Error in logfile after update to 1.5.1

maxtor

Error in logfile after update to 1.5.1

Post by maxtor »

The following error occured after the update to the new version 1.5.1.
This error wasn't in before the update.
It's looking for a materialHolder in the mapfolder fillPlanes and this i3d isn't there. Only the fillPlane_materialHolder and this one is doing his job...
So what can be wrong? Is it a issue with the map or with the update?

This is the error:

Error: i3d 'D:/Documenten/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/Test/FS17_MaxVille/fillPlanes/materialHolder.i3d' could not be found.

Hope there is someone here that can help me to solve this problem.

Map is Maxville 4x map, build by myself.....

EDIT (Lethian): Moved to Modhub-Bugreports
maverick74

Re: Error in logfile after update to 1.5.1

Post by maverick74 »

If you have newmaterialholder in you scripts. Unable it in your moddesc under extrasourcefile like this
<!--sourceFile filename="Lua/newMaterialHolder.lua" /--> and try again.
I had the same issue , the newmaterialholder youprobably use for a compostmaster or something,it actually doesn't need it.
For me this solved it.
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

Maverick, thanks for the workaround. The other day someone who's been playing Nagce Valley let me know that the map would crash if he had the Straw AddOn activated. When we looked at his log the only error we found was the one relating to the compost master materialHolder. This seemed a bit odd as I was running the Straw AddOn on Nagce Valley without issue but sure enough when I checked my log the materialHolder error was showing. I enabled your fix and the error disappeared as you indicated it would. I suggested to the other player he try the fix as well and it somehow solved the issue he was having with the Straw AddOn. I have no idea why I had no issues with the addOn while he did nor how it might be tied to the materialHolder issue. Thanks again for the fix.
benjoglove

Post by benjoglove »

Okay I have found a new one. After reading this post I didn't have this script however I began deleting a few .lua's out of the moddesc and have found that the <sourceFile filename="maps/scripts/additionalMapTypes.lua"/> is the cause of the crash for the new addonstraw harvest mod by aerosoft. Problem is if I delete it then I loose my additional fruits such as oats etc. Any ideas on a fix? I don't want to loose all my fruits.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@benjoglove: the reason why the game is crashing with your map and the straw harvest add-on is that the add-on adds a couple more frouts to the game and with the additional fruits in the map the maximum amount of fruits that is allowed by the game engine is exceeded and unfortunately this causing the game to crash:
viewtopic.php?f=936&t=119195

Since Giants has stated in the bug-report that they won't fix this right now the only way to avoid the crash is to reduce the amount of fruits that get registered by the map if you want to use it in combination with the straw harvest add-on.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
benjoglove

Post by benjoglove »

don_apple wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am @benjoglove: the reason why the game is crashing with your map and the straw harvest add-on is that the add-on adds a couple more frouts to the game and with the additional fruits in the map the maximum amount of fruits that is allowed by the game engine is exceeded and unfortunately this causing the game to crash:
viewtopic.php?f=936&t=119195

Since Giants has stated in the bug-report that they won't fix this right now the only way to avoid the crash is to reduce the amount of fruits that get registered by the map if you want to use it in combination with the straw harvest add-on.
Thanks for the reply. So the mods adds two fruits to the map?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Sorry, I don't know how many fruits exacrly are added by the straw harvest add-on. But keep in mind that there are other mods that add additional fruits as well, for example Seasons, so removing more than two fruits from the map might be a good idea so that the map can be used together with the straw harvest add-on and other mods adding additional fruits.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules