All my vehicles, tools and placeables have vanished between game sessions

ScrapyardGuitar

All my vehicles, tools and placeables have vanished between game sessions

Post by ScrapyardGuitar »

Obviously its a corrupted file, but following a periodic game save and quit all of my vehicles, tools and placeable objects have vanished from my game space; its like the bailiffs have been and taken everything. All fixed objects and crops are as they were, all my details look as before, same money etc. I am 350 odd hours in so am keen to recover if possible. This is my first post so please bear with me. Ask for any information that you need, if I come up with a solution in the mean time I will let you know. This must have happened to someone else in the past so I am hopeful of a fix.
log.txt
(30.8 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Thanks
Smith Modding

Re: All my vehicles, tools and placeables have vanished between game sessions

Post by Smith Modding »

Did you try and edit the vehicles.xml? Because there is a line that has an error there, probably a typo or something. Do you mind posting it here? It would be found here:
C:/Users/John/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/savegame1/vehicles.xml.
I can try and fix it for you, if you want. Or, at least tell you how to fix it
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ScrapyardGuitar

Smith Modding wrote:Did you try and edit the vehicles.xml? Because there is a line that has an error there, probably a typo or something. Do you mind posting it here? It would be found here:
C:/Users/John/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/savegame1/vehicles.xml.
I can try and fix it for you, if you want. Or, at least tell you how to fix it
Thanks for responding, I have not done any editing to the xml files, but don't mind getting my hands dirty if need be. The requested file is attached below
vehicles.xml
(222.95 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
John
ScrapyardGuitar

Finally got one of the backed up savegames to work, it put me back about 9 hours (I play in real time) but I got everything back. Thanks for looking
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

Next you could just try to move the vehicle.xml file from the backup save to your current save, that will work okay unless you bought new ones in between saves. It will help so you don't lose time played that way doing the same thing twice.
Hotrod1

Post by Hotrod1 »

I'm having same issue. All vehicle's, all placables disappear. The fields are exactly how they were left. Even if plowing was only half done. All resources are gone. Default vehicles are gone. The only thing I can think of is I started using a mod manager and separate folders for maps? Or some how the save game file has been changed?
Trying to give as much info as i can...
FS Mod Manager- version 5.0.1.100
I have a feeling that it is not the mod manager that is the problem. This is the second mod manager I have tried. Im thinking something somewhere got changed?
Any help would be great.