Steering Wheel that works for Xbox One

HuntingWolf

Steering Wheel that works for Xbox One

Post by HuntingWolf »

Hi! Wondering if anyone has been successful in finding a 900degree steering wheel that works with xbox one for farming sim 17? :search:
don_apple

Re: Steering Wheel that works for Xbox One

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=896&t=104630
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Quick easy answer is Thrustmaster TX.

EDIT: If you are looking for a wheel just for FS, look at that Logitech Heavy duty FS wheel bundle thing. It is the price of a cheap wheel anyway and you get the side panel with stick. If you want a wheel ,for other games, I assume racing, the TX is your best, cheapest option available which is about twice the cost of the Logitech FS bundle.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nigelbilt wrote:Quick easy answer is Thrustmaster TX.

EDIT: If you are looking for a wheel just for FS, look at that Logitech Heavy duty FS wheel bundle thing. It is the price of a cheap wheel anyway and you get the side panel with stick. If you want a wheel ,for other games, I assume racing, the TX is your best, cheapest option available which is about twice the cost of the Logitech FS bundle.
That Logitech heavy duty bundle thing is the Farming Simulator Controller. And it's PC-only.

https://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/farm-simulation
Last edited by TomXP411 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Ya, FS stands for "Farming Simulator". Xbox one is getting keyboard support, in some cases like PCars 2, it already has it. The side panel is a button box, aka a keyboard.

Once that opens up input devices like wheels and button boxes will be mappable and "console compatibility" won't matter.

Hence it was added in an edit and used the term "look at".
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Oh wow, if FS17 on Xbox One gets support for the side panel, I might buy it then! That sounds awesome!
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Guil

Post by Guil »

No it doesn't ford. The poster said Xbox is getting keyboard support so it won't work yet and may not keyboard support gets added.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Oh. Okay.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Meatballs600

Post by Meatballs600 »

Nigelbilt wrote:Ya, FS stands for "Farming Simulator". Xbox one is getting keyboard support, in some cases like PCars 2, it already has it. The side panel is a button box, aka a keyboard.

Once that opens up input devices like wheels and button boxes will be mappable and "console compatibility" won't matter.

They need to add it to ps4 and Xbox one
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Meatballs600 wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:Ya, FS stands for "Farming Simulator". Xbox one is getting keyboard support, in some cases like PCars 2, it already has it. The side panel is a button box, aka a keyboard.

They need to add it to ps4 and Xbox one
It looks like both Sony and Microsoft have learnt that there is a big market for different input devices for consoles.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Don't get your hopes up. I have one of these, and the side panel is not a keyboard; it's a game controller. Yes, the XBox does let you plug in HID keyboards, but it has never worked with HID game controllers, and I don't see that ever happening. Microsoft charges a royalty for XBox compatible game controllers, and if people could just use generic USB controllers, Microsoft could not charge manufacturers that royalty.

Unless Microsoft and/or Sony change their business model, which is unlikely, this controller will not work on consoles. That's not to say Logitech can't release a console-compatible controller - but it would have to be different than the PC version, since both the wheel and side panel have some issues that make them incompatible with XBox control schemes.
Meatballs600

Post by Meatballs600 »

TomXP411 wrote:

Unless Microsoft and/or Sony change their business model, which is unlikely, this controller will not work on consoles. That's not to say Logitech can't release a console-compatible controller - but it would have to be different than the PC version, since both the wheel and side panel have some issues that make them incompatible with XBox control schemes.
Yeah they should just make a new one and tye6 could also make it in a bundle for fs17 like they did with fs15
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

TomXP411 wrote:

Don't get your hopes up. I have one of these, and the side panel is not a keyboard; it's a game controller. Yes, the XBox does let you plug in HID keyboards, but it has never worked with HID game controllers, and I don't see that ever happening. Microsoft charges a royalty for XBox compatible game controllers, and if people could just use generic USB controllers, Microsoft could not charge manufacturers that royalty.

I don't need to get my hopes up, I don't have to deal with the limitations of console. The side panel is in fact a button box, a button box is a keyboard. I build button boxes for sim racers. I have rebuilt my side panel. It is literally a button box. Once again button boxes can be used on Xbox right now if the game supports it because button boxes are the same input as keyboards.

Ps what are these issues? Wheels and button boxes literally work the same as a controller, key inputs and axis. The only reason there has been console compatiable peripherals is because of closed software not because of hardware. With Xbox heading in a unified environment with PC, there is absolutely no reason to believe that this won't happen. Only naivety and ignorance would make you think otherwise.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nigelbilt wrote: I don't need to get my hopes up, I don't have to deal with the limitations of console. The side panel is in fact a button box, a button box is a keyboard. I build button boxes for sim racers. I have rebuilt my side panel. It is literally a button box. Once again button boxes can be used on Xbox right now if the game supports it because button boxes are the same input as keyboards.
Again, no they are not. I have the Farm Sim controller. The Side Panel is recognized as an HID GAME CONTROLLER, not as a keyboard. The XBox One supports USB keyboards, but not HID game controllers. If I plug my side panel into my XBox, nothing happens. If I plug my Logitech joystick into the XBox, nothing happens.
Ps what are these issues? Wheels and button boxes literally work the same as a controller, key inputs and axis. The only reason there has been console compatiable peripherals is because of closed software not because of hardware. With Xbox heading in a unified environment with PC, there is absolutely no reason to believe that this won't happen.
Again, no they are not. Look at the Farm Sim controller. It does not have the same number of buttons as an XBox controller. There are no Start/Back buttons (or View Options and Menu on the X1), and there are no triggers on the wheel. The pedals could map to the triggers, but then there would be too many axes, since there are two thumb sticks on the wheel. As far as I know, there are no XBox racing wheels that have thumb sticks. And since the XInput SDK doesn't support a separate wheel and thumb stick X axis, the wheel would have to be redesigned to either leave out the left stick or to map the wheel's rotation and the left stick's X axis onto the same axis.

Oh, there's also a horn on the steering wheel. That, again, makes too many buttons for XInput. So the horn would have to be eliminated or mapped to another function.
Only naivety and ignorance would make you think otherwise.
Name calling doesn't make you right. It just makes you look stupid. I've done the research on this. I've written XBox games using the XNA SDK. I have done the research on how the licensing structure works.

Again, Microsoft charges fees for "Made for XBox" devices, and with the exception of USB keyboards, a device must meet the Made For XBox requirements to work with an XBox console. https://compass-ssl.xbox.com/assets/7d/ ... erview.pdf

Also, read up on the XInput SDK. You'll see that a 25 button joystick won't work.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Reading comprehension, it's a good thing. I did not say the side panel works with FS on Xbox right now. I did say keyboard support is a developer enabled ability right now. Keyboards work on some Xbox titles right now. Button boxes are being used on Xbox right now. A keyboard is not a controller. Keyboard support will be platform wide sooner rather than later. Microsoft wants to unify PC and Xbox. A button box is a keyboard. What don't you understand? What are you going on about?

PS the FS wheel/side panel are two separate input devices. One is literally a keyboard, the other is literally a wheel. Both literally can be used on Xbox right now if the developer enables the ability to do so. Both literally are be used (keyboard and wheel) in other titles. Pcars2 allows both. This isn't some futuristic tech here bud. This is basic hardware that exists on the platform, the only limitation is closed drivers, which once again, Microsoft is moving away from.