how many people know what FPS means in a MMO Game!

ace54858

how many people know what FPS means in a MMO Game!

Post by ace54858 »

ok question i watch someone that streams FS17 that plays on a pc and keep's whining/complaining about FPS dropping and this person plays Multiplayer with a normal group so ? is how many here know what FPS drop mean's?

i already know the answer but this person clearly doesn't have a clue haha and i have even emailed the person and explained in detail about it and still things other wise lol
cooper_m22

Re: how many people know what FPS means in a MMO Game!

Post by cooper_m22 »

If you were playing a game like farm simulator you would be referring to (frames per second) but if you were playing a game say like Call of Duty you would be referring to (first person shooter)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

When your FPS drops, the game will get laggy and possibly crash, my laptop did that with a simulator game i use to play i got like 10-20 FPS, but i upgraded to my dads computer, it jumped up to 100+ FPS, but again if you had a vehicle or whatever that was super detailed, it would cause big time lag. But the higher the FPS is in numbers, the smoother the game will play, i had that exact question, but a friend explained it to me.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

FPS matters in the games with quick changing of scenes...that isnt the case with farming simulator lol.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

cooper_m22 wrote:If you were playing a game like farm simulator you would be referring to (frames per second) but if you were playing a game say like Call of Duty you would be referring to (first person shooter)
yep this person that i watch that streams fs17 seems to think fps has to do with internet being i have been playing world of warcraft from about a year after it came out even i know that fps stands for when it comes to a mmo game and that it has to do with pc hardware. now ms is a different story that has to do with internet it just make's me lol when the person complains about it after the net cut out and has to switch to using the neighbors internet saying that it drops the fps lol i even emailed and explained it and even copyed and pasted info explaining it as well and so called been streaming for 5 years now and doesn't know what it means lol it's fun watching them tho as they can be funny like when playing and one of them did something that took over control of the persons tractor and had no clue what was going on when it started going nuts and foing things on it's own lol
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

ace54858 wrote:ok question i watch someone that streams FS17 that plays on a pc and keep's whining/complaining about FPS dropping and this person plays Multiplayer with a normal group so ? is how many here know what FPS drop mean's?

i already know the answer but this person clearly doesn't have a clue haha and i have even emailed the person and explained in detail about it and still things other wise lol
That's got to be just about the most obnoxious thing I can think of to do to someone. Nobody wants a big, long explanation about how they are wrong.

Regardless of whether they are technically correct, slowing your Internet connection does introduce certain lag effects into the game: it makes it hard to steer vehicles (especially with the keyboard) and makes using things like loaders really weird (the bucket lags behind the arm, so it looks like it's floating in space.)

Aside from that, the idea that you'd create this big long email to tell someone how wrong they are... if it was me, I'd not only delete the email but spam-bin you so I never got another email like that.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

What TomXP said... that's just rude. No one wants that. Its rude and annoying.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Smith Modding wrote:What TomXP said... that's just rude. No one wants that. Its rude and annoying.
so if explaining something to someone who may or may not know that FPS/Frame Rate means and has nothing to do with internet is being rude then what do you call what your doing. i was being helpful not rude to the person so where i live someone explaining something to someone is them being helpful.
W1der

Post by W1der »

1992Tadej1992 wrote:FPS matters in the games with quick changing of scenes...that isnt the case with farming simulator lol.
Please explain ... I do not understand why frame drops would not be an issue when playing Farming Simulator ... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

ace54858 wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:What TomXP said... that's just rude. No one wants that. Its rude and annoying.
so if explaining something to someone who may or may not know that FPS/Frame Rate means and has nothing to do with internet is being rude then what do you call what your doing. i was being helpful not rude to the person so where i live someone explaining something to someone is them being helpful.
I have not read what you wrote ... so there is no way for me to be able to say if it is "rude" or not ...
However ... there is obviously a lot of people on this planet that is fine with being "wrong" ... for your own sake, do not make it your "life mission" to correct them all ... :gamer:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

ace54858 wrote:
I mean, you said you sent a very long and drawn out explanation to someone just to prove him wrong. Here's how you could have done it:
FPS Stands for frames per second and is based on how powerful your computer is. On multiplayer, frame drops are sometimes caused by bad internet or a slower computer.

See? That's two sentences. You don't even have to send anything in the first place
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

W1der wrote:
1992Tadej1992 wrote:FPS matters in the games with quick changing of scenes...that isnt the case with farming simulator lol.
Please explain ... I do not understand why frame drops would not be an issue when playing Farming Simulator ... :hmm:
i never said it wasn't issue i only said that it didn't have to do with the internet and that it had to do with pc as the person thought. i only explained the difference between FPS/Frame Rate and MS as not everyone happens to know.