Rattling Sound

OrcaAmity

Rattling Sound

Post by OrcaAmity »

What's that rattling sound in the combine harvesters that I hear every five minutes? It sounds like a rattlesnake.
eric21

Re: Rattling Sound

Post by eric21 »

Turned on? Which harvester?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

That sounds seems to happen in every vehicle except the truck (pickup). I have no idea what that sound is. I do know what you are talking about. A GIANTS official may know this what this odd sound is. Kinda wondered this as well.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
ketatrypt

Post by ketatrypt »

If your talking about what I think you are, I believe its part of the air system. there is a blowoff, then there is the actual pump sound, which is what I think your talking about. Usually it will blow off first, then the pump will activate for a bit, and then stop when the air tank is full again, and the cycle will restart.

The pump might also activate if you use your brakes a lot, depending on the tractor. (some have air brakes, others just seem to have an auxilary air systems for tools/implements, and have normal hydrolic brakes.)

The pump sound is kinda loud imho. if in IRL my pump was that loud, I would be worried.

But all in all, I was really amazed when I saw how detailed the air system was modeled. There is an actual tank that fills full of air, brakes on applicable tractors use air, and the proper sounds activate when needed. I am not sure if there are any tools/implements that use air, but I don't see why they couldn't. Only issue that I would see is making sure the tractor had a powerful enough air pump on it to keep the system pressurized with an implement using air.
Eric_D_01

Post by Eric_D_01 »

It's the PTO (Power Take Off), it shouldn't make that sound whenever is feels like it though. Just when a PTO device is activated/used.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Its one of the "regulator" sounds found in:
FarmingSimulator2017/data/sounds/technicalAccessories