Looking for Seasons testers

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Looking for Seasons testers

Post by Rahkiin »

Hello dear Seasons players!

The latest 1.5 months have been a blast. Not only have we won the Farming Simulator ModContest 2017, we also received a lot of great comments on Seasons.

We loved reading your stories when playing Seasons and how much you all love the challenge of a more realistic simulation. Keep it coming!

The contest version is relatively error-free as far, as software goes at first release, and we are very proud of that. We could not have achieved this without the people testing Seasons before release.

Since then we have been fixing issues in the game and doing improvements for stability and some gameplay. There are some significant changes in the background that need some serious playtime, and we also have revamped textures that need a good bunch of testing.

Help us make Seasons better!
We would like to ask you to help us make Seasons even better, by testing our development version. It should be quite stable, so you can run it instead of the contest version (1.0). Make sure to make a backup of your save game first: it is still in development and can thus break your save game.
You can find our development version on our GitHub: https://www.github.com/RealismusModding/FS17_seasons. There is a green download button on the right. Make sure to unzip and remove the dash from the folder.

You can find the latest changes in our release notes: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... issues/444.

If you run into any issues, contact us either in this thread, write an issue on our GitHub, or contact us on our Slack: https://slack.realismusmodding.com (also to keep up to date about the latest developments). Please provide us your log.txt.
Remember, the documentation is at https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/seasons/manual. (And we are still working on writing more).

Regards,

Rahkiin
Realismus Modding
Last edited by Rahkiin on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smith Modding

Re: Looking for Seasons testers

Post by Smith Modding »

What's new in this version?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Would help... But you know :blushnew: ya I too would like to know what's new as well
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

don_apple

Post by don_apple »

You can get a list of all the changes by looking a the 'commits' that were made to the github repo: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... ts/develop
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The most up to date release notes are here: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... issues/444. Forgot to link it.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Cool! 24 day seasons... jeez thats a long time. I'll download it today and play around with it
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

will be glad to help you. I was involved in testing a map for fs15. I am playing kleinhau with seasons. will I have any problems having the development version without starting a new map with kleintau? it doesn't have the snow or rain mod and I am using the square bales of hay. I do use round bales of straw for the cows. and I am using 3 day seasons. if you want me to use different seasons I will do so. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

You can use dev without problem on an existing savegame. Actually, if it has problems, that is a bug.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

when I change seasons from 3 days to 6, the loader wagon came up empty of grass. at least I think that is what happened. will keep an eye on it. needed to have a warm day for planting radishes. will change to 3 days after that. I am on second year of three days and it works well for me so far. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Smith Modding wrote:Cool! 24 day seasons... jeez thats a long time. I'll download it today and play around with it
Wow... 24 days seasons... How are you going to stay affloat financially between sowing time and harvesting?
Even with a whole lot of production operations, I regret I hadn't set 6 days seasons but left to default@9, I feel the time passing way too slowly... But I still make huge(even too much lol) profits everyday :mrgreen:
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We normalize pricing, so a year costs the same amount with 3 of 24 days per season. However, if you are going to do more stuff you have more costs, obviously. But you can also seed and harvest more fields.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

SVAPA agro set placeables have very low maintenance cost(around 10$/day), and if you keep it running all day long(skipping night), I've got 150-200k$ net profit/day... just by selling rasperies, strawberries, red currants, sugar, treacle and emptypallets&carton over-prod...
I just added PressedWoodChipsBoard to my operations(to spend WoodChips over-prod and some chipping when I harvest too much wood), beginning prod as I write...
I also added 3 solar pannels to the 4 I already had.
I estimate to at least 225k-250k$/day net profit with these additions.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Wow. Do you have a link to SVAPA set thing? I think we didn't / can't normalize its income.

You are cheating yourself though :P
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Rahkiin wrote:Wow. Do you have a link to SVAPA set thing? I think we didn't / can't normalize its income.

You are cheating yourself though :P
All are on Marhu.net website: http://marhu.net/ModsOverView.php?sid=9 ... efb3e121da

I get this income with these prods:
I use G-Translate to have the site in english as I don't read german.
1x RSV V2 sawmill
2x Sawmill( V1.1 || Fabrikscript 2.1.7)
1x SVAPA Agro- Coal Workable
3x Pallets can be placed. V 1.0.5 Placeable
- Modified to use BoardWood(pallets from sawmills) instead of logs
2x Carton factory placeable v 1.0.3 Placeable
3x(1 of each) Placeable greenhouses v 1.0.2
1x Placeable sugar factory v 1.1.0
1x Placeable press shop V1.2.2
- I modified this press shop to have it use emptypalletsvapa too, to make it more realist.

For selling those pallets:
SVAPA AgroCentral Trading 1.1.0
- I'm trying to make it a sellpoint for the "presspalleten"(pressed woodchips pallets) at this moment, I am still not sure why it's not working but I'll figure it out.

You got me thinking that I could eventually increase the daily cost of those placeables.

It's not really cheating myself, as managaging all these prods are a whole lot of work:
- To keep it running all-day long, I can't Fast-Forward for longer than around 30 minutes(in-game time) at a time.
- Requires regular wood harvesting to keep everything running.
- I have to handle everything (removing filled pallets, keeping ressources filled, etc.) myself.
- Requires more machinery&equipments: WheelLoaders(pallets, logs and woodchips), Logging harvester, trailers, etc.
- Machinery(Trucks, tractors, etc.) runs a lot of hours every day, so maintenance cost will be higher.

But hey, I chose to go on this project, I have to assume it.
- I can't, as most users of this mod must do, skip/Fast-Forward an entire day when there's nothing to do, I ALWAYS have something to handle...