MR - moreRealistic mod is back!!

adriancos

MR - moreRealistic mod is back!!

Post by adriancos »

For all of you who enjoyed moreRealistic mod in FS11 and FS13, very good news:
Dural (the author of the mod) is back and is working hard (1500 hours invested already only for FS17, one man job) to make the game more of a simulation experience, not arcade one.

Here are just some of the improvements he made:
- real masses for vehicles and content
- rolling resistance (takes into account ground type and wheel type, and wheel width and wheel radius)
- air resistance
- transmission efficiency
- real engine torque curve (even if this is not really useful with CVT transmission, we have the correct rpm like IRL)
- real acceleration (no more rocket launch start)
- new CVT transmission that manages the engine rpm according to power demand (less power = less rpm, engine brake needed = more rpm)
- duals, weight, wide tire do have an incidence in game now (for example : larger tyre = better in field, but not on the road)
- you have to choose "carefully" your implement/tractor set (especially if you have "sloppy" fields)
- realistic fuel consumption based on power delivered (and rpm at which the power is delivered)
- balancing of "fruit" yields and prices
- and many more

This mod is changing the game in depth, making it more close to a simulation, where tractors and harvesters behave like real farming equipment with working speeds based on implement type, slope angle, tire size, etc...

You can check more about it on dedicated forum on FS-UK (you will also have the download link there):

https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=195659.0

Edit: mod is compatible with Seasons, Courseplay, GearBox addon mod, etc.
Last edited by adriancos on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
alpha117

Re: MR - moreRealistic mod is back!!

Post by alpha117 »

Is this a 'must have' MOD?

I'm learning fast here :biggrin2:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

alpha117 wrote:Is this a 'must have' MOD?

I'm learning fast here :biggrin2:
It is but I would get comfortable with vanilla mechanics first.
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Thanks Seb
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Is it compatible with Drive Control? And if you don't mind me asking, what does the gear box add on do? I've seen people with it but I can't figure out what it does.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
fezken

Post by fezken »

Smith Modding wrote:Is it compatible with Drive Control? And if you don't mind me asking, what does the gear box add on do? I've seen people with it but I can't figure out what it does.
I have had no issues with MR and Drive Control. They seem play nicely together.
GearBox addon adds a functional gearbox to the game. It makes the driving experience much more enjoyable, especially when driving manual transmissions, as you are required to change gear and gearrange based on the situation you are in. I would recommend you get the GearBox addon from github(just do a quick google search for it), as this where the latest updates are released. Gearbox Addons is also compatible with MR.

These mods add so much to the game. I simply cannot play without them, as I feel that the driving experience in the base is too mundane.
With the addition of seasons as well, this game has become much more enjoyable. Without the quality content delivered by the various modders and modding teams I would not even bother playing this game anymore. Respect!
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ok thanks fezken! I'll get it today and start using it, along with seasons and mr stuff
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
dutchman063

Post by dutchman063 »

Issue im having is the sound of the tractors seem to be delayed from the tractors actual movements
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

dutchman063 wrote:Issue im having is the sound of the tractors seem to be delayed from the tractors actual movements
You should report that to dural on fs-uk.

Never mind. I see you already did so.
yumi

Post by yumi »

This is the best mod ever. I'm still playing FS 2017 because of moreRealistic and can really enjoy the game now.
It would be good that Giants take this mod (and great modder) into account one day. From what I understand, it seems more difficult after each new game release to get back to a realistic driving experience and Giants does not seems very reactive and helpful on gdn forum...
I really hope this would change in the future. We really have the evidence of what Dural can make as a modder looking at the hard work he made on the different releases.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
novass

Post by novass »

I would live it..but it would have to come to console. .if it does..I'd be using it..but thanks for making modder..Giants needs this in all fs games.....Chris
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Is it compatible with realistic fuel use or should I get rid of it and use mr
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
dutchman063

Post by dutchman063 »

theSeb wrote:
dutchman063 wrote:Issue im having is the sound of the tractors seem to be delayed from the tractors actual movements
You should report that to dural on fs-uk.

Never mind. I see you already did so.
Thanks.... and Yeah i did but never got a clear concise answer... He just said "can you check the sound against the engine rpm ? (CVT gearbox = actual sound not proportionnal to the movement like a fixed gearbox)"... i asked what that meant but never got a response.... o well
webalizer

Post by webalizer »

gmfarmer420 wrote:Is it compatible with realistic fuel use or should I get rid of it and use mr
MR has it´s own realistic fuel consumption. So no need for an other mod.

Also if you´re talking about "Better fuel usage" mod it´s listed under known mod conflicts here:
https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?t ... msg1273124