[FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Dr. Bob

Re: [FS18] Bug Collection Thread

Post by Dr. Bob »

Has the automatic lowering of the graphics settings against the wishes of the user/customer 'bug' been fixed already? I had ceased updating the game on my other device which still had the unbugged version because of it. I am also reticent to do any further updating because I fear other unwanted 'features' would creep in since communication about the changes is extremely sparse. I cannot trust Giants any more to protect my freedom of choice in such matters.

I have also ceased updating FS14 and FS16 because of that reason since I don't know whether they have been afflicted with this 'feature' too. I could ask about FS14/16 twice in their own sub forums but I prefer to keep the talk about this issue in one topic. So do FS14 and FS16 still allow the user to determine the graphics setting of their own choice or do they change this setting automatically too?

Basically this bug/feature has made me stop updating any version of the game on all my devices. A very undesirable effect because it causes me to miss any positive changes too.

Please fix this and make this automatic lowering of the graphics setting stop. Make it stop interfering with the game and my update policy.
dvapsy
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by dvapsy »

Hello Bob,

The behavior you're describing is in fact intended and not a bug.
We implemented the said fix in response to a large portion of customers complaining about performance when in fact they were running the game on high GFX setting using devices incapable of rendering 3d graphics at a satisfying frame-rate at this level of detail. The response we got after implementing the fix confirmed our assumptions. We since tweaked the system to exclude known high-end GPU-s to avoid lowering the graphics setting on these devices. The game supports a wide range of devices from different price ranges, sadly not all of which are capable of running it on high graphics setting. We recommend updating the app to the latest available version.

This thread is for bugs only, if you wish you can continue in the feedback section of the mobile app forum.

Cheers
How to post a log file | How to upload images
Navan

Post by Navan »

This occurred at times back in FS 16 as well. Every so often I'll reload a save game that had a field recently fertilized only to find all our part of the field no longer fertiluzed. It almost seems to be related, from my prescriptive, to the save on quit not saving the fertilizer state. I say this because it usually occurs when I've quit playing in the middle of a worker fertilizing a field, or shortly after one finished.

This is on the Amazon version of the App on the 2014 Motorola X 2nd generation. If it helps FS 16 was same phone but Google Play version.

Thanks!
dvapsy

Post by dvapsy »

Hello Navan,

We're aware of the issue you're referring to and it should get fixed with the next FS18 update (across all platforms).

Cheers
Pazox

Post by Pazox »

it should get fixed with the next FS18 update (across all platforms)
Does this mean the 3DS version will get its first update?
Intel Core i5-4590 | 16 GB DDR3 RAM | Gainward GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix 8 GB | Crucial MX200 500 GB, Western Digital Blue 1 TB | ASRock H97 Pro4 | Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Windows 10 Home 64 Bit | Acer G276HL (1920x1080, 60 Hz)
dvapsy

Post by dvapsy »

Hey Pazox,

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. By "all" i meant all mobile device platforms (iOS, Android and Amazon).

Cheers
ojczenasz

Post by ojczenasz »

ojczenasz wrote:Hi,
I'm having troubles connecting with mutliplayer host.

I'm using Ipad 3 as host, Iphone 5S as guest. (both latest firmware).
It doesn't really matter which way I'm connecting - I get file transfer timeout (Says "Przekroczono limit czasu przesylania pliku gry" - in Polish)

What I discovered also is that when I select brand new game then connects OK and I can play fine for hours,
but as the game progresses I guess that file gets bigger and next time I try to connect I get timeouts.

Multiplayer is the reason I bought this game so I can play with my son.

Thank You.
Tom.
I'm having same issue again with latest version that came out yesterday. (It was working fine with previous version.)
Please have a look at this again.
Thanks.
Tom.
dvapsy

Post by dvapsy »

Hello ojczenasz,

Sorry to hear that, we will look into it again and try to reproduce your issue on site. As far as i know we did not change anything concerning multiplayer in this update. Are you sure you updated the app on both your devices first? Due to some new vehicles we added the previous versions of the app might be incompatible until updated. Please note that other apps/system downloading update data in the background on any of the two devices can affect network performance and thus the multiplayer in our game. This might also cause slightly worse performance shortly after updating. Can you please try again after veryfying that all the app/system updates finished installing in the background?

Cheers
gerbiepiep

Post by gerbiepiep »

dvapsy wrote:Hey Pazox,

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. By "all" i meant all mobile device platforms (iOS, Android and Amazon).

Cheers

Just a question, since you didnt respond on a earlyer post i had on here about fs18 for the 3ds.

Will fs18 on the 3ds have any updates of any sorts at all?

So far it seems like it'll be a neglected version of the game.
rottielover

Post by rottielover »

Kweakman wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with receiving a text while playing fs 18, replying to the text while in the game and then the keyboard never going away till you exit out and close the game and restart it?
iPhone 6
Quoting the first post I have this exact same issue still and I’m on an iPhone 8. It’s not just texts but any messenger style app that has a keyboard display. It’s pretty annoying. A work-around I have found is to ignore the notification about the text and use the home button to go back to the main screen. Then launch the other app, then go back to FS18.

Also for the list I think you should include more pictures in the instruction manual, for instance I’m not sure what the grass field should look like prior to mowing it (does the grass icon turn yellow or does it always stay green??)

The path finding bugs mentioned around the fertilizer helper still exist.

Over-all I am happy I purchased, it let’s me get my Farming sim fix while away from my PC. Would still like to see this updated now that PC platinum is out, as an FS17 owner of plat and the Kuhn pack it would be sweet if you included something on fs18 for folks like me who own the games on multiple platforms

Thanks!
Blodsloddy

Post by Blodsloddy »

I have an issue with FS18. Whenever I get a pop up for an "achievement", the gyroscope goes haywire and all I can do is drive in a circle. Anyone else??. I have to reboot the tablet to get it to work again. Sorry I posted on a reply, but I can't figure out how to create a new topic. Been in touch with customer service twice, but still have not found the "New Topic" button or whatever it is supposed to be.Real helpful...
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Blodsloddy!

Are you playing on Android or iOS? There currently is a known gyro issue introduced in iOS 11.1, mostly affecting iPads. Several users report an improvement/fix after the iOS 11.2 beta 3, so our advice would be to use touch steering until the fix is released publicly - or downgrade iOS. Hope this helps!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
garryjoshi

Error with FS18 Game on iOS 11.3

Post by garryjoshi »

The game was working just fine when my iPhone 7 was running iOS 10. Today that I updated to latest iOS 11.3 but whenever now I am opening the game it is only loading a blank screen on its start up and simply closes itself after a few seconds. Can anyone please help me fix it??
Garry Joshi
ShowBox Mobdro TutuApp
Cferg31

Post by Cferg31 »

On which device you're playing FS18: Android
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Stryer 6300 Terrus CVT Tractor
- Issue: lower pulling speed compared to a tractor with less HP 313HP vs 250 HP and speeds when pulls are 12 vs 19.(seems to have less HP than shown)
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: all the time
Not sure if this a bug I tried it on 4/5 different types of equipment and Styer has a lower speed when pulling vs a 250 HP tractor(Valtra T234). if this is not a bug it makes no sense to me. Why would a tractor with a higher HP be slower even when they have the same top speed of 50.
Micewillplay

Post by Micewillplay »

Since the recent update, I cannot load my game on my fire. It says the game is corrupt.