Big bud dlc

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Big bud dlc

Post by Lisertan »

I answered that one in the thread. In short: Eric21 is right.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I hope we are going to see a large plain American map either officially or a mod soon....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Skunkworks wrote:I hope we are going to see a large plain American map either officially or a mod soon....
Check the modhub
CrazyTrain19

Post by CrazyTrain19 »

If you plow 5, 9, and 13 together, I think you have a field worthy of the Big Bud 747.
Also, if you do a little bit of forestry here and there, you can plow a lot open.
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall"

"Torque is how far you will take the wall with you"
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

This looks like a nice dlc. But I have to ask how this huge tractor and the tools will ever work with the current AI. At current it wouldn't work so well with the vinila maps.
Null

Post by Null »

texasplowboy wrote:This looks like a nice dlc. But I have to ask how this huge tractor and the tools will ever work with the current AI. At current it wouldn't work so well with the vinila maps.
Give them a larger headland.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

eric21 wrote:
Skunkworks wrote:I hope we are going to see a large plain American map either officially or a mod soon....
Check the modhub
thank you sir,,, you are referring to the American Outback map, only saw it now, thanks.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Null wrote:
texasplowboy wrote:This looks like a nice dlc. But I have to ask how this huge tractor and the tools will ever work with the current AI. At current it wouldn't work so well with the vinila maps.
Give them a larger headland.
exactly... just like real farming... a quick once around or two...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I'm very skeptical about this DLC....AI helpers already can't use the largest tractors and equipment on the largest field ( 5 ) in GCV without serious babysitting. Now we can have even bigger stuff ? I guess they are large enough to use the mountain slopes to turn as the other large AI helper large tractors attempt but fail ?

The only map i see fitting is Rattlesnake Valley. But that is a mod map and not a map provided with the original game. I would be very disappointed if Giants didn't provide a map of their own, but do provide unusable stuff in the only new map they did provide.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

CrazyTrain19 wrote:If you plow 5, 9, and 13 together, I think you have a field worthy of the Big Bud 747.
Also, if you do a little bit of forestry here and there, you can plow a lot open.
I plowed those 3 fields together myself and it does in fact give you a pretty good sized field (I'm on GCV). I just planted wheat on it with the Amazone (15001 i think it is), and i had to refill the planter nearly 3 times i believe. I'm currently eye-balling a few more fields to expand and/or merge that I think would justify some larger implements. Not so much interested in the Big Buds themselves, but yea, i'm all for some bigger iron to drag. Especially if American Outback is what I hear it is.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Beastofwar wrote:I'm very skeptical about this DLC....AI helpers already can't use the largest tractors and equipment on the largest field ( 5 ) in GCV without serious babysitting. Now we can have even bigger stuff ? I guess they are large enough to use the mountain slopes to turn as the other large AI helper large tractors attempt but fail ?

The only map i see fitting is Rattlesnake Valley. But that is a mod map and not a map provided with the original game. I would be very disappointed if Giants didn't provide a map of their own, but do provide unusable stuff in the only new map they did provide.
I think it is clear that Giants is relying entirely on mod maps. IIRC there has never been more than two standard maps for any version of FS, there have been region specific DLC's. While they might release a large American map DLC, frankly I don't see that happening. This DLC was clearly released as an oddity, something unique. They have no interest ins releasing American versions of international equipment, no reason to think that will change.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

make a few passes with the roller on each side of the field then your helper should turn around okay. `I do this on mod maps the modder always puts things too close to the field.
Alienware PC.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

pigpen wrote:make a few passes with the roller on each side of the field then your helper should turn around okay. `I do this on mod maps the modder always puts things too close to the field.
That is my point too. I did that, and on any field that has no straight lines. That is why i generally have little use for mod maps as they are mostly designed for manual work with smaller equipment. These make many players happy but not me as i like managing automation. Few exceptions in mod maps are there of course.

That is another point. They release stuff that only comes into it's own right in 1 or 2 mod maps. Mod maps that seem to appear and disappear in mod hub as well. That is sloppy in my opinion, they could at least release this DLC for all players ( all plaforms that is ) with a suitable map where these monsterous size vehicles can be used as they should be used. ( they seem to be legendary vehicles designed for very specific work )
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

People (myself included) have been clamouring for large implements for years. GIANTS finally acquiesced. We have mod maps to use them on, there's no need for a map that would increase both cost and development time. The Big Buds were probably thrown in for flavour and theming, I don't recall them being atop many wish lists.
ffmfd180

Post by ffmfd180 »

I will be getting the DLC. I just started a farm on the American Outback map. There are some good size fields on that map. The Big Bud may have some trouble navigating some of the roads, but once in the fields there are some big headlands. Will be interesting to see it work. I for one love the big equipment.
Xbox One player