New to farming? Ask questions here:

NateS

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by NateS »

Yes, there are placeable fill points. While they are convenient, they also cost more.
PC & PS4
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Am yet to see where you buy consumables ... getting there. (how do you fill the spreaders and sprayers - just a simple hotkey?)

Also ... "what's the go with all the workers budging every time I go to the shop. I have to run around rehiring them all again.
NateS

Post by NateS »

When you are in the shop menu you see tractors/harvesters/bakers etc. If you scroll to the right, you will find a category called Pallets. Seed and fert is in there. Seed and solid fert comes in 1000L pallets and liquid fert in 2000L pallet
PC & PS4
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

NateS wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:17 am When you are in the shop menu you see tractors/harvesters/bakers etc. If you scroll to the right, you will find a category called Pallets. Seed and fert is in there. Seed and solid fert comes in 1000L pallets and liquid fert in 2000L pallet
*thumbsup* Cheers!
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

NEW QUESTION - Fast Forwarding?

I notice it works with the growing cycle - BUT

Am I correct in saying it does not speed up workers?

I only ask as when I put on 120X the workers where still only going at normal speed despite sun traveling across the sky at a faster rate.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

In addition to my fast forwarding Q above - do I need a specific tractor for the sprayers and spreaders. The cheap ones I am unable to pick up or attach?
NateS

Post by NateS »

Workers work the field at the same speed regardless of game speed.

It can sometimes be tricky to see which side of the sprayer the tractor hooks to. Maybe try hooking to the other side of the implement. Also, some tractors are able to hook implements to both the front and rear of the tractor, others cannot.
PC & PS4
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

OK TY - Another question :)Is it normal that I cannot hire workers to unload and pick bails up?
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

That's completely normal, workers are pretty limited in what they can do. They are pretty good at driving a straight line across a field. A lot of the time they can manage turning around and going back the other way, so long as there's no obstacles near the field edge. They need to have something to follow, though. The worker 'sees' the state of the ground in front of it and decides if it can be worked by the tool it has attached. If yes, it carries on. If not, it either turns around to do the next pass, or stops if it decides the job is finished.
They can't do collecting bales, unloading harvesters (unless you attach a cultivator to the front and set it to run alongside) or deliver crops.
If you're on PC, you can download courseplay to do these things, but it takes a bit of learning how to set it up, there are some good tutorials on YouTube.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

Can I mix pig feed in a forage mixer?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ No
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

CULTIVATING / Ploughing when Growing Grass? As a newbie and just starting my farm, I am doing really well harvesting grass bails. What I would like to know - for the sake of yeild, Is it worth Cultivating the ground and then reseeding and fertilizing? ← with respect to growing something as simple as grass?)

Whilst the grass did continue to grow with just speeding the day and night cycle having done nothing after selling my bails, I think I got less yeild the second time around.

Is the yeild really worth the extra effort with regards to grass → in cultivating, fertilizing and so on?
(Despite grass seemingly growing so easy)
I'm thinking the answer it yes?

ALSO ... Would weeding grass be an optimal use the weeder?

Absolutely loving this game!!!

Thank you for your assistance. *thumbsup*
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ You don't have to cultivate it. You can't weed it either
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

There shouldn't be any need to cultivate/plow grass fields. Fertilizing them is definitely beneficial however if you use the 3-fertilizings option. The good thing is that grass fields will never go below the first fertilization level after the grass is cut, so only two fertilizer passes are required on grass fields.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:08 pm ^^ You don't have to cultivate it. You can't weed it either
Wait, what? I always weed my grass fields, either straight after the field is cleared, or as a second fert stage after it's grown back a bit.
Never had an issue with it working, only when I've mucked up and tried to do it twice!
Edit: WRT to poppy farmerstone, it sounds like you need to let the grass grow another stage before harvesting to get the full yield.
It's worth noting that this is the only crop that works this way, anything else will give all the yield it's going to in any harvestable stage.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc