Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lca1443

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by lca1443 »

FYI palm trees are very easy to harvest for wood chips.....also they produce a ton. Like 21,000L a tree.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Farmer216 wrote:The house is cool looking, but not something a farmer would own.
The open-air harvester and MF4709 look cool, but are low HP.

So far I'm enjoying the map.
My sugarcane is almost ready for first harvest.
Also, the harvester has a painfully small hopper. I'm probably going to trade it in for the MF old timer.
PC & PS4
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

The old timer MF looks very similar. Body-wise.

The MF has a bigger header, bigger hopper, more HP AND costs less!
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Ok...how about misplaced effort... an entire house modeled right down to the tableware that adds nothing to gameplay... new traffic vehicles like buses and jeeps and SUV's...all of which would have been way more usefull than a bloody convertible, new sparse vegetation.. one or two homes on the map... none of which would be more accurately depicted by the sheds at the transport company...just my two cents...but the effort does not come close to some of the modded maps for detail...
Agreed, as a chargeable DLC it's still lacking a bit of edge that modder maps give with the levels of useful detail
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Here are some pictures from my first sugarcane harvest.

First growth stage is shown as harvested in the map and that is confirmed by Giants as it had to be that way.

Second growth stage

Third growth stage

Fourth growth stage

Ready to harvest

There is a tractor, a sugarcane harvester and a sugarcane trailer in there :biggrin2:

Case accepts only articulated trailers and we don't have much of them. The trailed harvester on the other hand works fine with the cane trailers

An effective setup

And the unload
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Ok...how about misplaced effort... an entire house modeled right down to the tableware that adds nothing to gameplay... new traffic vehicles like buses and jeeps and SUV's...all of which would have been way more usefull than a bloody convertible, new sparse vegetation.. one or two homes on the map... none of which would be more accurately depicted by the sheds at the transport company...just my two cents...but the effort does not come close to some of the modded maps for detail...
+1 *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

I read a lot of negative feedback in this thread regarding the new map, i really like it though regardless of the useless airplane :mrgreen:
I like the new grass textures and the new brown field textures are very nice aswell.

Having said that there are some issues with the new map aswell.
- The path that goes up the hill next to the sheep doesn't lead anywhere and i got seriously stuck have way up the hill with a load of cane :lol:
- I don't seem to be able to sell straw anywhere on this map according to the information screen.
- No nuggets ? seriously now giants ... no nuggets ? :confusednew: *thumbsdown*
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

UmbraMalum wrote:- No nuggets ? seriously now giants ... no nuggets ? :confusednew: *thumbsdown*
Come one, this is farming, not klondike! :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

True, very true in fact but when i start a game on maximum difficulty i like the extra little bonus this gives me to get started :biggrin2:
With Eldorado being in South America (according to the myth) some nuggets are not to much to ask is it ?
novass

Post by novass »

I enjoy it.there is some not so useful parts as has been described all ready.I liked the house open.I haven't done much yet..but looking forward to working the farm..but like it..take care all..Chris
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

UmbraMalum wrote:I read a lot of negative feedback in this thread regarding the new map, i really like it though regardless of the useless airplane :mrgreen:
I like the new grass textures and the new brown field textures are very nice aswell.

Having said that there are some issues with the new map aswell.
- The path that goes up the hill next to the sheep doesn't lead anywhere and i got seriously stuck have way up the hill with a load of cane :lol:
- I don't seem to be able to sell straw anywhere on this map according to the information screen.
- No nuggets ? seriously now giants ... no nuggets ? :confusednew: *thumbsdown*
Straw sell point next to animal market
empato

Post by empato »

UmbraMalum wrote:True, very true in fact but when i start a game on maximum difficulty i like the extra little bonus this gives me to get started :biggrin2:
With Eldorado being in South America (according to the myth) some nuggets are not to much to ask is it ?
Why don`t you start on easier difficulty, if earning money on hard takes too long for you. Nuggets is the same than cheating money. makes no sense to cheat money, but then play on hard. Play on easy, sell 2-3x your crops and you have enough money for everything.
I always play on hard and with seasons, but I never needed to collect the nuggets.
Of course it takes some time, but that`s the fun of the game. Don`t want to be able to buy everything from the beginning. What´s the motivation behind it??
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I wonder looking at the estate what the previous owner ( or yourself if you were always the owner ) had growing before sugarcanes....it looks like the estate of a druglord to me. The useless seemingly abandoned plane that is there only strengthens that feeling, must have fallen in disuse due to better radar and air control preventing drugs smuggling. :mrgreen:

I do like it the estate is now accessible. You have not much reason to be there since stuff isn't really interactive but it is a nice touch I guess.

I am a bit disappointed because I had the impression more vehicles and machines would be included ( though the advertised image of the new stuff was/is correct ) and this map has less functionality then older maps unless I haven't found some things yet. I wanted to sell excess straw and could not find a sale point where in other maps that was always near or on your farm. And I am very disappointed about the rail track system as it is only a very primitive loop. I had hoped there would be switches branching off to sales or loading points as it is IRL. Ever seen a rail track passing a harbor btw ? :hmm:

But...I enjoy it aswell, it is not all disappointment. It just could have been so much better.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
markare

Post by markare »

Beastofwar wrote:. Ever seen a rail track passing a harbor btw ? :hmm:
Quite regularly here in Scotland. Parts of the mainline still pass by the old harbour sidings that got used many decades ago. Some harbours still use rail as a way to transport goods aswell.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Quite a few harbours have thier own tracks here in the UK