Slot question.

averydan

Slot question.

Post by averydan »

I read having the same tractor is a huge help. Is it ok to have different variations of that tractor or does it need to be the exact same setup to save the slots?
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
eric21

Re: Slot question.

Post by eric21 »

Exact same I think
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm not sure, but I don't think configurations matter. The slot count seems to be determined before you enter the options screen. That being said, I've not paid much attention to the slot count as I've not been anywhere close to the limit yet. My biggest farm is Lawfolds and the counter says I have something like 600 left.

The only duplicate equipment I have are my two combines.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
averydan

Post by averydan »

Where do I go to find my slot count? I just had downloaded some of the new mods the other night and purchased them. Suddenly the tire movement got glitchy and choppy. SO I skinnied my inventory by a lot and it seeemed to fix it.What few minutes I got to play, that is.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

averydan wrote:Where do I go to find my slot count? I just had downloaded some of the new mods the other night and purchased them. Suddenly the tire movement got glitchy and choppy. SO I skinnied my inventory by a lot and it seeemed to fix it.What few minutes I got to play, that is.

Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

If you have the same tractor it helps with the slot count however who wants all the same tractors.? I have 130 ish slots left that's with 10 plus tractors (yeah I know) and nearly everything you need for the map. That's with bee hives, greenhouses, lights and fences as well. Itbwas worried about the slot count but now they have doubled it I'm not really fussed.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
averydan

Post by averydan »

lefe1 wrote:
averydan wrote:Where do I go to find my slot count? I just had downloaded some of the new mods the other night and purchased them. Suddenly the tire movement got glitchy and choppy. SO I skinnied my inventory by a lot and it seeemed to fix it.What few minutes I got to play, that is.

Thank you!!
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Frantic Farmer wrote:If you have the same tractor it helps with the slot count however who wants all the same tractors.? I have 130 ish slots left that's with 10 plus tractors (yeah I know) and nearly everything you need for the map. That's with bee hives, greenhouses, lights and fences as well. Itbwas worried about the slot count but now they have doubled it I'm not really fussed.
It kinda depends on your game style I think.
I own more than half of Lawfolds and it is a big map.
It is just hard to drive all over the field with a couple of tractors.
So, locating machinery at different places helps a lot for game play.
Which mean more than 2 or 3 from everything.
And if you do that with all different machinery, those slots deplete pretty quickly.
Not for all the equipment yes but using the same machinery for some of them helps a lot to keep that slot count in check.
PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya don't some tractors take up 35 slots or something????
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Frantic Farmer wrote:If you have the same tractor it helps with the slot count however who wants all the same tractors.?
I do, I have 4 939's running around (although they are double in slotcount, as half is normal, otherhalf Black Beauty version), could do with 6 but then I have to sell the Puma and 824 as I don't want to have too many vehicle to switch around in. But I never sell tractors once owned:P
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:But I never sell tractors once owned:P
What is the highest engine hrs on one of your tractors then?
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

272 hours map time Westbridge Hill

Case IH 1455 XL = 90.8 minus 34.4 from map starting hours = 56.4
Case IH Puma 240 CVX = 73.4 minus 11.1 from map starting hours = 62.3
Krone Big X 1100 = 12.9
Fendt 828 Vairo = 40.7
JCB 435S = 17.8
Liebherr TL436-7 = 7.3
Fendt 939 Vario = 110.7
New Holland CR10.90 = 35.6 (started with rental combines though)
New Holland CR10.90 = 34.6 (started with rental combines though)
Fendt 939 Vario on duals = 60.1
Amazone Pantera 4502 = 11.7 (started with rental sprayer though)
Holmer Terra Variant 600 Eco = 3.6
Fendt 939 Vario Black Beauty = 26.4
Fendt 939 Vario Black Beauty on duals= 5.7

56.4+62.3+12.9+40.7+17.8+7.3+110.7+35.6+34.6+60.1+11.7+3.6+26.4+5.7=485,8 running hours

There, that's my lineup on Westbridge Hill

My 400+ hours on Chellington should look a bit different :)
There my Fendt 939 has 157.2 hrs and one combine 112.1
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I was not a buy it and keep guy. Always replaced everything with different machinery. Because it was more fun to play with all of them.
But I think I'm gonna change that behaviour and try keeping them as long as I have a use for them.

Your hrs are pretty high btw :shock:

But I'm surprised that you didn't sell the used machinery that comes with the map. It is just unnecessary expense I think. Their maintinence costs go up pretty quickly.
PS5 / FS22
Kyle22H

Post by Kyle22H »

I don't have slots, no option for them or any sign that it was even there to begin with. I remember seeing it before but it's not there now. I'm looking where your pic shows but I have nothing there... Do you have to own a certain amount of equipment before it shows up or was it removed from the game? I looked on Xbox one and PC.
Playing on Xbox One and PC (Not cool enough to play both at the same time though) Fendt everything
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Once you are below 650 it shows up in the shop menu. Not before that.
PS5 / FS22