enhanced graphics?

snhufro226

enhanced graphics?

Post by snhufro226 »

I just started my farming simulator 17 on PS4 but those graphics in the intro video? how did they get those animations to look so amazing, because the actual game does not look as great the graphics in the intro video the grass and ground is very detailed unlike the actual gameplay I believe this should be a goal because it would make the game look and feel more realistic. Do anybody else notice the difference between the intro video and the actual gameplay graphics?
Loerwyn

Re: enhanced graphics?

Post by Loerwyn »

snhufro226 wrote:I just started my farming simulator 17 on PS4 but those graphics in the intro video? how did they get those animations to look so amazing, because the actual game does not look as great the graphics in the intro video the grass and ground is very detailed unlike the actual gameplay I believe this should be a goal because it would make the game look and feel more realistic. Do anybody else notice the difference between the intro video and the actual gameplay graphics?
Most games have intro videos that are of much higher quality than the game itself, so FS17 isn't anything new. That video would have been rendered in completely different software and possibly even by another company (if anyone remembers the excellent video for Mass Effect 2 all those years ago, that was by a company BioWare hired). It's meant to be more representative of the game's content and experiences than the game itself.
FS17 Newbie.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Somebody told me it was a computer generated animation
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

If I remember correctly (might get it wrong), I think the video was created by a British company that creates ads for agriculture companies. I suspect it wasn't rendered in real time since that isn't required for creating videos. Its a trade-off. You can't have both intense photorealism and responsive game play (not yet at least).
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Check out some gameplay from FS13 or older (PC to negate the latest console generation factor) to see how far it’s come relatively quickly. Doesn’t bug me that a game intro doesn’t match the in-game graphics, it’s to be expected. What does bug me is when you see tv ads for games and almost always the small print at the bottom says ‘not gameplay footage’. Kudos to the Gran Turismo team whose recent ad was all actual in game graphics.
snhufro226

Post by snhufro226 »

FordFarmer97 wrote:Somebody told me it was a computer generated animation
i have heard this to its called CGI they have used this in many new movies like transformers..
snhufro226

Post by snhufro226 »

the game looks amazing and it dose not bother me that the intro looks better, but are the developers trying to get games to run at a steady frame rate with those really high quality detailed graphics that are in most intro videos?