New to farming? Ask questions here:

FordFarmer97

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Oh, hm. I read somewhere you couldn't weed grass
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Thanks Guys - I'm a slow learner. Just so I know I am reading you guys right I need to think out loud.

Growing Grass:
  • Ground does NOT need to be Cultivated Check!
    Only needs to be fertilized twice. Check!
With respect to WEEDING ... the tutorial stated meadows are an excellent scenario for enhancing growth? Seems Hairy Bob is getting good results through using weeding as his second fertilization stage. I think I will try it.

At the end of the day I will keep counting the results under different scenarios to find out in the end what is more time efficient and so on.

Note taken on letting the grass grow another stage. I usually look for the amount of seed on the grass & or compare it to the grass surrounding the paddock as indicator if the grass has reached maturity. Does that make sense? One days growth does not seem to be enough for maximum yeild without fertilizing on successive days. Just my thinking for no is all.

Like I say I will keep working on the one crop (Grass and observing the results as I try different things and give feed back in here as I go or make another post)

Also Noted
... that this method of NOT cultivating and only fertilizing at two stages is not optimal on other types of crops? Did I say that correctly?

Now that my money if building up ... what should I concentrate on next after getting learning the grass crops down pat? Should I look into farming some animals to produce my own fertilizer? I am struggling with fertilizer and will have to make my own thread on it later on. Right now I am unable to attach any of the cheap spreaders and or sprays to either of the first tractors I started with. That's also the case since customizing and adding a loader. I have tried to hook up on the front and back with and without loader + forks and so on ... still I can't attach either of those cheap spreaders or sprays.

With respect to my grass fields. What's the best way to fertilize them. I'm still thinking of using a weeder like Hairy Bob does. (stage 2) What is stage one? Other than that, what else can I do and more importantly ... how do I do it? I can't find out what goes with what. :(

Again ... should I look into animals and do a wheat crop and stick with 2 fields of grass to keep the money coming in?

Thanks again for your assistance.
Much appreciated.
~Poppyfarmaston *thumbsup*
markare

Post by markare »

Make sure the connection hitch is lined up properly with the spreader you are trying to hook up to. There is a very small window of opportunity it to hook up. An icon will appear for you at the bottom right hand of your screen right in the bottom corner of your fuel and speed window.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Thanks markare ... I am aware of the procedure as have been doing that with all the equipment on that farm. I will make a video and link my problem later in the day.

appreciate the input ... I will try again taking great care as you suggest. I think it might be to do with the selected sprayer / spreader ... those 8000eu ones early in the game. I might just have to shell out on the more expensive and larger versions ... in fact ... I can't be bothered working out anymore on those cheap little ones ... over it ... I will just keep selling as I know how for now and buy the larger gear that can actually be attached to the tractors I currently own. (The first ones early in game)

Come to think of it ... after carefully inspecting the attachment points on the cheap sprayer and spreader - there was 3 points ... where the customized hydraulic loader only had two ... also the same case for the rear. Like I say ... I'm kind of over trying to work it out. See what happens. :)

Thanks all the same.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

OMG!!! I did it :smileynew: ... I reversed with starter tractor and loaded up a spreader. MY BAD ... Let's just put it down to my ASD. Whatever. Moving on.
NateS

Post by NateS »

You may want to check out a few YouTube videos to get some ideas of how others play. There is no right or wrong way to play this game.
PC & PS4
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Yes ... that's what I have been doing. I do it for all my games. I am amazed at how much information is left out of said videos when it comes to the vital tasks. So many kids speaking a million miles on hours as if on heat. It gets very draining.

In the mean time I'll continue posting in here as well. Unless you object of course. LOL. Just kidding.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Here ya go ... Someone Weeding A Grass Field? Whadyaknow!
https://youtu.be/y6iNa3gWsc0?t=151
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

WORKER HAS FINISHED ALL THEIR TASKS?

1. Do workers not work at night?

2. Also ... if your repeating a task to soon during the day, is it normal to get the "Worker Has finished all their tasks" Notification pop up?
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

1. No, hired help do work at night.

2. No idea what the problem is there. In general the hired help can be really finicky. Repeating a task shouldn't matter to the hired help.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
NateS

Post by NateS »

If you are getting the 'worker completed task' message, there is something wrong. Could be a number of things. You could be trying to fertilize twice in the same growth period or trying to harvest before the crop is ready, or cultivate a field that is already done... too many options to list.

Can you tell us what exactly you are trying to do that it won't let You? This will help us help you!
PC & PS4
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

NateS wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:51 am .......You could be trying to fertilize twice in the same growth period or trying to harvest before the crop is ready...
Can you tell us what exactly you are trying to do that it won't let You? This will help us help you!
OK !!! It was as you first stated above!!! →TY!!!
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

In the seasons mod, it changes the price to sell bales (straw/hay) sell price to 0 £ Yet when I use the shortcut to open the seasons' menu and go onto the economy page, it shows how much the bales are going for.

There seems to be somewhat contradictory information and I can't discern what price is the right one.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

The prices set to zero are for loose product, as in, it's only worth money if it's baled. In the base game you could just get a forage wagon, pick up straw/whatever and sell it loose, which isn't realistic.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

Yeah, so what price should I rely on upon evaluating the price per 1KL?