[KNOWN ISSUE] Uninstall Mod Problem. Needs to be fixed

Post by lefe1 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1:PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:Uninstall Mod Problem
- Issue:can't uninstall mods
- Single- or Multiplayer:
- Steps to reproduce:
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no

Hello. This is a big issue on PS4. We have mods that you cannot uninstall. I have 3 Mods I've been trying to uninstall since September, It's now Oct. 22. I don't use them and I want them uninstalled so I can free up so storage space for more mods, since consoles have a limit. and Because we are going to have some awesome maps coming soon and I want to make sure I will have room for them.. So if there is something that can be done I would really appreciate it. Thank You Giants.

Patrick73

Re: Uninstall Mod Problem. Needs to be fixed

Post by Patrick73 »

I had that problem on PS4 with one of the maps but it went away the next time a new map was released. I’ve uninstalled loads and now have 65% free,I got rid of a load of trailers....stuff I never used
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi lefe1!

Have you tried updating those mods first and then deleting them? Does that work?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
BigC92

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Uninstall Mod Problem. Needs to be fixed

Post by BigC92 »

I haven't had this issue before, thanks for the info. I just hit uninstall and it uninstalls it.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

x Lethian x wrote:Hi lefe1!

Have you tried updating those mods first and then deleting them? Does that work?
Yep I tried that 5 or more times and it doesn't work. I also unchecked the box on the maps I play. so none of them are selected when you start a game. So Yea I tried everything it has me baffled.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I have that problem with emerald Valley logging on xbox. I deleted the mod and it's still on my map select screen,I can even start up a game with it. But it tells me to install it and even reinstalled and deleted 3 separate times with no luck.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

^^^yep I still have the same 3 mods. still can't uninstall them^^^
timberbeastwaco

Post by timberbeastwaco »

No prob here.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

All of your mods are saved in your local cache. If you ever want to start with a fresh installation, just delete all of the local saved data.

Regrettably, we couldn't reproduce your error yet, but we're investigating.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

pfreek wrote:All of your mods are saved in your local cache. If you ever want to start with a fresh installation, just delete all of the local saved data.

Regrettably, we couldn't reproduce your error yet, but we're investigating.
Im still stuck with mod i cant delete (Biobletz log trailer 750 ) ive updated it numerous times with no luck. Im on ps4 and have reistalled the game twice and have gotten random mods unable to uninstall each time. Its taking valuable space away from my limit.I dont think there is a way to clear your local cache with out completely reinstalling the game.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

(UPDATE) after about 15 to 20 tries of updating and uninstalling the trailer finally is gone :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

pfreek wrote:Regrettably, we couldn't reproduce your error yet, but we're investigating.
Please excuse me for this but I can't understand this explanation.
As you might remember, I've an on going thread about the exact same issue and all I ever got is this explanation.
The thing is, if it happens on our consoles it should be happening on yours too.
May be not with the same mods but if you try installing all available mods or at least enough to fill up your 4GB mod space, I bet you will encounter the same thing on at least a couple of mods.
Machinery is not a big deal. But when this happens with a map or 2 that becomes a serious problem.
I still can't uninstall who dat who der ranch.
It should be fixed. Leaving it as it is couldn't be an option imho.
I hope you would find sufficient time to spend on this "serious" issue :hi:
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hey RHODA

We have in fact never experienced issues with uninstalling mods while testing. We do this every day ;) We also do take some time off to just test installing/deinstalling, updating and trying to reproduce this issue - both at work and privately at home on our private PS4s. We belive you in that there is an issue, we could just not reproduce it it yet on our side - you have to trust in us as well here. Once we find out what may be causing this and gain some leads, we can try to discover the problem-causer.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the explanation x Lethian x :hi:
I didn't want to mean that you don't look into this and come up with the same excuse. All I wanted to say is that may be you couldn't find sufficient time to solve this considering all that is going on lately on Giants side. You are working on a lot of different projects constantly. I just wanted to emphasize the severity of the situation.
What you have said in your post though, made me to think if that would be an issue of region. May be being in EU makes a difference on your side that prevents you replicating the issue. I know that is just a huge wild guess but I'm out of options here about the possible cause of the issue.
I'll be waiting for the good news :hi:
PS5 / FS22
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

I happens to me, I'm in the central U.S..
PS4 Farmer