Bid Bud 16V 747 vs Challenger MT900E

eric21

Re: Bid Bud 16V 747 vs Challenger MT900E

Post by eric21 »

PaulDuPouy wrote:And no master plan, same as usual......another straight chisel plow that is listed with the cultivators ala Vaderstad top down 500........:(
Because its a combi
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

PaulDuPouy wrote:And no master plan, same as usual......another straight chisel plow that is listed with the cultivators ala Vaderstad top down 500........:(
You're right, just a normal plow, but this might be neither idiotic, nor useless. ;-)

Throw manure first, spread slurry after and there you go - you got your field plowed, cultivated and (twice)fertilised in 3 rounds. This might be usefull. ;-) The only downside is that I'd have to wait to complete the harvest, then throw manure and release this, whereas with jympa plows I deploy them shortly after the harvester.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Pengbumm

Post by Pengbumm »

Its only too big because your map is too small, you want cultivate your sosnovka fields (even wif you combine some of them) with that kind of equipment? You are done in 10minutes for each field :wink3:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The chisel plow does cultivate, does it leave the marks of the culitvator behind?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yeah it leaves the ground cultivated but plows the ground beforehand.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The noise of the 747 going up a hill is amazing.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

canadafarms wrote:Have you guys even tried the Seed hawk yet? Just watched my Quadtrack 620 go down to 3mph on field 27 GCV beside the cows on that small incline headed west..... That's not even a big hill.
I have downloaded the DLC this morning and I can only spend an hour or so before going to work.
When I get back to home tonight I'll try at least a couple of equipments starting with the seedhawk.
But with regard to your experience, probably MT900E will suffer in Sosnovka.
At least in the two big fields I've created. 16V 747 might be a necessity then.

masterplan wrote:So it's a Lemken mod? How wide is it? I obviously missed it, probably I thought it was a cultivator.
Anyway I agree with Salford, it's useless and so will be the 10,5 m wide long plow from the DLC. But IIRC there is also one straight plow, ain't it?
Yeah, it's a Lemken mod. I've missed it too since I saw it in MrSealyp's video.
It is this one https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017 in conjunction with this one https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

Dolomit has 2 variants. Bigger one is 4 meters and if you stcik 2 of the 4 meter ones onto the Gigant you get an 8 meter plow.
But you really need some HP there. I mean at least NH T8 or Challenger level HP. It is a great mod though. I definitely recommend it.

Pengbumm wrote:Its only too big because your map is too small, you want cultivate your sosnovka fields (even wif you combine some of them) with that kind of equipment? You are done in 10minutes for each field :wink3:
I did add the grass fields near F18 into the field and make it a very big field.
In addition I plowed fields 6, 12, 16, 21, 26 and 29 together to form another big field.
This is where I took the secreenshot.

Guil wrote:The noise of the 747 going up a hill is amazing.
Unfortunately I was expecting a huge disappointment on the engine sound after I watched a couple of Big Bud videos. That sound scheme is just not for me. I'm more of a NH T9 guy. I sounds spectacular, especially under load.
PS5 / FS22
Pengbumm

Post by Pengbumm »

RODHA wrote:I did add the grass fields near F18 into the field and make it a very big field.
In addition I plowed fields 6, 12, 16, 21, 26 and 29 together to form another big field.
This is where I took the secreenshot.
I know, still too small. I played on Sosnovka Terra Platinum Map, have a look at it, the whole area with the forest, field 31 and the garden center is one big field, but in my opinion still too small, but from the whole map and field design, sosnovka is about the third best map for that.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Pengbumm wrote:I know, still too small. I played on Sosnovka Terra Platinum Map, have a look at it, the whole area with the forest, field 31 and the garden center is one big field, but in my opinion still too small, but from the whole map and field design, sosnovka is about the third best map for that.
If you are talking about this map http://www.farming2015mods.com/wp-conte ... jpg?x97252 you mean F18 which is smaller than F10 on this map which is also smaller than F18 in the original Sosnovka Map that I've created by adding all the grass fields near by.

Even with the Amazone Condor it took me more than an hour to sow that field.

Still I think all of them is just a backyard compared to the biggest field of this map viewtopic.php?f=895&t=111799
It is 104.06ha :shock: :shock: :shock:
PS5 / FS22
Pengbumm

Post by Pengbumm »

RODHA wrote:Still I think all of them is just a backyard compared to the biggest field of this map viewtopic.php?f=895&t=111799
It is 104.06ha :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes, beautiful Map, but a big joke to me, sorry. Only 5 real fields and no town or other nice details, not my kind of map. I want big fields with a little bit "attraction" atleast 10 big fields over 20ha.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Even american outback roads are to small for it :-D
I must say, i like the sound of the smaller one better, it reminds me of my old mans toys, pumpin beasts...

The equipment is also massive, the big seeder, manure trailer, cultivators... JUST MASSIVE

I don't understand 1 thing, the smaller yellow cultivator, it says in the store that it plows to, but i don't see the plow texture, is it doing both at the same time perhaps?

And one more thing, and yees, i requested it already in another topic, but the blue low loader needs a side extention, it would be great to traznsport these things around maps like outback and etc.

Thanx Giants, i'm really lovin it!
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

wildflower wrote:I must say, i like the sound of the smaller one better, it reminds me of my old mans toys, pumpin beasts...
It does sound great, but there is nothing like a 2-stroke Detroit. I think they got the 747 sounding just right. I love the detail of the engines in both: fans, belts, filters...
wildflower wrote:I don't understand 1 thing, the smaller yellow cultivator, it says in the store that it plows to, but i don't see the plow texture, is it doing both at the same time perhaps?
It's doing both.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

oooh ok, thx for the info, but it can't create field though if i'm not mistaking. I didn't see the option. Indeed the knock in the engine is pretty realistic!

What is strange to me is that there are very little beacon lights on such big machines, but i guess if you don't see that thing coming, you're surely blind :lol:

One other thing that bothers me is that the low loader is useless to transport it, it would be nice to make a harvest road train, or move the massive equipment on the trailers. But i guess we can't have it all :-)

Overall i'm pretty happy with the DLC, it looks amazing!
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Id use the 450 mainly, im not going to use the 747 untill mustany valley comes out. Im really pleased is that the Terminator and seed hawk seeders have different sounds to the others.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

wildflower wrote:oooh ok, thx for the info, but it can't create field though if i'm not mistaking. I didn't see the option. Indeed the knock in the engine is pretty realistic!

What is strange to me is that there are very little beacon lights on such big machines, but i guess if you don't see that thing coming, you're surely blind :lol:

Overall i'm pretty happy with the DLC, it looks amazing!
It won't create fields, which is disappointing but oh well.

And where these tractors were designed to work, there's not enough traffic to warrant the use of beacons. Maybe a car every hour. And you're right, if you don't see that massive white beast coming down the road, no flashing light would've helped you. :lol: Only 8 more hours till I get my hands on the controller again. :gamer:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!