What do you guys do for a living?

ClassicTractors

Re: What do you guys do for a living?

Post by ClassicTractors »

Guil wrote:Lol in Ireland we call it rigid and artic and England they call it class 1 and 2 but I've no idea which is which. Really though it's C and CE

Am I reading it right that you need a license to drive a tractor in the road? Is that what the "W" is for?
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Yes, one needs a tractor license these days. I'm seeing tractor driving schools here on the industrial estate daily. In the past farmers used to have their kids drive tractors... these days due to insurances etc they don't. Them kids can't even drive a small trailer backwards... it is amazing to see how bad they are with simple driving, license was introduced due too many incidents
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Guil

Post by Guil »

W is for w tractor or other Agri vehicle I think. You get one from 16.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Welp, if we had that in America I'd be super illegal! :lol:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It still happens. Haulage association give out stink cos a clown at 16 that wouldn't drive a wheelbarrow can do down the road with an excavator or something in a fastrac grossing 40 ton yet to do that in a truck ya have all sorts of stuff to go through. It's a joke.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Cpc is the single biggest waste of time in the hgv industry. I have one to do in a couple of weeks. Zzz zzz.. ..
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I done mine for this year about 2 months ago I think. Can't complain too much though. Work run the course for us and we also get paid for the day and we get overtime for the Saturday too.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Well the CPC when I did it I did remember things I had forgotten about so that was good, But its just a money making exercise for the governments isn't it really. We have always haad tractor tests in the uk, I remember I could have done mine at 16 but never bothered as I think provisional covered it back then, We are talking 30 years ago when I passed my car test.

But its a very valid point about some youngsters today and what they get away with driving and the weights. I seem to remember the most I used to pull around was a 14-ton slurry tanker but we only had 100 horsepower and a 20mph top speed. There were 40k boxes out we had 2 one would do 40k the other would do nearly 50k when she got going. Stopping was the issue lol.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

A license for a tractor?! What is this world coming to? No wonder people are leaving agriculture for other fields. That is almost as bad as needing a safety harness when walking on top of the combine. I've been driving tractors and combines over the road since i was 15 and not once have I ever had an accident doing it. Heck I would even have cops drive by and wave at me while I was driving our Case 9370 with dual wheels pulling a seeder and seed tank. OK, I can see them trying to reduce accidents and damage, however I place that one entirely on the parents. If you are getting your kid to move a 20-40 ton, 1 million dollar unit to the field you better make sure they are capable of doing it. My dad had me driving obstacle courses and driving drills in fields and at the farm before I was allowed on the highway with it.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Beez

Post by Beez »

Well, if you consider that a tractor owner takes it on the public road, he should know the rules to say so. I mean, if you got a license already you should be fine, but if you don't that should not be ok.
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

This is my day job
Greengamer64

Post by Greengamer64 »

Work in retail. Currently 7 plus years with Gamestop. Previously 27 years in pet shops. And a couple of years in the
florist industry.
Uppik

Post by Uppik »

I'm a financial analyst for the Ministry of the Attorney General. My grandfather was a farmer and I hope someday I could quit the city life and move to a farm. I just need to win the lottery :lol:
Farmsimplayer15

Post by Farmsimplayer15 »

A life full of farming, custom harvesting, truck driving, brick laying, and vegetable growing for farm stand selling, while ps4 farm sim playing!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

jenna_q wrote:OK, I can see them trying to reduce accidents and damage.
I feel like most of the accidents come from other drivers being dumb on the road
More proof people are dumb :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer