Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

AGRICULTURALENGINEER

Re: Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

Post by AGRICULTURALENGINEER »

W1der wrote:
AGRICULTURALENGINEER wrote:
Meckel34 wrote:Write to Logitech or call them. It´s an USB-Cable inside the wheel, wich has broken. I had this already, too.
The wheel will mostly changed by Logitech and you become a new one...

(Sorry for my bad english :blushnew: )
Will they replace it even if it was preordered upon release (basically because of its age) ??
Saitek offered a two year warranty on the product ...
Next issue is they will want proof of purchase. That i can not find a receipt though.
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

Did anyone manage to get to the bottom of this issue? Sons just had our third wheel delivered..............
W1der

Post by W1der »

It´s obviously a design flaw and they are fully aware of it by know.
It seems as if they tried to redesign it as the wiring has changed on later models but the problem remains.

Nothing you can do on your side to prevent this until they fix the design ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

THIRD one gone this morning!! One very upset boy again 😞 hasn't even lasted a month!!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I feel you ...

It´s really a shame as this is one of few wheels that also comes with analogue sticks on it.
I only know about one other wheel that has this and it is really expensive!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

I've requested a full refund from supplier now, so we'll have to see how that works out. I can't have a child upset every few months over something he saved hard to buy. He just got fs19 for his birthday today and this happens.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I gave up with the wheel after having 2 fail within 4 months. I now use the sidepanel and a G29 wheel for 17 only at present until Giants get there act together regarding controllers on Mac.
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 pm I gave up with the wheel after having 2 fail within 4 months. I now use the sidepanel and a G29 wheel for 17 only at present until Giants get there act together regarding controllers on Mac.
Did you manage to get a refund?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Shollis wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 pm I gave up with the wheel after having 2 fail within 4 months. I now use the sidepanel and a G29 wheel for 17 only at present until Giants get there act together regarding controllers on Mac.
I never bothered trying as I bought them online and didn't want the hassle of returning them plus I wanted the second side panel and thought it would complicate matters only wanting too return part of the package. From what I have read they do seem pretty good on the warranty just not so much on the production.
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 pm
Shollis wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 pm
I never bothered trying as I bought them online and didn't want the hassle of returning them plus I wanted the second side panel and thought it would complicate matters only wanting too return part of the package. From what I have read they do seem pretty good on the warranty just not so much on the production.
I've got three of the full set up here, they've never bothered to collect anything just keep sending full set of replacements! 🙈
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

Hurrah we have confirmation of a refund! Boy is looking at G29 to buy once his money is back but I'm thinking I might surprise him with it after all this hassle. Its the G29 all right?
W1der

Post by W1der »

Players who use the G29 seems happy with it ...
It´s quite similar to the G920 that I use and I like it!

It seems a lot more durable at least ... ;)
MylesReay

Post by MylesReay »

Have had a look inside everywhere and have not found any loose or dodgy connections, it has not made the situation better but infect maybe a little more sensitive, this is my second wheel
Henrik9979

Post by Henrik9979 »

I found the problem. When you turn the wheel it twist the usb-cable which goes straight from your computer up to the wheel it self, causing the wires inside the cable to brake and make a short.

I just too mine apart, remove the isolation located where the wires had broke and soldered them back together. Now it works without problem.
Also I removed the zipties which hold the cables in place so when I turn the wheel, the cables can move freely and not make those nasty twists.

If you want to take it apart:
To take the stand apart, you need to remove 13 screws from the bottom. Three of them is located underneath the rubber.

To remove the wheel itself you must remove the button for the horn.
There is 3 clip you need to gently push towards the middle. They are located 12'o'clock, 4'o'clock and 8'o'clock.

There will be 3 screws, remove them and the wheel comes off.

The rest you can figure out yourself.
Ethiofarmer

Post by Ethiofarmer »

My wheel is working well actually, except one little thing which makes it difficult to play though.
I tried it also with ETS and there I faced the same problem.
Everytime I just slightly turn to the left, it turns my tractor's wheels to the maximum left. Than it flickers between straight and maximum left.
All other directions are working well. To the right in all angles and to the left (middle to maximum left). Just the position slight left is making trouble.
I cannot find loose cables or something like that.
Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind, wagen wir sie nicht, sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen, sind sie schwierig
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie gerne behalten :rolleyesnew: , oder mir mitteilen, damit ich sie korrigiere!