Seasons Mod Thread #2

reallogger

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm I'm having a problem with my crop growth, again.
This time it is a bit different.

I'm running a 9 day season setup on the us midwest geo.
I did plant wheat barley and canola on the 3rd day of early spring. They should have grown at that night with the transition but they didn't. Infact none of those crops in any mission fields have grown. Root crops on the other hand have grown. This practically eleminated my double crop chance for the year. Why did this happen do you think?

edit: something much more weird nust happened. My wheat barley and canola fields I've mentioned have grown from stage 2 to stage 4 in just one transition night. I'm watching live at the moment. It just happened infront of my eyes
Nothing wrong with the first part. Wheat, barley and canola planted in early spring won't grow until the transition to late spring. Root crops planted in early spring grows in the transition to mid spring.

Also the second part is as it should be. Wheat, barley and canola planted in early spring will be stage 2 in late spring and then it will become stage 4 in early summer.

That GEO will give different growth patterns compared to default Seasons.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pmThat GEO will give different growth patterns compared to default Seasons.
Ok. I see. That explains a lot. But I still couldn't figure out why they jump from stage 2 to stage 4 :biggrin2: I guess it is just how seasons work with that geo. Thank you reallogger :hi:
Drmattymd wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pmYoure also much better off planting those cereal grains in the fall if you want to do double crop beans.
Thank you for the tip :hi: I'll try that.
PS5 / FS22
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

I have different games on goldcrest both on normal in seasons. They have different calendars (as in planting and harvesting times) like one has a longer 'winter'. I have never installed any of the season geo mods only ever the basic. How /why does this happen (X Box1)

XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Are the season lengths different?
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Both are 3 day seasons
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I'm confused by what he means by longer winter
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm I'm confused by what he means by longer winter
I think he's referring to the second case where there is no crop planting season in spring transition 1 so its like the winter has extended an extra transition. Seems weird that the same base geo could have different calendars. I would double check no geo was installed - in my game the geos are not grouped together in the mod list so it can be a little tricky to ensure none are active or only the one you want is active when loading the game.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Ohh, thanks Jimbob
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

Could it be that the seasons mod is scripted to account for a cooler spring or longer lasting winter, as sometimes happens in real life? Like say if your winter temperatures are still carrying over into late March and early April then realistically you will want to wait until the temperatures have warmed up a little more for your seeds to germinate. Granted I live in the far south U.S. (Louisiana) so usually by early to mid March our temperatures are usually warmed up enough to begin planting crops but a lower than average temperature for a few days in March isn't uncommon. Maybe the seasons mod is scripted to allow these to occur from time to time.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

The avatars we both have though :hmm: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I skipped through the night in the winter, and I saw it snow while it was fast forwarding. At dawn, it had stopped snowing, and there was no snow on the ground. This was my first time seeing snow, so I figured it just didn't snow enough. I ended that session shortly after. The next time I loaded it up, the ground and streets were covered in snow.

Couple questions:
1. Does snow only show on the ground when a new session begins after it snows.
2. Does a snow shower always result in snow on the ground.
PS4
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 pm I skipped through the night in the winter, and I saw it snow while it was fast forwarding. At dawn, it had stopped snowing, and there was no snow on the ground. This was my first time seeing snow, so I figured it just didn't snow enough. I ended that session shortly after. The next time I loaded it up, the ground and streets were covered in snow.

Couple questions:
1. Does snow only show on the ground when a new session begins after it snows.
2. Does a snow shower always result in snow on the ground.
1. No. But it takes a while to place snow all over the map. So that was probably not done before you ended your session and got finished when you started the game again.
2. No it does not. It happens that you will see it snowing, but it won't snow enough to cover the ground.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Dexzilla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 pm I have different games on goldcrest both on normal in seasons. They have different calendars (as in planting and harvesting times) like one has a longer 'winter'. I have never installed any of the season geo mods only ever the basic. How /why does this happen (X Box1)
This can happen due to small bug that is fixed :)
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Thank you for the reply, and thank you for making this available for console. I am in awe of what you guys were able to do with this mod.
PS4
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

reallogger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:31 pm
This can happen due to small bug that is fixed :)
[/quote]

Fantastic, keep up the good work!!!
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s