Westbridge hills

Rbk_3

Re: Westbridge hills

Post by Rbk_3 »

Metal Moss wrote:@Rbk_3, thanks for the update. Having those useless buildings at the farm gone is nice
Thanks, if you notice any issues, please let me know :biggrin2:
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

took a scorpion king and cut fir trees down and then dragged the trees over to a HE 700 indy chipper and cut them up to 1 ft logs right into the HE 700 easy 100k.
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

I'm currently cutting the trees around field 16. Hard work, very slow, but enjoying it as a form of something different.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Ya I have been working on them trees in 16 done all the north ones and a few on the east then planted fir trees and tonight harvested 20 of them.
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

Yeah, I don't have patience for machinery and Scorpion doesn't cut this type of trees so I do everything manually. Then cut it into small piece and dump on the tipper. And yes I know it's time consuming, but like I said - it's a nice change from traditional farme's duties.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

well I cut down the trees the scorpion can't take and plant a fir tree that will be cut down.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Yes, those trees around field 16 were really annoying. Specially when sometimes an invisible branch or log would still be attached to the visible log. Had to drag a few of them to the sell point in the frontloader, wouldn't get them in a trailer like that. But I finally got rid of them.
PS4 player
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

LukeSpidey wrote:Yeah, I don't have patience for machinery and Scorpion doesn't cut this type of trees so I do everything manually. Then cut it into small piece and dump on the tipper. And yes I know it's time consuming, but like I said - it's a nice change from traditional farme's duties.
I'm currently doing this exact same thing. Those trees are awful, but you get lots of wood chips from them. Even the smaller branches have to be cut small to lift them. Also if you haven't updated yet you can store those chips in your farm silos to wait for the good prices.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

GrimGandalf wrote:
LukeSpidey wrote:Yeah, I don't have patience for machinery and Scorpion doesn't cut this type of trees so I do everything manually. Then cut it into small piece and dump on the tipper. And yes I know it's time consuming, but like I said - it's a nice change from traditional farme's duties.
I'm currently doing this exact same thing. Those trees are awful, but you get lots of wood chips from them. Even the smaller branches have to be cut small to lift them. Also if you haven't updated yet you can store those chips in your farm silos to wait for the good prices.
I have updated. Actually now I'm thinking about leasing the machine form making chips out of those small branches.

If I don't get bored, maybe I will cut out all the trees around field 16.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

LukeSpidey wrote:
GrimGandalf wrote:
I have updated. Actually now I'm thinking about leasing the machine form making chips out of those small branches.

If I don't get bored, maybe I will cut out all the trees around field 16.
I Leased the Jensen wood chipper, the 70,000 litre trailer, and a dolly. I've been playing for a little while and have the smaller big bud. It's been pulling the trailer for me. I'm only doing the trees close to 17 right now. After 3 and 1/2 trees chipped I already have 155,000 wood chips. like you said it's going slow, but I don't mind it's different and fun.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

I couldn't stand the boredom of chipping trees so I just strapped the bottom end of each tree to the log trailer and drug them to the sale point... Didn't cut the leaves off or anything, just cut them down and drug them away. Missed out on a lot of $ that I could have got for wood chips, but I got all trees on south and east sides of 16 and a few out of the yard in about an hour and a half.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

CattleMan wrote:I couldn't stand the boredom of chipping trees so I just strapped the bottom end of each tree to the log trailer and drug them to the sale point... Didn't cut the leaves off or anything, just cut them down and drug them away. Missed out on a lot of $ that I could have got for wood chips, but I got all trees on south and east sides of 16 and a few out of the yard in about an hour and a half.
easy way of doing it is buy the Biobeltz RG200 so you can take the tree to the sell point. that's what I do. I cut the leaves off so you can see it. i'm using challenger MT900E with the wheel weights so the tractor stays on the ground.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Took me forever to cut down the trees between field 16 and 17. However, it is finally down, and was very profitable since ever single tree trunk and branch was thrown in the chipper. Now that 16 and 17 are merged, I am contemplating cutting the trees between 16 and 18 to merge them. However, that is about double the trees I have already cut, and I don't think I will do that for awhile.
FS-19 (PC)
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

And I'm planning to do so. You know - foresty is a tough piece of work, but I enjoy it.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I have discovered that when you harvest grass on a plot 16 when you clear all the hay or grass off the field if you then use fertilizer on it then the yield is greatly enhanced.
without fert. I get 105k grass or hay with fert I get 231k of grass or hay.