Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lefe1

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by lefe1 »

I have only one question. if you have grass or hay in a silo will it be ok or will it rot? Thanks
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

lefe1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:21 pm I have only one question. if you have grass or hay in a silo will it be ok or will it rot? Thanks
I've been wondering about this too...
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Case1370 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm Snow is only 1 layer yes. But I believe maps will be updated fairly quickly. On top of the 3 maps from Giants, Agrovation by Niggels and Katsuo is also prepared.

There is a help menu in the game itself. Last page of the ingame menu.

Goldcrest is completely prepared. No issues whatsoever, also on console. Yes you can move snow around and make big piles or move it with a tipper. It does start melting when it gets warmer though!

So do this mean GCV and Sosnovka on PC is now setup with snow mask? I have been playing on both maps with Season's mod, and just had snow turned off, so if they have snowmask on them now, does that work with current saves on those maps? I have put so many hours on them, Id hate to start over, but I do prefer having snow, as long as the maps have snow mask. Thanks
Yes, they got a snowmask in 1.5.1, together with platinum. No need for a new savegame, but bales now rot ;)
lefe1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:21 pm I have only one question. if you have grass or hay in a silo will it be ok or will it rot? Thanks
Hay in a silo will not rot. Not sure what silo wet grass goes into, but that will not rot either.
The Hayloft in FS17 can store both straw and hay, and protects it from rain.
mh1023

Post by mh1023 »

Spectacular, this is an early Christmas gift for me. I knew it was difficult to program this into the base game so give credit to Realismus and Giants, it will take the console farming to a whole new level. Thanks.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm Snow is only 1 layer yes. But I believe maps will be updated fairly quickly. On top of the 3 maps from Giants, Agrovation by Niggels and Katsuo is also prepared.

Goldcrest is completely prepared. No issues whatsoever, also on console. Yes you can move snow around and make big piles or move it with a tipper. It does start melting when it gets warmer though!

So do this mean GCV and Sosnovka on PC is now setup with snow mask? I have been playing on both maps with Season's mod, and just had snow turned off, so if they have snowmask on them now, does that work with current saves on those maps? I have put so many hours on them, Id hate to start over, but I do prefer having snow, as long as the maps have snow mask. Thanks
Yes, they got a snowmask in 1.5.1, together with platinum. No need for a new savegame, but bales now rot ;)
Hay in a silo will not rot. Not sure what silo wet grass goes into, but that will not rot either.

Thanks Rahkiin, thats great to hear. Amazing work by you guys, and also for Giants, to go to all the hard work of tying it into their original maps, and while Im on PC, I think its great that those who play on the consoles, are going to be able to use this great mod by you guys. Giants could have very easily just waited till FS19, to improve the realism, so I hope people realize, what that dev team at Giants did, as well as what you guys did to make this happen for all. I know not everyone can afford to have a gaming PC, and they miss out on quite a bit by not having a PC, but with the Season's mod, they will atleast be able to have a more realistic game now.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 pm

There are currently two that I know of...the MultiStorage mod by Vanquish81 and the Forage and Chips Silo mod by Bdbssb. I use the the forage and chops silo. The other is just too big to accommodate on the map.
JDS

Post by JDS »

How about map The Valley The Old Farm is season ready will be problem ?
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Not sure that my strategy is going to be for seasons. Starting a new save game is obviously needed but I don't know what map to go for first. West Coast is the obvious one but I'll wait until BulletBill's update has gone through Giants testing. Out of all the console mod maps I love Chellington and keep in coming back to it. In part because there's lots of room for customisation. I might start off with that.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I really, really, really want to start on TVTOF but I don't want to have to start over from scratch once it's updated. I may just throw caution to the wind and go for it. Yup. Starting fresh tomorrow with Seasons.

Now the other big question: Easy, Normal, or Hard? I'm afraid normal or hard will keep me from ever progressing.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I always play under easy mode. Life's too short for the grind of hard. Whatever map I choose I'll use the money cheat to get things going slightly faster, particularly if I play on the big fields of Chellington.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 pm I really, really, really want to start on TVTOF but I don't want to have to start over from scratch once it's updated. I may just throw caution to the wind and go for it. Yup. Starting fresh tomorrow with Seasons.

Now the other big question: Easy, Normal, or Hard? I'm afraid normal or hard will keep me from ever progressing.

All just depends on how much realism you want. Personally I cant imagine playing anything but hard, even with seasons, its not difficult to progress. Time does go by fairly quickly, if you set time to 5x, and you can skip nights to move along quicker, and when things are slow you can just speed up the clock till you can skip nights. Ive been a farmer all my life, so for me, I want as close as realistic as possible, and to have atleast some type of challenge, otherwise I would get very board, if it was so easy to make money.

The most important thing is to do what you will enjoy the most, no matter what level you decide to go with.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I'm the same. The biggest reason I lobbied for the seasons mod was to make it more challenging. The game was way too easy, even on hard mode. The biggest challenge I can see playing GCV with seasons is having enough room for sheds to keep equipment out of the elements. The main farm lacks enough flat area to place a large shed.
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

I agree with y'all, Even on hard it's slightly easy and much easier than real farming will ever be. I can't wait to grind it out through the seasons.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
NateS

Post by NateS »

On GCV I'm thinking about selling the placeable sheds you start with and seeing if I can get something different to fit in their places.
PC & PS4
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

You'll have to be careful. Not much fits there...plus, not all modded sheds (if any) are snow masked. If they aren't, they won't do you any good.