New to farming? Ask questions here:

Poppyfarmaston

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Question for the day → Is there a way I can flatten a field?

I am assuming I was unable to cultivate that section p[pictured due to not removing a stump? At any rate - I there a way to level this out so the I can plant and harvest this section?
Hairy Bob wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:47 pm I've got to disagree with you there, Smith.
The selection of mods which change the game is much greater for PC, whether you want more realism or less.
You can get scripts to make the weight of crops more realistic, to change the behaviour of the AI, run several machines in convoy, automate the transport of crops, pick up bales by hand, teleport, and almost anything you can think of.
Not to mention being able to edit mods to your liking. Want more horsepower, capacity, fruit types, faster working speed? A few minutes in the XML file (once you've done the initial googling) and you can make a mod do what you want.
Also the much greater selection of maps, including bigger maps, maps with more crops, production facilities and whatever else the makers came up with.
I have to say I am very interested in learning scripts after reading Bob's break down there. Mods/scripts for realism is something I would love.
markare

Post by markare »

That's what he said. More mods. But without the mods the game is similar.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
markare

Post by markare »

Poppyfarmaston wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:17 pm Question for the day → Is there a way I can flatten a field?

I am assuming I was unable to cultivate that section p[pictured due to not removing a stump? At any rate - I there a way to level this out so the I can plant and harvest this section?

Use a stump grinder to clear the stump away. The. You will be able to plow cultivate sow and harvest that are. It looks like you had an ai worker doing the seeding. The stump would stop it because of a collision mask for the tree. Deleting the stump will sort that.
Xb1
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Cheers - Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated. ;)
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^ when I meant similar, I meant that the core basics are the same, which is why I included a lot more mods
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

markare wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:18 pm That's what he said. More mods. But without the mods the game is similar.
True, just the extra options in game, the ability to use whatever controller/wheel/side panel combination you fancy, make/edit mods and maps, access the developer console and edit save games, unless I'm forgetting something.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

QUESTION → How long can I leave a cultivated field of Oilseed Radish untouched?

I have just started using Oilseed Radish Crops as a means of fertilizing new crops. As depicted – I planted two fields of Oilseed Radish on the last day of Summer and then Cultivated the next day on the first day of Autumn.

I do not want to plant anything mid or late spring next year as I wish to save the fields for sunflowers and soybeans. It just occurred to me that perhaps an untouched cultivated field of oilseed radish will go fallow over that length of time?

Question rephrased → What is the procedure when preparing fields with oilseed radish fields for crops two seasons ahead?

Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

In Addition to above Question → Unable to compact? Hmmm - Is this because you can only do one lot at a time? I tried lifting the cover but unable to. I leveled out the pile and still unable to compact?

Is it OK to just leave this pile of grass here until the other ferments and then just compact then?

BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

If you have silage fermenting, then no you cant compact it and blanket it.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

I guess that confirms it for me. Cheers. I assume it's OK to leave the grass where it is until the lot under the blanket is finished???
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

I'm really new to the game, just play yesterday for about 3 hrs and i love it!
Can someone help me to find an easy map (season ready) to improve my skill?

note: need to buy DLC?

ty
markare

Post by markare »

I would advise playing without seasons for a while until you get used to the game
Xb1
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

markare wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:01 pm I would advise playing without seasons for a while until you get used to the game
Season it's easy to understand and how/when cultivate,
I'm searching an easy map to improve my skill because i'll try wet coast map and it's a pain for me atm :)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

And to know when to plant, plough, harvest, what temperature, crop moisture, when to tedder, feed animals, bale, maintain equipment.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

eric21 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:34 pm And to know when to plant, plough, harvest, what temperature, crop moisture, when to tedder, feed animals, bale, maintain equipment.
i'm watching tons of video to know all of this infos, and a lot of it are on season site.
I need only a map to try all my knowledge.