Maybe someone from Giants can answer this about westridge

Davo79

Maybe someone from Giants can answer this about westridge

Post by Davo79 »

We've all been asking for exactly what you gave us in this map. Large silo capacity, the ability to store hay, straw, grass, tmr and root crops in the farm silos. Then you updated the map to fix some texture issues and take all the best parts of the farm away from us. WHY? I read the update thankfully before downloading it and decided against updating it for the above reasons. I can live without using the juno to clean the animal areas as there are other options. It's just very disappointing that this map received so much praise for the ability to store everything in one place and it got taken away.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
farmer9192

Re: Maybe someone from Giants can answer this about westridge

Post by farmer9192 »

i honestly think the should change it back to the 10mill storage
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm not someone from Giants but... Giants didn't originally convert Westbridge to FS17. They made an already converted mod available. When that was uploaded, there were several bugs that needed sorting. (I've not played it, just read the forums) They sorted the bugs and also made it an "official" Giants mod while still giving credit to the modder that converted it. In doing so, they decided it best to keep some form of status quo to their other maps. Naturally, they got rid of the completely unrealistic storage system the modder had previously implemented and replaced it with a more appropriate one that better reflects the other maps. It's not a game breaking change, it just forces you to play the game the way they intended in the first place.

That's my take on it and it could be (and probably is) completely wrong.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

Well fenixguy it's like I said. They gave us everything we wanted in this map and took it away. And because of that I'm not going to update it.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

i am not from Giants but i can answer. This is what is called a compromise. Want to store everything in one place? Ok. You have a lot of placeable object. I guess you have a lots of mods and one more will not change anything. But show me one mod that can fix map collisions? 10 million capacities for all fruits? U can easily edit map files. Do you think that everyone can fix the map issues? At home? So think about other people who could not enjoy the game because of bugs
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Maikello wrote:i am not from Giants but i can answer. This is what is called a compromise. Want to store everything in one place? Ok. You have a lot of placeable object. I guess you have a lots of mods and one more will not change anything. But show me one mod that can fix map collisions? 10 million capacities for all fruits? U can easily edit map files. Do you think that everyone can fix the map issues? At home? So think about other people who could not enjoy the game because of bugs
What's the map collision have to do with storing everything in the silo's? they could have fixed the collision and left the silo's alone. I had 2 to 3 mil of each- hay, grass and straw in the silo's
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

Maikello wrote:i am not from Giants but i can answer. This is what is called a compromise. Want to store everything in one place? Ok. You have a lot of placeable object. I guess you have a lots of mods and one more will not change anything. But show me one mod that can fix map collisions? 10 million capacities for all fruits? U can easily edit map files. Do you think that everyone can fix the map issues? At home? So think about other people who could not enjoy the game because of bugs
First off I play on console so no I can't edit anything. Second yes there are placables galore however console players only have so much room and when you put a bunch of placeables down it creates lag. Third they could have fixed all the bugs Field 16 and 17 fixed, no other fruits
- Farm silo only has standard fruits by now
- Maximum amount of farm silo decreased
- Added groundMarkers to each trigger for visibility
- Added baleTriggers for each animalHusbandry
- Realligned collisions at each animalHusbandry
- New nav mesh for pigs
- Smoothed out terrain
Without changing the silos. And I can make 10 million in tmr in one harvest. So what I'm just supposed to dump it on the ground and make lag even worse and the map unplayable. I just looked and I have 5.4 million hay 6 million silage and 6 million straw. So at 300k each thats 40 hay barns on the map and 6 million silage laying on the ground. That makes the map unplayable.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

So any standard map for console players are unplayable? Weird . I think Giants must release some placeable objects for you. MultiStorage like this http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... d_id=63067
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

Maikello wrote:So any standard map for console players are unplayable? Weird . I think Giants must release some placeable objects for you. MultiStorage like this http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... d_id=63067
....Re read what I said as far as placeables go the amount you would need to provide what was in the original conversion would cause so much lag the map would be unplayable.

Edit by guil. Please don't start that stuff.