The west coast

Patrick73

Re: The west coast

Post by Patrick73 »

Hey Bullet Bill maybe you can add a few rozzers in an update....some of those car drivers look like they’ve been sampling some local hospitality!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Is anyone here starting off with Mountain View farm at the top right had corner? I've just taken a drive up there for the first time. Its actually much bigger than I thought. Says a lot about the sheer scale of this map that that farm at its surrounding fields feels like its almost about the size of the Drumard map . I'm seriously thinking about ditching my current game and starting up there and working my way down the valley. I've always liked the idea in FS of having to start with a little farm with the smallest equipment and working my way up to owning a huge farm with much bigger gear. This map looks like it was made for doing that.

I think I'm right in saying if I wanted to make Mountain View a mostly arable farm I'd need to put in the grain storage silo mod. Shouldn't be a problem though.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I spent 3 hours this evening collecting 54 gold nuggets. Started at the southern end of the footpath and walked that...... now covering all the map on foot to collect the rest..... should have a good idea by the time I’ve finished of what is where...... thank you Frontier!!
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

I was walking around light house at night time. And it was all dark. No light. I am on PS4. Is that a bug or light house shoots light at specific time ?
I really like traffic with different speed. Such a little thing almost game changer for me. Thanks BB.
I like Sosnovka map but traffic going 18 miles/hour is a joke. Russian villagers are driving fast in real life. But on Sosnovka I can pass everybody. Even when driving Kirovets.LOL.
Also like that dark night. It's fun to drive at nights now.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Jlf85 wrote:
BulletBill83 wrote:You have straw and bale sell points which are on your PDA map, also any of the ring feeders you can sell bales in as well.

I've also heard Ground Response mod causes vehicles to stutter.
Bill, would you have to unload bales one at a time at the feeders, rather than dumping a trailer? (I haven't looked at the feeders closely).

The grass bale issue is bizarre.. I'll try restarting the game
If your unloading a whole trailer of bales then the main straw sell points are best. But if you have an odd bale left over the feeder sell points are ideal for that.
Lostfarmer6474 wrote:I was walking around light house at night time. And it was all dark. No light. I am on PS4. Is that a bug or light house shoots light at specific time ?
I really like traffic with different speed. Such a little thing almost game changer for me. Thanks BB.
I like Sosnovka map but traffic going 18 miles/hour is a joke. Russian villagers are driving fast in real life. But on Sosnovka I can pass everybody. Even when driving Kirovets.LOL.
Also like that dark night. It's fun to drive at nights now.
The lighthouse light doesn't work on console unfortunately. Which I was gutted about. That's my favourite part of the video trailer on youtube.
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Patrick73 wrote:Anybody found a good location for the root crop sell point? Needs to be flat
There is an R on map for root crop storage and there is enough room for the building there
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill83 wrote:You can tip trailers of silage at the BGA. I fixed this for the console version. The PC version will be update at a later point.
Silage bales should work if you place them on top of the grate as I moved the bale trigger above the digestate.

Just checked and found that the COL for the BGA ramp is not in line with the ramp model itself hence why your vehicle is floating.

Will fix that an update the map soon.
I have tried selling a silage bale at the BGA after you said you’ve set the trigger above the digester.
However, I think because of the high positioned COL at the BGA ramp, bale doesn’t hit the trigger before it hits the invisible ground.
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Tazman1983 wrote:
Patrick73 wrote:Anybody found a good location for the root crop sell point? Needs to be flat
There is an R on map for root crop storage and there is enough room for the building there
Many thanx will give it a try
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I love the fact that the farms have sell points on them. This is something I've wanted to see on a map for a long time and I've often wondered why other maps don't have this feature (on console anyway) With a map this big its nice to sometimes not have to drive the full length of it to sell a wagon load of grain.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I may add a post for ideas for updates on the West Coast . It also may give BB ideas on things that people like in his next map
This map is like a dream come true . All the thanks to BB and Frontier .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Mobias wrote:Is anyone here starting off with Mountain View farm at the top right had corner? I've just taken a drive up there for the first time. Its actually much bigger than I thought. Says a lot about the sheer scale of this map that that farm at its surrounding fields feels like its almost about the size of the Drumard map . I'm seriously thinking about ditching my current game and starting up there and working my way down the valley. I've always liked the idea in FS of having to start with a little farm with the smallest equipment and working my way up to owning a huge farm with much bigger gear. This map looks like it was made for doing that.

I think I'm right in saying if I wanted to make Mountain View a mostly arable farm I'd need to put in the grain storage silo mod. Shouldn't be a problem though.
Just finished collecting nuggets, so off to set up at mountain view farm. Although I intend to go grass there in a big way. Just wish i had a big m!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Um, is it a new thing being able to pick up and throw the road signs??
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Mobias wrote:Is anyone here starting off with Mountain View farm at the top right had corner? I've just taken a drive up there for the first time. Its actually much bigger than I thought. Says a lot about the sheer scale of this map that that farm at its surrounding fields feels like its almost about the size of the Drumard map . I'm seriously thinking about ditching my current game and starting up there and working my way down the valley. I've always liked the idea in FS of having to start with a little farm with the smallest equipment and working my way up to owning a huge farm with much bigger gear. This map looks like it was made for doing that.

Yup. Starting a cow operation out
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Bungle wrote:Um, is it a new thing being able to pick up and throw the road signs??
On a B.B. map possibly, signs had no collisions on CPF for sure but I’ve been having to remove ‘fallen’ road signs from my fields on GCV for ages lol.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

SimulatedSphere wrote: This map is like a dream come true . All the thanks to BB and Frontier .
The more I play it and the more I get to know it the more blown away by it I am. Whenever a new good mod map comes out I'm always surprised at just how much like a new game a good map makes it seem. With the West Coast if someone had told me I was now playing FS-19 I probably would have believed them.

I suppose on console its quite a different story to the PC. It looks like there's so many amazing (and big) mod maps for the PC but on console we get very little. This is the first decent mod map in ages and boy am I grateful for it. Definitely another big thank you to BB and the rest of the team behind this map.