In-game keyboard shortcut window

Fredolachique

In-game keyboard shortcut window

Post by Fredolachique »

Hello,

I chose to ask my question in this section although it is not a "technical problem" due to the game.

As you will have probably noticed, the more material is used, the more shortcuts (keyboard, mouse, joystick) accumulate. The size of the window is not extensible, it happens to me that some shortcuts that we know or not used take the place of other more useful.
I saw in the file "inputbinding.xml" a parameter at the end of each line in the form of ---- Visible = "true" ----- and even changing is set to "false", it does not apparently nothing changes.
The question is: How can you hide the display of these unnecessary shortcuts without disabling them?
W1der

Re: In-game keyboard shortcut window

Post by W1der »

Excellent topic ...

Commands for "enter/exit vehicle", "toggle map size", "toggle worker", "start engine" etc (buttons I have pressed a million times by now).
I do not really need them and they only clutter the "help window".

Let us have a look at one of these lines in the inputbinding.xml

Code: Select all

<input name="TOGGLE_MAP_SIZE" category="ONFOOT VEHICLE" key1="KEY_9" key2="" device="2" button="BUTTON_5" mouse="" visible="true"/>
I think this part ...

visible="true"

... is only for the mouse. (!?)

I tried adding this after the code for the keyboard but based on how I did it I managed to break my game and ended up with the default inputbinding.xml.
Luckily I had a backup copy ... :smileynew:

Personally I would happily hide ALL "button hints" as I basically only use this window for the information regarding tip side and fill levels for green houses and such ... :this:
Even better if this type of information was shown "else where" so I would not have to bother having the help window visible at all! :coolnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
*TurboStar*

Post by *TurboStar* »

visible="false"
only hide (or show if ="true") the key in bindings options
W1der

Post by W1der »

@TurboStar ... thanks, very helpful info.

Setting all the bindings I am happy with to false to hide them in the menu.
Makes it really easy to find new lines when installing new mods ... *thumbsup*

Wish I knew this a long time ago!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5