switching between equipment that's on opposite ends of the map.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Thanks for that link Rbk_3, I looked at the xml file and all were there. Man all I wanted was to have it look like my playstation with all the mods, now it looks better and I can possibly make it better. Well, thanks for the info
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Metal Moss wrote:Thanks for that link Rbk_3, I looked at the xml file and all were there. Man all I wanted was to have it look like my playstation with all the mods, now it looks better and I can possibly make it better. Well, thanks for the info
What video card do you have?
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Hey all, I've run into an issue. I stopped by my local computer build store today and asked the guy there if he had any graphics cards, he didn't, so I told him about the card I was going to order which is EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti FTW and a 500w psu. He suggested an AMD, he is huge into flight sims and says he has had the card I am thinking of getting but he went with an AMD because of how crisp and clearer it is. Without starting a graphics card war do you have any thoughts?
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Rbk_3 wrote:
What video card do you have?[/quote wrote: I have the geforce 940 but the thing is, I only bought this laptop because mine broke. I didn't get it for gaming. Then I found out it had a graphics card with 4 gig dedicated, I decided to see if I could run fs17, then to my surprise its same if not better than ps4
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

mountaincowboy wrote:Hey all, I've run into an issue. I stopped by my local computer build store today and asked the guy there if he had any graphics cards, he didn't, so I told him about the card I was going to order which is EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti FTW and a 500w psu. He suggested an AMD, he is huge into flight sims and says he has had the card I am thinking of getting but he went with an AMD because of how crisp and clearer it is. Without starting a graphics card war do you have any thoughts?

"he went with an AMD because of how crisp and clearer it is" :lol:

Don't listen to that guy, based on that comment he a) doesn't know anything, b) is a massive AMD fanboy or c) both.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Farming-Si ... 368.0.html

The 1050ti will get you a constant 60fps with ultra settings at 1080p and below resolutions. If you wanted to go AMD, you can as well, but his comment is a load of stuff.
The AMD RX470 would be about 50% faster than the 1050ti, but it costs about $50 more and the AMD RX460 would be about 30% slower but costs $50 less.

You can compare GPU benchmarks here
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nv ... 3649vs3641