[PS4] New to seasons mod, i have some questions.

Trekkerkearl

[PS4] New to seasons mod, i have some questions.

Post by Trekkerkearl »

I really love the map called "The West Coast" and have been playing it for a while now.
Recently i added seasons as it became available for the PS4 and this presented me with some questions i cannot get answers too via the help section.

Question 1:
The silo is only 100.000 and the fields are rather big so i easily get more than 100.000 produce each harvest.
Can i safely dump the excess in one of the bunkers either side of the silo's without loosing any over time due too the seasons mod like i do grass ?

Question 2:
Speaking of grass, how do i store grass through the winter for my cows without it all disappearing whenever it rains or snows ?
I tried dumping it in loose piles and bailing it, both times storing it inside a barn with Seasons Mask on it, still it disappeared when it snowed or rained :hmm:
I even tried storing it in trailers wich in turn where inside the barn but that somehow makes it disappear even quicker :confusednew:

Please help out a seasons newby :mrgreen:

Edit don_apple: moved from "Multiplayer" to "General Discussion" since this has nothing to do with Multiplayer.
Ntw1986

Re: [PS4] New to seasons mod, i have some questions.

Post by Ntw1986 »

U can store grass in bsb mod silo but theres no other way to keep grass
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

Thats annoying... I will look for one of these silo's.

How about storing grain and corn inside the barns with seasons mask, will that harm it ?
markare

Post by markare »

There is a place able silo extension that stretches the limit the silo holds. No need to keep those stored on the ground.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

I do not really like these extra silo extensions as they do not match the style of the map and cannot be placed right next to the excisting silos.
I gues i will place some small silo's around the map, too bad none of the PS4 Modded silo's accept grass :frown:
markare

Post by markare »

The silo extensions have to be next to the main silo. The others are place able silos that can go anywhere on the map there is space. Ensure the correct one is being chosen. If you try to place the extension anywhere except next to the main silo it will turn red and not be able to be placed
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
ivar_

Post by ivar_ »

UmbraMalum wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 am , too bad none of the PS4 Modded silo's accept grass :frown:
This on, can store grass: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

What has this all to do with Multiplay??

Edit don_apple: moved to correct place.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Yes you can store crops in the grain stores either side of the farm silo. No need to buy the silo addons.

For how to keep grass through the winter open up your ingame menu and go to the Seasons section, it has a full help folder you can scroll through.
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

TobiHH wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:55 pm What has this all to do with Multiplay??
Sorry @TobiHH but this sounded like the best catagorie for it, feel free to report it if you wish though.
markare wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 am The silo extensions have to be next to the main silo. The others are place able silos that can go anywhere on the map there is space. Ensure the correct one is being chosen. If you try to place the extension anywhere except next to the main silo it will turn red and not be able to be placed
The silo's in this map are inside of a barn, i could place them directly behind the barn but there are trees there that cannot be cut down/removed *thumbsdown* .
I have found some small silo's that are placeable everywhere... shame these are needed though.
ivar_ wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 pm
UmbraMalum wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 am , too bad none of the PS4 Modded silo's accept grass :frown:
This on, can store grass: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console
I must have missed that one, thanks i will give it a try...
BulletBill wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 pm Yes you can store crops in the grain stores either side of the farm silo. No need to buy the silo addons.

For how to keep grass through the winter open up your ingame menu and go to the Seasons section, it has a full help folder you can scroll through.
I did that, all it says that they will rot if left over time wich is confirmed by my experiences.
I gues i'll try the other silo to store it or feed them other things during the winter.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

UmbraMalum wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm Speaking of grass, how do i store grass through the winter for my cows without it all disappearing whenever it rains or snows ?
It's been many years since I lived on a farm, so this might have changed, but IRL you don't store grass through the winter to feed the cattle... it wouldn't keep. I think they even mention this in the Seasons manual. That's why you feed hay.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

As far as I remember, Seasons mod will not allow you to dump grass in the feed trough during winter. As already mentioned,it would rot in a few days. This is one good reason to sell off this years calves at the end of autumn. Of course that is pure fantasy, as FS17 doesn't know the difference between calves, heifers and cows.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

Earnest Pea wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 pm It's been many years since I lived on a farm, so this might have changed, but IRL you don't store grass through the winter to feed the cattle... it wouldn't keep. I think they even mention this in the Seasons manual. That's why you feed hay.
I have never lived on a farm... i am from a farming region in the Netherlands though and should have known this :lol:
I gues it makes sense to feed hay in Winter.
Last edited by Trekkerkearl on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

Also Seasons gives you a boost to milk productivity over the winter (and possibly early spring) to account for the lack of grass, so there's no reason to store it.

As mentioned, with mods you can overcome this and store grass for extra productivity, it just depends on how 'realistically' you'd like to play.

One of the things I love about this game is the mods that allow you to play how you want to play :) I have maps that I play as realistically as the game and mods will allow, maps where I store grass in a silo mod, and maps where I use the 'Assign hay to category grass for cows' (PC only though I'm afraid).
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

kahfs wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 pm As far as I remember, Seasons mod will not allow you to dump grass in the feed trough during winter.
I had no problem feeding the animals grass over the winter. It spills out as hay but goes into the trough fine as grass.

Regarding TWC, the silo extensions can be placed on the main farm in the NE of the map in the gap between the storage barns and where the fuel is IIRC. I would prefer Giants to allow silo capacity to be increased without the placement of the stock building extensions as they don't match many mod farms (or even EL) and are difficult to hide. Its difficult getting placeables where they will be most useful on TWC but I put the forage & chip silo just inside the cow pasture - you can fill it from the farmyard, you only have to go into the pasture to pull material out of it.