Ground Modification

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

Re: Ground Modification

Post by W1der »

So ...

Any more feedback regarding this mod ... Is it safe to use or is one "asking for problems" if using it?

Personally I have used it very little ... so far without any noticeable issues.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
pilfit

Post by pilfit »

This mod does not work if you have your mod folder outside the default location. I don't like to keep my mod folder on my C drive because of the insane amount of FS mods I install, if I did my system SSD would fill up fast. The game crashes when you press start on a map with this mod activated giving an errors in the log about not being able to find files from the mod and the map you are using.

It works if I put a copy of the mod and the map I am playing on in the default mod folder but that's not a great option seeing as the maps are the real space hogs.
W1der

Post by W1der »

OK ... that sounds like a bug (that hopefully can be fixed).

I was kind of looking for issues with frame drops or similar if this mod is used "extensively".
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

W1der wrote:OK ... that sounds like a bug (that hopefully can be fixed).

I was kind of looking for issues with frame drops or similar if this mod is used "extensively".
My wife and I have been using this mod extensively making "modifications" on all maps we play. So far no frame issues on our end at all and we're both playing on laptops. Modified one field into production for farm, did another for forestry- no frame issues at all for us. Have another friend that uses it on his laptop and same report- all is right as rain. Everything is saving and staying. :)
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Makes no sense to me. I uninstalled it, and then re-downloaded it, and installed it, and it still will not save the changes. Did extensive mods on Giants Island map, only to have them all go poof the next time I played the game. :frown:
FS-19 (PC)
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Just started Giants Island map with no mods except Giants Island, and Ground Modification and it works fine, and saves. So now I get to install one mod at a time to find the culprit.
FS-19 (PC)
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

CarsenGray wrote:Just started Giants Island map with no mods except Giants Island, and Ground Modification and it works fine, and saves. So now I get to install one mod at a time to find the culprit.

That will be fun ;)
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Found it. The only mod I did not get from the mod hub, and all my characters use. The Swiss Bank Mod that enables me to transfer money from one saved game to another. First mod I tried, and now it will not save the changes. Not only does it not save the changes, but it wiped out all the changes I had saved from an earlier session.
FS-19 (PC)
zadiac

Post by zadiac »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for barging in like this, but where in the store do I find the ground modification mod. According to the game it's installed and loaded, but I can't find it in the store.
Thanks.
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

zadiac wrote:Hi everyone,

Sorry for barging in like this, but where in the store do I find the ground modification mod. According to the game it's installed and loaded, but I can't find it in the store.
Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it uses the default in game roller and adds the extra ground modification scripts to it
CQ59

Post by CQ59 »

There are several issues with "Ground Modification" by Jodamm that I have found.

After I create a field or extend and existing field with plow, and have one harvest from field after the next rain fall all modifications made by the tool will revert back to their original state and every field on GoldCrest map will revert to needing plow state. Another issue that was occurring using AI or Courseplay to work fields would leave patches or entire row unchanged.

I determined this was the mod causing the problem by taking a savedgame from said folder and repeat the rain cycle using only one mod at a time and only the above occurred was when "Ground Modification" by Jodamm was being utilized. It should be noted that if a newly created field has it's first crop on it, that field is not effected.
zadiac

Post by zadiac »

TimmyTheSnail wrote:
zadiac wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it uses the default in game roller and adds the extra ground modification scripts to it

Yes, you are correct. Thank you very much.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

It also doesn't work with the Bank of Hagenstedt mod. It will not save the mods you do to your fields or roads, or whatever. I found this out by process of elimination.

edit: Not the Bank of Hagenstedt, the Swiss Bank mod. :( Just noticed I already stated this...
FS-19 (PC)
saskfarmer

Post by saskfarmer »

Gotta say love this mod ive been dreaming of something like this since 13 cant believe its real now. Only issue i have is i just spent the past hour trying to change the gravel texture to something that suits my game style a little more, and i for the life of me can not figure out how lol. is it possible? any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Is there any indication when this mod, ground modification, is getting an update? Currently it conflicts with Wopster's Hose system and I'd like to start using that mod, but not interested in losing ground modification.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<