FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

cr41g_1965

FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

Post by cr41g_1965 »

http://www.modsfarmingsimulator2017.com ... ulator-19/

An official: We will have Farming Simulator 19!

We just came back from Le What’s Next de Focus Home press event and are looking forward to the coming weeks and months! Who else is excited?

Farming Simulator 19 will also be back in its 19th version, with important new features anticipated by the game’s fans and a new game engine that will yield visuals close to the best productions on the market.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Showdizzle

Re: FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

Post by Showdizzle »

Ever hear "don't believe everything you read or hear?" " Close to the best productions on the markets" leaves a lot of room for interpretation.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I know it does.... I'm just putting the info out there...people can do with it what they like.... I offer it only for discussion.. I saw another post elsewhere, where someone said it was going to be the same engine as Mudrunner... also from today....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Let's hope the "new" engine allows the workers to work correctly in the field and not the grass headlands for one.

If the person behind AI vehicle Extention can almost get the AI to work correctly surely Giants can now.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm I saw another post elsewhere, where someone said it was going to be the same engine as Mudrunner... also from today....
Be interesting to hear if thats true. Its not unlikely. To be honest if FS-19 is going to have proper deformable terrain for ploughing etc then Spintires is probably the sort of look and feel I'd have in mind for it. Obviously Focus are the publisher of both games so there's a link there.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Lol. Yes every two editions or 4 years there is a huge leap. So for pc it was 2008-2009, huge leap in graphics and physics to 2011-2013, another huge leap to 2015-2017, so its time again. How much will that leap be...idk, but each time has been amazing. If you have just recently come to know farming sim then get ready to see another leap and be amazed!
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

I heard that Giants doesen't need a new engine. the one they have can be "upgraded" more if you will. I will look into this though.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

There is a lot more competition out now.
The farming game that we must not mention that is out in beta now, has very similar physics to spin tyres, AI the same as Courseplay built in, and much better graphics than FS17.

Farming Simulator has a big advantage having the rights to so many machinery brands so other games look limited in that regard, but people won’t forgive the basic physics and graphics forever.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

There was a Focus press release confirming that FS19 is going to receive a new game engine.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

okay then. That is interesting. I am glad to see a better phisics system. this will be the best year for FS.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

r u shur bout dat, "close to best visuals on the market". FS has always had the best graphics in the market for farming simulation as there is hardly any competition
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It depends on the use of word "new"...
A widely updated game engine can also be called "new", which as far as I know something Giants always do in between version changes.
But I think FS19 seriously needs a highly optimized TRULY NEW game engine.
Because, especially on PS4 side, hardware is now too old and it seems PS5 release is going to happen sometime in 2019.
So, if the FS19 optimization is not seriously good, I doubt PS4 can run it at optimal settings.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

How much I hate this, because it's not even a rumour, it's a communication mistake that happened somewhere.

No, FS19 will NOT use a new engine, we will continue to use the Giants engine, however we made some significant changes to the engine. So it's not a new one, it's the same one, just better.

I promise I'll show you guys the difference very soon :) Press embargo for What's next ends tomorrow so you'll get some very very very early impressions of FS19 this week (or soon after).
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Guil

Post by Guil »

Super excited to see what's coming.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

I was excited to see what FS19 will bring.

Now I'm very very very impatiently looking forward to the early impressions. :lol:

Significant changes to the giants engine is certainly peaking my interest and excitement. :biggrin2:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.