Broxton Ver 4 - Mud Activation & train fix

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Zetor9145

Re: Broxton Ver 2

Post by Zetor9145 »

Cheers Masseyharris.
gentfarmer

Post by gentfarmer »

Running on PC
Looks like there are problems loading v2 to an existing saved game. V2 loads OK as a new game.

In the log file the following errors may be involved.Running on PC

Error: GDM file has wrong number of channels (9 should be 12)
Error: Can't load resource 'M:/Users/dave/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/savegame7/fruit_density.gdm'.

Error: Running LUA method 'loadMapFinished'.

Error: Corrupt savegame, onCreateLoadedObject 23 has invalid saveId 'TipTrigger_POWER_MANURE'
Error: Corrupt savegame, onCreateLoadedObject 28 has invalid saveId 'TipTrigger_POWER_SLURRY'
PC user
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

yes, thanks for reporting those but unfortunately I highly doubt version2 will work with an old savegame.
I'm sorry about that but the extra crops meant adding extra foliage channels, and the new biogas plant meant that manure & slurry were changed at the power plant, so that accounts for those errors.

Your options are to continue using version 1, or start again with version 2. (I hope you'll give V2 a go though, as there are numerous fixes & improvements which I think make it worth it in the end).
gentfarmer

Post by gentfarmer »

Having seem your warning earlier about V2 possibly not working with an existing saved game I stopped working Broxton until V2 was released so not a big problem to start again.
I look forward to trying V2. I look forward to developing Broxton along with working my very profitable Lawfolds farm ;-)

Thanks for the update
PC user
aklein

Post by aklein »

I just did a video on this map. I really liked several parts of the map. First signage, there is signage at nearly every sell point directing you to where you need to go. I didnt see a sheep crossing but there is definitely a cattle crossing which is way cool.

there seems to be silos all over the map that only take select crops?

I demonstrated the removable hedges really cool there. And finally the sell points where you get two different prices depending on how much work you do. The idea of the train sell point where you load the train and then drive it and unload and then drive the train back is way cool. same with the two log sell points. self unload for 1 price or auto sale for a lower price.

Top notch map and top notch unique ideas.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

aklein wrote:I just did a video on this map. I really liked several parts of the map. First signage, there is signage at nearly every sell point directing you to where you need to go. I didnt see a sheep crossing but there is definitely a cattle crossing which is way cool.

there seems to be silos all over the map that only take select crops?

I demonstrated the removable hedges really cool there. And finally the sell points where you get two different prices depending on how much work you do. The idea of the train sell point where you load the train and then drive it and unload and then drive the train back is way cool. same with the two log sell points. self unload for 1 price or auto sale for a lower price.

Top notch map and top notch unique ideas.
I couldn't agree more and it was a shame about the conflicts but I managed to get a copy of a log file copied and put into a new saved game so I had all my equipment and buildings, bales and saved crops etc. So all I have to do is buy all the same fields merge some of them and will be right as rain again.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Just a thought Masseyharris, Is there going to be a update again as I would love to see the fence and grass removed from the tiny grassed area by the cows please. Make a lovely hard standing for extra silos mixing station etc.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

I am hoping to do one more update at least. It might be a while yet but I'm slowly adding some minor improvements & fixes.

Do you mean the square paddock at the farm entrance? I put that there as it closely matches the real thing, but I must admit I have kept thinking that it is not really doing much except taking space, so I might change it for a flat concrete area.
Last edited by masseyharris on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Yes that the one. Its such a useful area but would be even better concrete..Lol Thanks.
Ryan0238

Post by Ryan0238 »

Coming to console anytime soon?
Playing on PS4!! Ps4 name is BATMANNN-1990
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

I'd like it to, but first I understand it would have to have some features removed as they use scripts, which are not allowed on console - eg additional crop types, chopped straw. But if it is suitable otherwise, I hope to get a version uploaded for console. I hope to find out soon from Giants what is involved to make it console compatible.
novass

Post by novass »

I like and hope to give it a try if it gets to console...I hope so..thanks it looks fun and interesting..good luck on it........Chris
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

novass wrote:I like and hope to give it a try if it gets to console...I hope so..thanks it looks fun and interesting..good luck on it........Chris
thanks, when I've got the next update ready I#'ll ask Giants exactly what I need to do to get a console version ready.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

I've updated the original post with the latest additions and fixes which will be in final version 3 when it is ready.

(added trees, fixed some errors, improved some features for the upcoming Seasons mod by Realismus Modding, full list is in original post of this thread).
masseyharris

Re: Broxton Ver 3

Post by masseyharris »

I've updated the Original post with latest details of version 3 for anyone that wants to check it out.
There's also a list of most of the map's features there too.
viewtopic.php?f=895&t=109258