Nigelbilt

Re: Sugar Cane - What you should know

Post by Nigelbilt »

It doesn’t regrow at fert stage 1?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

RODHA wrote:
Rahkiin wrote:I tried it a bit and the sugarcane worked did quite well actually, didnt miss a spot.
Probably not on all fields but I got the problem on F14 of the Estancia Lapacho at the south east corner of the field.
Worker just decided to turn around before the end and I've literally lost them in the sugarcane ocean.

There is a tractor, a sugarcane harvester and a sugarcane trailer in there :biggrin2:

That was with the trailed harvester though :hmm:
Still, it is sad that I can't drive the Case on my own.
Tbh, I can dirve it by using one of the 3 trailers that fits at the back of Case but they are hard to turn and low on capacity.
Not effective for sugarcane harvest.
It would have been much better if Giants also gave us some properly working trailers for the Case.
LOL, thats great, now I cant wait to do sugar cane :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I've just been pulling 2 MF wagons beside the harvester with a T7
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

NateS wrote:Seeds:
The cheapest way is to buy sugar cane pallets from the pallet category. They sell at $340 per 2000L. So at $170/1000L, this is even cheaper than using cane from a previous harvest.
Well that sounds totally stupid and unrealistic to me ... as if that is the case you may as well just buy the pallets of sugar cane and sell that instead of faffing about growing it.

Using your own harvested crop as seeds SHOULD (realistically) work out cheaper than buying pallets.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

In South Louisiana they rarely ever had to replant, and when the time was right they came through with a cultivator that broke the soil up and reshaped the row while injecting ammonia and other fertilizers into the soil. Next thing you know cane starts growing back. To me the trick is plant it once, and harvest three times before plowing, cultivating, and re seeding. That way you have two harvest without the cost of re seeding, and if you use slurry from silage and livestock you save a bunch on fertilizer too.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Actually you can pull trailers with the cane harvester. Original game Agroliner ( not mods ) that now take sugar canes as well.

These trailers are one of the very few that can be pulled though. I will have to uncouple them when full and pull them to the delivery point by tractor or truck. I suppose for continuous operation i'll have 2 other empty Agroliners waiting to couple when on delivery run with the full ones.

They are a pain to reverse though...never learned to to that IRL neither.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Why do you plull 2 trailers back to back?
PS5 / FS22
Mydamnwell

Post by Mydamnwell »

Crazy idea, but has anyone tried buying pallets, loading them up, and selling them at a sell point? I wonder if you could make some money just transporting the pallets...
Console pleb [PS4]
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^ either so he can fill one right after the other one is full, or so that he can just drop the first trailer off at the edge of the field when full and then continuing with the empty trailer. Also thanks to the OP for posting this, haven't gotten to play since Tuesday and probably won't today, but this will come in handy *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Yes it can pull that trailer but what happens when you have a worker and they get to the end of the field? It makes the turn, then gets stuck. Saying 'helper blocked by object.' Anyone know of a trailer that DOESN'T happen to?
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Any of the high tip that arent semi. I've let a worker harvest the whoke of f14. Just need to tip it into your trailer everytime its full
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Ntw1986 wrote:Any of the high tip that arent semi. I've let a worker harvest the whoke of f14. Just need to tip it into your trailer everytime its full
Which one did you specifically use? Sorry I'm being a pain just trying to figure out which one I can get to work. I had tried the Fliegl Bull from modhub and the ingame 21k Agroliner and those were able to attach just the worker stopped at the start of a new row.

Also tried the AR high hitch trailer. It connected but also got stuck at the turn.
mrmayhem17

Post by mrmayhem17 »

Why don't use Follow Me mod to set a left/right offset and harvest with a tractor pulling a caged-like auger from the DLC? Or like it's been said: drive the tractor yourself and hire a worker for the harvester. That's how it's done IRL.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

With Courseplay it is able to make the turn with the 2 trailers. The in game helper is too dumb though, he makes a tank track turn on the spot locking itself in the trailer without being able to move on.

Don't mind the tracks of previous attempts without Courseplay or that the last trailer is already filled while it does the filling the other way around, i had to experiment to see what worked in automation besides doing everything myself. :mrgreen:

Of course with this kind of mod automation it is probably usefull to try Follow Me with this type harvester but i never used that before. All trailers that can be attached are a bit small for the huge amount of material, like beets and potatoes but like this the trailers don't need to be seperated from each other again, just be uncoupled from the harvester and pulled by a tractor or truck to delivery point. ( and then brought back to and coupled with the harvester again )

Ah and i don't pull caged trailers form the DLC because it can't attach them !
Last edited by Beastofwar on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

mrmayhem17 wrote:Why don't use Follow Me mod to set a left/right offset and harvest with a tractor pulling a caged-like auger from the DLC? Or like it's been said: drive the tractor yourself and hire a worker for the harvester. That's how it's done IRL.
I appreciate that is how it is done IRL, but I won't be playing like that. I want to be able to hire a worker to harvest the field and not have it get stuck when it goes to start a new row.

I'm sure I'm about to be chastised here, but when I find 'that' trailer it will be holding 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 liters of sugarcane and its weight will be nothing. That is the beauty of farming simulator. you can play how you want. and if I can't turn up that harvester to 21mph at least tell me what trailer I can use that will work with the worker!

EDIT: thank you for the suggestion of the follow me mod. I will use that as a last resort.