Time to buy a PC

redglasses

Re: Time to buy a PC

Post by redglasses »

See I'm looking to buy a cheap PC, but I can't even afford a cheap one :frown: . One question, could I hook it up to my tv like my xbox one, this way I won't have to pay for a monitor, which I feel is where the expenses start to pile up, I need only low to medium graphics with 60 fps. But when people ask the budget I say as cheap as possible they give me a $750 machine?!?!? How is that cheap?

Also I would like to run my controller instead of a keyboard and mouse, and it seems Guil got something for super cheap that runs the game nicely. Really the only reason for me getting a PC is to make some slight modifications to in game equipment, and to play the game with 60fps and more mods
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I got mine for $450 cause it was on sale. Just do some looking around and be patient and you'll find something
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

well ive gone to the darkside. went to bestbuy and dropped $800 on a gaming rig. maybe not the best but at least now ill be able to do what I want.

further more since this has gotten so far off topic a ringmaster couldn't reorganize this circus will a moderator please close this thread.

and yes if you have an HDMI port on your computer you can hook it to your tv. this is hooked up to my 70in aquos tv. looks amazing
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Hey manosaurus, welcome to the dark side! Have fun with seasons and courseplay and follow me and GPS and...
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Lmao. I don't want any of that.... I'll have fun with my potato washers and compost maker and all the other depth adding mods. Just as soon as I figure out how to do it I'm gonna start modding. All mods will be under manosaurus farms inc
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I smell a collaboration :coolnew: :wink3: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Smith Modding wrote:I smell a collaboration :coolnew: :wink3: :lol:

Hostile takeover. It's the dinosaurs time once again. Since now that I'm on pc I've become the "master race" lmfao
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Way2drunk2walk wrote:Hello everybody I am also looking to make the jump from ps4 to pc. I have been lookin at the alienware alpha and was wondering if y'all thought it would run the game descent. Mainly want to try out seasons and maybe a 4x map. I don't need to run it on high settings just at least as good as my ps4. Thanks for your help.
I have an Alpha, and I've played this on the Alpha. Farming Simulator works fine on that machine, but if you're going to get an Alpha, I strongly suggest getting the i5 or i7 model and getting the biggest hard drive you can.

Personally, I upgraded my Alpha to an SSD for the boot drive, and I use an SSD for storage and games I don't play as often. FS17 and a couple other games go on the boot drive.

As to the Steam controller... chuck it and get an XBox One controller. The Steam Controller works okay with some games that don't support game pads, but the XBox One controller is just a better controller.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

redglasses wrote:See I'm looking to buy a cheap PC, but I can't even afford a cheap one :frown: . One question, could I hook it up to my tv like my xbox one, this way I won't have to pay for a monitor, which I feel is where the expenses start to pile up, I need only low to medium graphics with 60 fps. But when people ask the budget I say as cheap as possible they give me a $750 machine?!?!? How is that cheap?

Also I would like to run my controller instead of a keyboard and mouse, and it seems Guil got something for super cheap that runs the game nicely. Really the only reason for me getting a PC is to make some slight modifications to in game equipment, and to play the game with 60fps and more mods
$750 is cheap for a gaming PC. The parts in mine have cost me well over $2000, and that's before you take the monitors, audio system, and speakers into account. With the computer, monitors, audio system, and speaker system, I have around $4k sitting on this desk.

My laptop was about as cheap as I'd want to go for gaming, and it even cost around $1100.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

TomXP411 wrote:$750 is cheap for a gaming PC. The parts in mine have cost me well over $2000, and that's before you take the monitors, audio system, and speakers into account. With the computer, monitors, audio system, and speaker system, I have around $4k sitting on this desk.

My laptop was about as cheap as I'd want to go for gaming, and it even cost around $1100.
$750 is NOT cheap for a gaming PC. For something like Farming Simulator, you don't have to pay a lot of money for a PC that will run it well. I paid $500 for my Dell Inspiron 3650. Runs the game on high with around 70 mods installed. Get some cheap Amazonbasics Speakers, they work well for $15. And if your tv can handle it, plug it up to the tv and you don't have to worry about a monitor
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

I played on a Lenovo Ideapad 510 before I bought my gaming PC. It had i5 and a geforce 940, and it played fs17 good. I payed $500 for it. I think fs17 was the only game i'd play on it, but it worked.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Tell ya what guys.... this was totally worth the investment. Cruising around rattlesnake valley in a 2017 Ford f450 pulling a gooseneck with a John Deere on it. Just cause I can. Amazing how much better this game is. All hail the pc master race.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

masterplan wrote:
RODHA wrote: It is because you love living and know how to live a full life :hi: And some of us just find the happiness away from people in some sort of virtual environment. It is just life I guess :neutralnew:
I understand that. But I always consider expenses vs. added value. If you had neither console nor PC and wanted to play pretty much only FS, then I'd understand getting a PC, especially if it would be case like mine - just buying a graphics card into your PC. But when you already have a PS4, why spending a lot of money for a PC for just one game, especially the one you already have on your console?
I was a PC player many years back, now I just enjoy the comfort of console. Playing on my big screen TV from the comfort of my bed. B-) And IDGAFF (the 2nd to last F means flying) about FPS, terraflops, I don't bother with DirectX version etc. :-)
How people spend their money is really none of your business. Many people can afford both holidays and a computer.
Guil

Post by Guil »

manosaurus wrote:Tell ya what guys.... this was totally worth the investment. Cruising around rattlesnake valley in a 2017 Ford f450 pulling a gooseneck with a John Deere on it. Just cause I can. Amazing how much better this game is. All hail the pc master race.
Still want the thread closed?
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

theSeb wrote:
masterplan wrote:
RODHA wrote: It is because you love living and know how to live a full life :hi: And some of us just find the happiness away from people in some sort of virtual environment. It is just life I guess :neutralnew:
I understand that. But I always consider expenses vs. added value. If you had neither console nor PC and wanted to play pretty much only FS, then I'd understand getting a PC, especially if it would be case like mine - just buying a graphics card into your PC. But when you already have a PS4, why spending a lot of money for a PC for just one game, especially the one you already have on your console?
I was a PC player many years back, now I just enjoy the comfort of console. Playing on my big screen TV from the comfort of my bed. B-) And IDGAFF (the 2nd to last F means flying) about FPS, terraflops, I don't bother with DirectX version etc. :-)
How people spend their money is really none of your business. Many people can afford both holidays and a computer.
And my opinion is my opinion and I'm entitled to it and it's none of your business. :-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2: