Ford Tractors and product licensing.

niggle44

Ford Tractors and product licensing.

Post by niggle44 »

Am consistently confused as to the matter of product licensing as to why Giants cannot release certain Mods to console - Ford became NH in turn bought by Fiat and eventually it became the CNH (Case New Holland) group of companies - NH/Case are in-game brands and there is a Fiat crawler tractor on console mods - so not sure as to why the Ford Force or TW pack would not be from a "licensed" brand - surely just needs a small contract amendment. Its not like farmers the world over are suddenly start buying old fords instead of the latest NH / Case models - well only us FS Ford fans :)
SEANMG42

Re: Ford Tractors and product licensing.

Post by SEANMG42 »

New Holland have the right to produce and distribute tractors under the Ford name but don't have the right to sell the Ford name. So you have to get permission from Ford to use there name.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Yeah, this is annoying for me. I own Ford tractors IRL, so I reeeally wanna see em in-game
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FordFarmer97 wrote:Yeah, this is annoying for me. I own Ford tractors IRL, so I reeeally wanna see em in-game
Then you know the whole story?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

niggle44 wrote:Am consistently confused as to the matter of product licensing as to why Giants cannot release certain Mods to console - Ford became NH in turn bought by Fiat and eventually it became the CNH (Case New Holland) group of companies - NH/Case are in-game brands and there is a Fiat crawler tractor on console mods - so not sure as to why the Ford Force or TW pack would not be from a "licensed" brand - surely just needs a small contract amendment. Its not like farmers the world over are suddenly start buying old fords instead of the latest NH / Case models - well only us FS Ford fans :)
Its not as easy as you think it is but it is complicated on who owns who
tecaterunner

Post by tecaterunner »

Personally i would just like to have more old stuff. In 2013 they had the farmall H.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

eric21 wrote:
FordFarmer97 wrote:Yeah, this is annoying for me. I own Ford tractors IRL, so I reeeally wanna see em in-game
Then you know the whole story?
Well sorta. Ford was an independent company, made farm equipment and tractors, NH buys them, they market under NH for a while, then Fiat buys them both out. I think that's right
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

What? I thought since Giants got Stara, everyone would be content and not be asking for blue and green tractors. :lol: I mean, didn't everyone really want to see Stara in the game?
Just kidding of course. I'd like some Fords too. Where I'm from you either have a Ford, Massey, or Kubota. If you're really fancy/rich/in debt/successful, you have a JD.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CrazyIkeTyson

Post by CrazyIkeTyson »

SEANMG42 wrote:New Holland have the right to produce and distribute tractors under the Ford name but don't have the right to sell the Ford name. So you have to get permission from Ford to use there name.
So what problem does ford have? They don’t make tractors anymore so selling the name for tractors they don’t even produce anymore shouldn’t be a problem.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

CrazyIkeTyson wrote:
SEANMG42 wrote:New Holland have the right to produce and distribute tractors under the Ford name but don't have the right to sell the Ford name. So you have to get permission from Ford to use there name.
So what problem does ford have? They don’t make tractors anymore so selling the name for tractors they don’t even produce anymore shouldn’t be a problem.
"Under the Ford name" it still belongs to Ford

Thats why you have TM or copyright claims or agreements. Lets say you want to have the name "Woolworths" but you cant even though Woolworths dont exist anymore
Greengamer64

Post by Greengamer64 »

At some point I watched a history video on Ford-Fordson tractors. If I remember correctly Heney Ford loved the idea of creating tractors to help the farmer. The board of directors did not . That is why Fordson tractors were created as a seperate project. The project eventually became Ford branded tractors. Eventually the Ford company made a decision to get out of the agricultural buisness. As I remember, wishing for the Ford name to no longer be associated with agriculture. Thus no Ford branded tractors.
Perhaps if anyone really wants Ford tractor in Farming Simulator, they should approach the Ford company directly to negotiate an agreement. It would be nice to have a selection of historical Ford machines in Farming Simulator.
tecaterunner

Post by tecaterunner »

All this talk of old ford tractors makes me think why not others such as allis chalmers, farmall, case, oliver, white, Minneapolis Moline. Just to name a few all this shiny new stuff is great but most farmers i know are still running older stuff with maybe a few new tractors.
CrazyIkeTyson

Post by CrazyIkeTyson »

tecaterunner wrote:All this talk of old ford tractors makes me think why not others such as allis chalmers, farmall, case, oliver, white, Minneapolis Moline. Just to name a few all this shiny new stuff is great but most farmers i know are still running older stuff with maybe a few new tractors.
I agree with this... they aren’t doing anything more, so why not make a deal with Giants if it’s possible.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

how come when stuff gets retired it becomes even more of a hassle to get a license?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Who knows? I want an old Hesston or an NH forage harvester. Hesston 7700 or an NH 2100
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.