Ford tw pack by mattxjs

Maxxum 135

Re: Ford tw pack by mattxjs

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Looking at my sons car racing games it seems that Ford are obviously receptive to licensing out their brand to Game developers.
The trouble is for Giants is that Ford, themselves, no longer build tractors. Would be an expensive business obtaining a license just for a couple of classic tractors. I know that the pick ups would be a useful addition but would even those still justify the cost.
i can imagine that Fords license fees would be pretty hefty.
Never say never though.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

novass wrote:I hope we on consoles could get Ford tractors...Chris
Unfortunately to licencing no
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

From what I can gather by speaking to my dad and the local New Holland dealer who is a real old timer, Ford tractors were very popular, Ford bought New Holland as a company in '86, then sold it to Fiat in '91, which then meant that fiat had a full line up including tractors, combines, foragers and baling gear, for some unkown reason Fiat stopped making there own tractors and built New Hollands under license or something which is why you see early New Hollands in that Fiat brown colour, or even a branded FiatNewHolland, which would explain seeing some strange half breed and mongrel tractors growing up on the farm, I remember fords, then new hollands (brown ones because of the recent fiat merger at the time) then a NH 8340 which felt like we were going back to fords again due to it being the same machine, even had a Ford genesis 6-cyl turbo, not an FPT unit. then in the mid 90's it changed to New Holland completely which meant we had 2 TM190'S, 8340 SLE. and my dads trusty TW35. my dad completely lost faith in 2004 due to a horrendous reliability issue with the NH tracors we had so we switched to fendt, now we have a 824 favorit, 720 vario, 516 and 828 vario.

after that very long winded history lesson which I apologise for if it was boring, basically what I was trying to say was that since New Holland still owns the patents and designs and even copyrights for Ford machines I think. Giants would subsequently have to approach NH for a potential ford license, since Giants and New Holland seem to have a good relationship showing to near perfect models of NH gear in the past two games, mind my thinking is that NH would want to continue having there latest machines firmly in the spotlight to promote the company so its probably doubtful it would happen,
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Newholland T8 wrote:my dad completely lost faith in 2004 due to a horrendous reliability issue with the NH tracors we had so we switched to fendt, now we have a 824 favorit, 720 vario, 516 and 828 vario.
Smart man that dad of yours *thumbsup*
PS4 player
novass

Post by novass »

So true..but sure would love to have licensed Ford in game..time will tell......Chris
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I PMed Lisertan and he said there were currently no plans to get the license
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ohhh thats too bad, I guess I'll stick with nh
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Although, we could probably have that NH version of the 6610 ClassicTractors was making
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

I'm hoping for the MY TS115 by ARM, that's would be a cracking little yard tractor for towing my headers around and animal work.
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

Yall are going to get the Word "Ford" banned from here like "John Deere" has been.
PC/Xbox1
eric21

Post by eric21 »

John deere
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

SilverRedman63 wrote:Yall are going to get the Word "Ford" banned from here like "John Deere" has been.
LOL they'll have to ban me first! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Newholland T8 wrote:I'm hoping for the MY TS115 by ARM, that's would be a cracking little yard tractor for towing my headers around and animal work.
IKR that thing looks awesome
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

FordFarmer97 wrote:
SilverRedman63 wrote:Yall are going to get the Word "Ford" banned from here like "John Deere" has been.
LOL they'll have to ban me first! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Decisions, decisions, decisions :coolnew: :coolnew:
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ :lol: :lol:
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.