Making Bales Of Hay

OrcaAmity

Making Bales Of Hay

Post by OrcaAmity »

What do I need to make bales of hay with? Every time I Google it I find nothing but typical mods where it appears so many never shut up about mods and the You Tube videos are full of long videos where people never get to the point where they are doing things such as driving about and harvesting wheat and making bales of straw to flicking through their garage and the store and this tedious and pointless junk they upload is so far from the point with each topic. In FS 17 we can use the small baler for hay and straw but only for straw in FS 15. I have grass lying about in my farm an I want to clean-up and sell the bales. Thanks.
GUBLER

Re: Making Bales Of Hay

Post by GUBLER »

You need to mow the field first and then use one of the balers, the stock new hollands work well

Gubler
"Leaders must be seen to be up front, up to date, up to their job and up early in the morning."
-Marcus Sieff
Pengbumm

Post by Pengbumm »

Im very sure you can also use the balers in FS15 to make bales. Because that even worked in FS13. Are you sure you used hay instead of grass? Because you need a "hay tedder" first to make the grass to hay, you only can make hay bales, not grass bales.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

GUBLER wrote:You need to mow the field first and then use one of the balers, the stock new hollands work well

Gubler
I tried using New Holland Roll-Belt 150 to make bales of hay and it never worked. It does it FS 17. I guess Giant's modified it for FS 17. At the moment I have grass everywhere and I can't clean-up the mess.

Also what use do we get with the baling trailer Fliegl DPW 180 when there's nothing to stop the bales falling off. The other day I asked about this and somebody mentioned about strapping the bales down and I can't get any straps on my bales.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Pengbumm wrote:Im very sure you can also use the balers in FS15 to make bales. Because that even worked in FS13. Are you sure you used hay instead of grass? Because you need a "hay tedder" first to make the grass to hay, you only can make hay bales, not grass bales.
I never knew about the Hay Tedder. Thanks for mentioning that. In FS 17 when I have grass on the ground, I can use the New Holland Roll-Belt 150 baler to *censored* up the grass and make bales just like it does with the straw. I thought we could do the same in FS 15 and it didn't work. I looked for the Hay Tedder in the store and I can't find it. I have the Golden Edition so I have all the items available to buy. I looked under Loading Wagons and Baling Technology.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's under tedders in the shop. I'm fairly sure the post regarding straps was in the fs17 forum.