[FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

MadMax
GIANTS Software | Vehicle Integration

[FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

Post by MadMax »

Hello everyone,

You can use this topic to discuss the FS18 and / or give us feedback to the game.

PS: If you spot a bug in the game, please post it into the intended theme, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=942&t=113268

Thank you and have fun with FS18!
Gruß Max...
Dr. Bob

Re: [FS18] Feedback/Discussions...

Post by Dr. Bob »

Congratulations on the new game. Currently the Play Store says under Installs: 1-5. Very new indeed. :biggrin2:

Have played FS14 and 16 quite a bit. Great games which I enjoyed playing a lot but unfortunately also with some (pretty major) annoyances.

As a result a few questions since there doesn't seem to be much info (yet?) on farming-simulator.com.

1. What is the limit on the number of vehicles you can buy? Running into that limit more or less ends a game for me because you cannot really set and achieve new goals any more after that. I have played new games trying to minimise my 'need' for vehicles but you then have to limit yourself in other ways too.

2. Have you finally gotten rid of the 'getting stuck' issues? Both on fences or buildings too close to fields and also vehicles driven by 'workers' getting stuck on each other? And can you farm each field in the most logical longitudinal direction without any getting stuck issues?

3. Will there be a 'Demo' version available too so you can test how well it works on your device?

4. Are any of the in-app purchases equipment or is everything 'unlocked' as in FS16 and can you only buy game-money to speed up the game?
Last edited by Dr. Bob on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Dr. Bob!

Thank you for the kind words. I have some answers for you:

1. The total numer should be up to 75 (vehicles + tools at the same time).
2. We tested this a lot and the helper works really well in FS18. There shouldn't be any problems around the field areas collisio-wise. There are certain fields that have trees near them, but there will also be an information text before buying the field that will notify you that the trees around this field should be cut down prior to working the soil there.
3. Currently there are no plans for a demo.

Hope I could help you with some of that!

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

Why the biggest cultivator is only 6m? In FS16 was bigger.
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

You answered my questions just as I was editing to add another question, about in-app purchases.

The max. number of vehicles was already 75 in FS16 (45 in FS14). With even more different types of equipment that limit is even more likely to become a problem fairly quickly. If you want to own all fields AND farm them you need enough equipment to do so in parallel without constant driving around of equipment. You need several types of equipment (cultivate/sow/fertilise/harvest/transport - each WITH their own tractor!) for several clusters of fields that you can farm with one "set" of equipment.

Once you progress in the game the game naturally shifts more towards a "Farming Management Simulator" which can be a differently challenging but enjoyable phase in the game but with 75 pieces of equipment you just don't have enough equipment to 'work' all the fields efficiently. The whole 'getting stuck' issue made that phase pretty difficult too because then you really need 'dependable workers' to have your operation running smoothly. By then you have to manage time and resources and that gets messed up when things simply stop working. Like for instance crop already growing on a partly sown field because while sowing the worker got stuck and you didn't notice it soon enough.

I don't know yet how far you can come in this game with 75 pieces of equipment of course. It depends on how efficient you can make use of them and whether the automation can be used effectively. NOT getting stuck would help a lot. But I still foresee it becoming a frustrating limitation way too soon. Why not increase this number?

It was illogical that in FS14 there existed much larger capacity sowing equipment which was absent in FS16. Such things reduce the efficiency with which you can work the fields causing the need for more equipment.

Are there also larger fields in FS18 than there are in FS14/16? Scaling up your operation is part of the challenge you can set but for that you not only need larger capacity equipment but also larger fields.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The in-app purchases are the same as for FS16, ie. you can buy all vehicles just with in-game money and the in-app purchases are for in-game money only.

We'll think about including larger equipment in future updates of the game.
The slot limit is there to avoid crashing low-memory devices and to run into extreme performance issues when all vehicles are bought. We'll do some more research if it is possible to further extend this limit based on the average hardware specs the players use.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Firstly, I love the new map, cool to see the train driving around, as well as more traffic. The AI drivers handle it well too.

The issues I have though, are that time is too fast and I can't see an option to make plant growth slower.
And also the hired workers can't operate forage wagons well. I have the Euroboss wagon on the first small grass field, and they do not see the windrows at all and miss most of the grass, and if you don't windrow they just go up and down the field on almost the same path so it takes a very long time to complete.
I will try balers soon and see if they experience this issue too.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Neal121

Post by Neal121 »

My first feedback post regarding latest mobile edition.

I feel the first fertilizer, the bucket, is draining far too fast. Especially in comparison to the previous game.
Dr. Bob

[FS18] Bug Collection Thread - SPLIT

Post by Dr. Bob »

Well... bought it and started playing.

The red paths and green 'grass' surfaces and grey roads all have a nasty grainy 'shimmer' when moving through the landscape and the claim of "New 3D graphics show even more detail on your machinery and the southern US environment" currently doesn't apply to the ground surfaces. The green (grass?) surfaces don't look very natural. The landscape has a bit of a barren 'industrial' look to it lacking in colour variation and is not as tidy and friendly and lush looking as the previous versions, which I quite liked.

The fields have white sparkles on them in standard and high graphics settings. A related bug it would seem

The field with the wool cart next to it already doesn't work well when farmed lengthwise as I already feared when the tractor was positioned initially in a way suggesting farming across. When I changed it and farmed lengthwise the cultivator immediately got stuck on the wool cart which was partially shoved aside after the first crossing of the field. Later when it happened again (when fertilising I think) I saw I got this dumb comment from the farmer that "you cannot unload this type of fruit here" or something similar that also happens at the sheep shed in FS16 where it's also a bug.

That smallest fertiliser spreader has a ridiculously small capacity. Not even enough to fertilise one of the smallest fields you start out with. This resulted in me running out of money when I was just picking up a 'free' cart with some product while a worker was fertilising a field starting with a full load. I had to drive the free cart myself to its destination to replenish my funds. On the way I got some "Achievement unlocked" message when I crossed a road but I have no idea what achievement that is. I cannot find any list of achievements in the game. I clearly much prefer the small fertiliser spreader in FS14/16.

Also. No more difficulty grades? I had recently started new games in FS14 and FS16 (yesterday in FS16) on the Difficult setting as it gives more of a challenge to the experienced player.

And please set up the landscape more realistically with a bit more space around the fields. You can hardly park anything around it without a worker getting stuck on it again. The getting stuck thing is SO annoying. A road SO close to a field that a worker drives over it on every turn is just not realistic.

After refilling the fertiliser a worker finished the job on the north field a later time but kept going and got stuck just inside the wool cart parking area (from which I had removed the cart) and I got the message again about this fruit cannot be unloaded here or something. Silly. That getting lost after returning from a refill is an old bug also present in FS16. I also let the seeder auto refill when parked just southwest of the bridge on the green area and after it had refilled it chose a ridiculously illogical and long roundabout way 4-5 times as long back to where it came from. Also an old bug present in FS16 where the AI sometimes is very hesitant and erratic in choosing a path.

Also please, please, PLEASE bring back the navigation functionality of the small map, the same it is in FS14. I have found myself playing FS14 much more the past months instead of FS16 and a major reason for this is that FAR superior User Interface for selecting vehicles and glancing through the map. I play on a 12 inch tablet and am left-handed. To switch vehicles once you have more than a few and the left-right buttons become too cumbersome is SO much easier with that small map in FS14 than it is by EVERY time having to move my left hand from holding the tablet to tapping the map button on the top right and moving my hand back again in FS16 and now in FS18.

Also the tractors need some braking. I find myself overshooting with the small tipper when I manually stop alongside a harvester and the unloading stops again. It's also very noticeable when using the stump grinder in FS16. Either 'apply the brake' when the gas handle is released or give the red button below the gas handle the function of brake. It currently has no function at all. Brake lights would be a nice detail.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

have a question. the manual says I can get money for 3ds coins but I can't figure out how to get a screen to exchange the coins. and I have only seen traffic one time. I hauled a load of straw to the bga and when I exited the bga there was a line of cars, maybe 6 going east on the hiway from the bga. other than that one time I have seen no traffic and I have been playing it about 7 hours. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
saruwatarikaito

Post by saruwatarikaito »

Loving the new version. :smileynew:

:smileynew: The one thing missing is more maps. Would love to see the previous version maps in this one. I still play FS12, FS14, FS16 on iOS.

I also believe the Hay Bales are too low per acre, only getting around 5. I would expect it to be twice that.

Please tweak these versions before iOS 11 so I can enjoy playing them , :smileynew: I love playing these maps when I'm on the move.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Post by x Lethian x »

Dr. Bob wrote:Well... bought it and started playing.

The red paths and green 'grass' surfaces and grey roads all have a nasty grainy 'shimmer' when moving through the landscape and the claim of "New 3D graphics show even more detail on your machinery and the southern US environment" currently doesn't apply to the ground surfaces. The green (grass?) surfaces don't look very natural. The landscape has a bit of a barren 'industrial' look to it lacking in colour variation and is not as tidy and friendly and lush looking as the previous versions, which I quite liked.

The fields have white sparkles on them in standard and high graphics settings. A related bug it would seem

The field with the wool cart next to it already doesn't work well when farmed lengthwise as I already feared when the tractor was positioned initially in a way suggesting farming across. When I changed it and farmed lengthwise the cultivator immediately got stuck on the wool cart which was partially shoved aside after the first crossing of the field. Later when it happened again (when fertilising I think) I saw I got this dumb comment from the farmer that "you cannot unload this type of fruit here" or something similar that also happens at the sheep shed in FS16 where it's also a bug.

That smallest fertiliser spreader has a ridiculously small capacity. Not even enough to fertilise one of the smallest fields you start out with. This resulted in me running out of money when I was just picking up a 'free' cart with some product while a worker was fertilising a field starting with a full load. I had to drive the free cart myself to its destination to replenish my funds. On the way I got some "Achievement unlocked" message when I crossed a road but I have no idea what achievement that is. I cannot find any list of achievements in the game. I clearly much prefer the small fertiliser spreader in FS14/16.

Also. No more difficulty grades? I had recently started new games in FS14 and FS16 (yesterday in FS16) on the Difficult setting as it gives more of a challenge to the experienced player.

And please set up the landscape more realistically with a bit more space around the fields. You can hardly park anything around it without a worker getting stuck on it again. The getting stuck thing is SO annoying. A road SO close to a field that a worker drives over it on every turn is just not realistic.

After refilling the fertiliser a worker finished the job on the north field a later time but kept going and got stuck just inside the wool cart parking area (from which I had removed the cart) and I got the message again about this fruit cannot be unloaded here or something. Silly. That getting lost after returning from a refill is an old bug also present in FS16. I also let the seeder auto refill when parked just southwest of the bridge on the green area and after it had refilled it chose a ridiculously illogical and long roundabout way 4-5 times as long back to where it came from. Also an old bug present in FS16 where the AI sometimes is very hesitant and erratic in choosing a path.

Also please, please, PLEASE bring back the navigation functionality of the small map, the same it is in FS14. I have found myself playing FS14 much more the past months instead of FS16 and a major reason for this is that FAR superior User Interface for selecting vehicles and glancing through the map. I play on a 12 inch tablet and am left-handed. To switch vehicles once you have more than a few and the left-right buttons become too cumbersome is SO much easier with that small map in FS14 than it is by EVERY time having to move my left hand from holding the tablet to tapping the map button on the top right and moving my hand back again in FS16 and now in FS18.

Also the tractors need some braking. I find myself overshooting with the small tipper when I manually stop alongside a harvester and the unloading stops again. It's also very noticeable when using the stump grinder in FS16. Either 'apply the brake' when the gas handle is released or give the red button below the gas handle the function of brake. It currently has no function at all. Brake lights would be a nice detail.
Hi Dr. Bob!

For future reports please keep it to our guideline we have here in the forum:

Code: Select all

- On which device you're playing FS18:
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:
- Issue:
- Single- or Multiplayer:
- Steps to reproduce: 
Concerning your problems your problems: Your graphic issues sound familiar - we experienced these on low-end devices as well. Could you tell me what kind of phone you are using to play FS18 on? We will take a look at the cultivator triggering the error message on the wool trigger. The rest sounds like some good stuff for our feedbackthread since these aren't bugreports per se. How about having a look: viewtopic.php?f=942&t=113269 ;)

Regards,
Lethian
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

EDIT: Packed this big post into a spoiler.
When you start writing you keep adding things you find worth mentioning. I realised I was mixing bugs with more general feedback but separating these after you've written the text and then making two postings is a bit of a hassle and since you'll understand what is what anyway AND I wanted to play the game I left it as it was. Writing these texts takes quite a bit of time and it would take even longer if I had to organise and split everything between two topics. I hope you'll just appreciate all my efforts.

And could you please make a list of already known bugs, as is pretty customary, particularly in the open source communities, because it would prevent us wasting time to report something that is already known.

I looked up the exact SOC specs. Relevant for the 'grainy shimmer'.

CPU : Rockchip RK3128 Quad-Core @ 1.3 GHz, Cortex A7
GPU : Mali 400 MP2

You 'get used' to the grainy shimmer and sort of 'tune it out' but it would be nicer if it wasn't there.

I'm very pleased with the GoTo function which I suggested earlier but it is currently not without issues.

The big advantage is you can send slow equipment to farther away fields thereby reducing the need for more equipment to work such far apart fields. This helps keeping the total number of vehicles down and avoiding the 75 pieces of equipment limit. I bought the northern 250k field and sent the Case harvester up and down the connecting road without a problem (although you may need to drive it a bit in the right direction to prevent the AI to select the much longer 'western' route - 'bug') but after I exchanged my Case harvester for a Rostselmash I ran into a BIG problem with the GoTo function. That larger harvester gets stuck on poles next to the northern bridge, on poles along the road leading south and on the sides of the covered bridge north of the starter fields. It wouldn't if it would detach its header and pull it behind it I expect but doing that manually negates the advantage of the GoTo function and it would often be quicker to just drive it yourself. The path selection algorithm isn't taking the total width of the vehicle with header attached into account and doesn't make it move more to the middle of the road to avoid these obstacles. Please fix this.

Secondly. Not really a bug but since it’s related I'll still mention it here in context. I was used to activating workers from the map. I positioned mowers and harvesters so they could be started as soon as the icon on the field changed to indicate it was ready to be mowed or harvested again. I could start four mowers for instance from the map once the fields were 'synchronised'. Now that function is replaced by the GoTo function instead of being added to the existing function. I realised that when I thought I had started the harvester when I was busy on the map and noticed the crop being ready so I tapped the harvester and tapped the steering wheel, not realising my next tap, intended for selecting another vehicle, would send the harvester on its way there instead of harvesting the crop. I discovered it when it was at it's destination far from where it was supposed to be. Adding a feature but at the same time taking one away is not just gain but also loss. I would much prefer to have both.

I understand that screen space is limited, especially on phones with a small screen, so extra buttons are not easy to find space for. But a long-press could be used for instance to add a second function to that button. Since the GoTo function is probably going to be used more than starting workers the long press should have the original function of FS16 and the single press the new GoTo function. The icon on the button could change to indicate which function was activated. Alternatively the right information panel could be vertically compressed to make room for a second row of buttons. 2x3 for instance. With for instance one or two extra button too to start a sequence of actions. For instance: Start sequence list button, first refill, then refuel, then get cleaned, then GoTo [tap destination], Activate button. The other buttons could show a small number indicating the position in the sequence and also indicating they have been included.

Combining more actions could already be achieved very easily now with the current buttons by making the buttons 'sticky' on/off buttons so you could press all three action buttons (refill, refuel and clean) and they then would be executed in the sequence they were pressed so you can influence where the vehicle would be at the end of the action sequence. Now pressing a button cancels the previously pressed button. They needn't. They could stay activated until the player deactivates them again or the action has been executed.

Another 'bug' is basically the route selection algorithm that doesn’t seem to be changed from FS16. When refuelling from the starter fields it often chooses to go to the much farther away 'western' fuel station instead of the much closer 'north' fuel station.

Extra bug here is that when refuelling is done at the north station afterwards the vehicle drives over the cleaning area instead of directly returning to the road thereby activating cleaning for a short time, not enough to completely clean the vehicle but it still subtracts some money I believe.

The whole path selection algorithm should get a big overhaul.

BIG BUG is that workers still get stuck a LOT. When working the north starter field they drive over the road with every second stroke. If another worker is driving there to do an automatic refill or as a result of a GoTo action they get stuck. PLEASE make the AI detect that a collision is going to take place and simply let one vehicle stop and wait until the path is clear again. How hard can that be? Please spend more time fixing these essential basic functions/features and not only make more features. These new features are nice but such basic features not working properly spoils a lot of the fun.

The manual is incomplete in that it doesn't explain how to buy animals. I worked it out eventually but I would have preferred it to have been included in the manual.

And could you give an indication as to how large of a herd of sheep and cows in FS18 would give a similar wool/milk yield as in FS16?

Here a few screenshots of unwanted things occurring:

Cultivator veered off immediately after worker started while I was positioning the seeder.

Where it ended up.

Type of fruit error over wool trailer area when sowing. If the trailer is there it gets stuck a bit making the error last longer which can result in it getting stuck. So I moved the wool trailer to a diferent spot. There really needs to be more separation between the wool loading area and the field, as it was in FS16.

Stuck fertiliser spreader shortly after reloading and veering off randomly.

Where it came from. The light strip is the part it 'forgot' to fertilise.

Return path after refuelling at the much farther away western fuel station after it went there via the southern route. Strange it chooses a different 'to' and 'from' path. Especially since the return path leads it past the much closer north fuel station.

Another veering off fertiliser spreader after reloading.

Collision (stuck) between harvester worker and worker sent to deliver wool. The latter one should simply stop and pause for a while before the collision occurs. Or(/and) the roads should simply be farther away from the fields.

x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

[FS18] Bug Collection Thread - SPLIT

Post by x Lethian x »

Dr. Bob wrote:EDIT: Packed this big post into a spoiler.
When you start writing you keep adding things you find worth mentioning. I realised I was mixing bugs with more general feedback but separating these after you've written the text and then making two postings is a bit of a hassle and since you'll understand what is what anyway AND I wanted to play the game I left it as it was. Writing these texts takes quite a bit of time and it would take even longer if I had to organise and split everything between two topics. I hope you'll just appreciate all my efforts.

And could you please make a list of already known bugs, as is pretty customary, particularly in the open source communities, because it would prevent us wasting time to report something that is already known.

I looked up the exact SOC specs. Relevant for the 'grainy shimmer'.

CPU : Rockchip RK3128 Quad-Core @ 1.3 GHz, Cortex A7
GPU : Mali 400 MP2

You 'get used' to the grainy shimmer and sort of 'tune it out' but it would be nicer if it wasn't there.

I'm very pleased with the GoTo function which I suggested earlier but it is currently not without issues.

The big advantage is you can send slow equipment to farther away fields thereby reducing the need for more equipment to work such far apart fields. This helps keeping the total number of vehicles down and avoiding the 75 pieces of equipment limit. I bought the northern 250k field and sent the Case harvester up and down the connecting road without a problem (although you may need to drive it a bit in the right direction to prevent the AI to select the much longer 'western' route - 'bug') but after I exchanged my Case harvester for a Rostselmash I ran into a BIG problem with the GoTo function. That larger harvester gets stuck on poles next to the northern bridge, on poles along the road leading south and on the sides of the covered bridge north of the starter fields. It wouldn't if it would detach its header and pull it behind it I expect but doing that manually negates the advantage of the GoTo function and it would often be quicker to just drive it yourself. The path selection algorithm isn't taking the total width of the vehicle with header attached into account and doesn't make it move more to the middle of the road to avoid these obstacles. Please fix this.

Secondly. Not really a bug but since it’s related I'll still mention it here in context. I was used to activating workers from the map. I positioned mowers and harvesters so they could be started as soon as the icon on the field changed to indicate it was ready to be mowed or harvested again. I could start four mowers for instance from the map once the fields were 'synchronised'. Now that function is replaced by the GoTo function instead of being added to the existing function. I realised that when I thought I had started the harvester when I was busy on the map and noticed the crop being ready so I tapped the harvester and tapped the steering wheel, not realising my next tap, intended for selecting another vehicle, would send the harvester on its way there instead of harvesting the crop. I discovered it when it was at it's destination far from where it was supposed to be. Adding a feature but at the same time taking one away is not just gain but also loss. I would much prefer to have both.

I understand that screen space is limited, especially on phones with a small screen, so extra buttons are not easy to find space for. But a long-press could be used for instance to add a second function to that button. Since the GoTo function is probably going to be used more than starting workers the long press should have the original function of FS16 and the single press the new GoTo function. The icon on the button could change to indicate which function was activated. Alternatively the right information panel could be vertically compressed to make room for a second row of buttons. 2x3 for instance. With for instance one or two extra button too to start a sequence of actions. For instance: Start sequence list button, first refill, then refuel, then get cleaned, then GoTo [tap destination], Activate button. The other buttons could show a small number indicating the position in the sequence and also indicating they have been included.

Combining more actions could already be achieved very easily now with the current buttons by making the buttons 'sticky' on/off buttons so you could press all three action buttons (refill, refuel and clean) and they then would be executed in the sequence they were pressed so you can influence where the vehicle would be at the end of the action sequence. Now pressing a button cancels the previously pressed button. They needn't. They could stay activated until the player deactivates them again or the action has been executed.

Another 'bug' is basically the route selection algorithm that doesn’t seem to be changed from FS16. When refuelling from the starter fields it often chooses to go to the much farther away 'western' fuel station instead of the much closer 'north' fuel station.

Extra bug here is that when refuelling is done at the north station afterwards the vehicle drives over the cleaning area instead of directly returning to the road thereby activating cleaning for a short time, not enough to completely clean the vehicle but it still subtracts some money I believe.

The whole path selection algorithm should get a big overhaul.

BIG BUG is that workers still get stuck a LOT. When working the north starter field they drive over the road with every second stroke. If another worker is driving there to do an automatic refill or as a result of a GoTo action they get stuck. PLEASE make the AI detect that a collision is going to take place and simply let one vehicle stop and wait until the path is clear again. How hard can that be? Please spend more time fixing these essential basic functions/features and not only make more features. These new features are nice but such basic features not working properly spoils a lot of the fun.

The manual is incomplete in that it doesn't explain how to buy animals. I worked it out eventually but I would have preferred it to have been included in the manual.

And could you give an indication as to how large of a herd of sheep and cows in FS18 would give a similar wool/milk yield as in FS16?

Here a few screenshots of unwanted things occurring:

Cultivator veered off immediately after worker started while I was positioning the seeder.

Where it ended up.

Type of fruit error over wool trailer area when sowing. If the trailer is there it gets stuck a bit making the error last longer which can result in it getting stuck. So I moved the wool trailer to a diferent spot. There really needs to be more separation between the wool loading area and the field, as it was in FS16.

Stuck fertiliser spreader shortly after reloading and veering off randomly.

Where it came from. The light strip is the part it 'forgot' to fertilise.

Return path after refuelling at the much farther away western fuel station after it went there via the southern route. Strange it chooses a different 'to' and 'from' path. Especially since the return path leads it past the much closer north fuel station.

Another veering off fertiliser spreader after reloading.

Collision (stuck) between harvester worker and worker sent to deliver wool. The latter one should simply stop and pause for a while before the collision occurs. Or(/and) the roads should simply be farther away from the fields.

Hi Dr. Bob!

Damn, your posts are huge :D And yes, we wholeheartedly appreciate bug reports like this. The only reason I asked you to write down your problems like this

- Issue:
- Steps to reproduce: 
is because it is easier for us to see the problem you are reporting straight ahead. Please keep to using this format, since we don't always have the time to read through such long posts and "fish out" the bug you are trying to report ;) Please also take a look at the link in my descirption on how to properly post images in our forum.

Now, about your problems: The bigger headers on the harvesters are not to be attached until you are directly in front of the field; you can attach them just like a trailer and drive them to where you want to work. Therefore we will not fix this.
The path-AI is very tricky: It will always try to find the best path according to the direction you are facing. Try "looking" into the direction of the fuel station you want to drive to and it should work. The problem with the fertilizing tool with a tractor is a known issue that we are still searching a reliable reproduction case for. Any help here is greatly appreciated - I noticed this happening after a worker runs out of fertilzer, fills up and returns to the field.

I will mark the known issues into my first post in this thread and will put yours into spoilers because of their length to keep it organized here - I hope you don't mind ;)
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

x Lethian x wrote:[Hi Dr. Bob!

Damn, your posts are huge :D And yes, we wholeheartedly appreciate bug reports like this. The only reason I asked you to write down your problems like this[/color]

- Issue:
- Steps to reproduce: 
is because it is easier for us to see the problem you are reporting straight ahead. Please keep to using this format, since we don't always have the time to read through such long posts and "fish out" the bug you are trying to report ;) Please also take a look at the link in my descirption on how to properly post images in our forum.

Yes, I understand how it's easier for you but it is even(!) more work for me to separate the pure bug description from the comment. But I could perhaps list the bugs in short again at the top or bottom of my posting. And what's wrong with the images? The instructions say either use thumbnails or full size images. With several images using thumbnails makes it necessary to do a lot of clicking to view each image. Using the full size is much more convenient for the readers by eliminating the need for these actions.

Now, about your problems: The bigger headers on the harvesters are not to be attached until you are directly in front of the field; you can attach them just like a trailer and drive them to where you want to work. Therefore we will not fix this.

But the whole point of the GoTo function is automating time consuming tedious longer (and shorter especially for slow equipment) drives to move equipment between fields. If I have to manually remove and reattach the header each time the GoTo function loses most of its appeal and usefulness for harvesters as I already mentioned. Driving them myself with the header attached will then often be less time consuming. I basically only pull the header directly after I bought a new harvester plus header and drive them from the shop to a field.

Alternatively make the worker do the removing and reattaching of the header automatically as part of the GoTo function. Harvesters are slow and their cost is an obstacle early in the game and therefore the GoTo function is ideal for those. It allows you to buy fields farther away from each other. Not being able to drive automatically means that eventually I will buy more harvesters to eliminate the need to move them around consuming two items (or three with two headers) of the 75 limit for every extra harvester. That will make me run into that 75 equipment limit much sooner which is what I want to avoid and what the GoTo function is ideal for.

The path-AI is very tricky: It will always try to find the best path according to the direction you are facing. Try "looking" into the direction of the fuel station you want to drive to and it should work.

The convenience factor is reduced if you have to leave the map every time to point the vehicle in some direction. Car navigation software uses routing algorithms too. No need to indicate a starting direction there. I expect quite a bit about this subject is known and available and not just proprietary 'secret' information. Part of it will be but the basics are probably taught to IT students. Find that info and use it I'd suggest.

The problem with the fertilizing tool with a tractor is a known issue that we are still searching a reliable reproduction case for. Any help here is greatly appreciated - I noticed this happening after a worker runs out of fertilzer, fills up and returns to the field.

I gave two examples in the images I posted to this end. You can see the equipment used and infer the starting position/corner and you can surely recognise the fields. But as you can see the cultivator behaves erratically too sometimes.

I will mark the known issues into my first post in this thread and will put yours into spoilers because of their length to keep it organized here - I hope you don't mind ;)

Listing the known issues will save us the trouble to repeat them allowing more time to play and find new ones. :)

Using the spoiler function leads to the images not being shown properly but being cut off on the right side.