The DLC proposal – Next steps

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

The DLC proposal – Next steps

Post by Lisertan »

Earlier this year, we’ve held our Mod Contest 2017. The winners of the mod contest got the chance to propose a commercial DLC and eight of them took the chance and created a proposal. We at GIANTS Software had a discussion about them and asked for your opinion as well (see the diagram below for details). This way, we picked three proposals and invited the creators to our Swiss office, where they had the chance to present their ideas and talk to our dev team about their proposals.

Mattxjs (Modern Classics Farming Pack) and Team FSI Modding (Grimme Pack) joined us in Switzerland, however Smety (Fendt Expansion) politely declined, leaving us with two possible DLC’s.

We’ve listened to both and now you can as well (You will find their presentation videos below). We decided that both ideas would be a great fit for our game. Therefore, we declare both of them as winners and we will create both DLC’s in collaboration with the modders.

We will keep you updated on the progress and let you know once we have something to share.

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Re: The DLC proposal – Next steps

Post by RODHA »

I was hoping to get the Krone Big M but these DLCs will also be great additions to the game I think *thumbsup*

And imo, Giants have done a great job for allowing both proposals to become a DLC :hi:
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Thanks again Giants. This all sounds awesome. can't wait for the dlc. Keep up the Great work. FS is the only game I play daily. And a really BIG Thank you to the modders.
googleplex2010

Post by googleplex2010 »

What about the Fendt expansion?
Pistolp14

Post by Pistolp14 »

Thanks Giants. Looking forward to both dlc's being released. Keep up the great work plus congratulations to both Matt and FSI Modding.
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

however Smety (Fendt Expansion) politely declined
googleplex2010 wrote:What about the Fendt expansion?
Isn't difficult read...
googleplex2010

Post by googleplex2010 »

Vanquish081 wrote: Isn't difficult read...
I did not read it right, bad english
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Question: What happens if an American modder were to win the next competition? Not saying I have a shot at winning, I know I don't, but there are tons of American or North American based modders. How would one do the presentations if they couldn't travel there? Would ya'll do a video conference or something, or could they not submit an idea at all?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I'm buyin the modern classics!! TW PACK!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

:frown:
googleplex2010 wrote:What about the Fendt expansion?
I find myself disillusioned as you thought to see fendt expansion win and it turns out that they declined they quit !! why ? We do not know and neither the content that was going to bring us really liked me more that dlc, but that the two that come I hope to know what is what they brought for us ,,,, not you ?? :hmm: :frown:
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
RogueWraith909

Post by RogueWraith909 »

Nice to see someone has thought about those of us who are crazy enough to try and play Farming Simulator as a small holding instead of a huge sprawling monster farm by choosing the Grimme pack, should make a nice change to actually be able to use the smaller tractors for something as at the moment there really isn't any point in having tractors like the Hurliman H88 on the farm as its so low power it can't really do enough to make it worth having.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I have the Hurliman on my no worker, do it on my own playing on hard map the old stream.
I use it for driving the weeder with small wheels into crops.
Was the cheapest 2nd tractor I could buy there :P
For the rest I have one main decent tractor :P
PS4 player
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I prefer the newer looking smaller tractors, I like having a smaller, lower hp tractor for fertilizing, weeding, baling, etc.. Plus they're more fun to transport, they look better being towed on a utility trailer hauled by a pickup :wink3:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Will these DLC be covered by the season pass or is it going to add to the mounting cost to the game? Also Giants is there a rough estimation of release as DLC/Official DLC has been sparse to say the least
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I don't think any DLC will be out of the seasons pass coverage. At least Giants so far made all 3 DLC's available for seasons pass.
PS5 / FS22