FS19 Virtual Reality

farmer giless

FS19 Virtual Reality

Post by farmer giless »

Will this be introduced in the next game then? People have been waiting a long time for this or at least have the option to use VR in FS. I think it would be more immersive and whilst I know not everyone has a headset, it would be nice for those who have to have the option to use it. The simulator needs bringing upto date, I can't stand to wait another 2 years after FS19 for virtual reality farming.
jackcollins

Re: FS19 Virtual Reality

Post by jackcollins »

good things come to those who wait...my friend one step at a time. we need to figure out the stuff they've talked about fir e.g. new partnerships
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I can see this being done for PS4 and PC but it not being able to be on xbox might make giants stray away from it
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

What's so great about VR?
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

“Immersion” or whatever the latest buzz word is.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Ah, that.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm expecting FS-VR on FS21 or later. VR tech and usability should be advanced more before being a streamline thing.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

And its expensive
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

eric21 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am And its expensive
It’s an expensive gimmick at the moment, it’s been out for over a year with many titles only offering bonus vr content
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Farming Simulator is a perfect candidate for VR, if Giants don't do it (and I don't think they will for 19 at least) somebody else will beat them to the punch. I don't have VR but I have tried it and it is very impressive, those knocking it should try it. Its definitely not just a fad or gimmick that will fade away.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I have VR and waiting patiently for ace combat 7 and the vr mission in star wars is fantastic but there is only so many times you can play one mission
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am I have VR and waiting patiently for ace combat 7 and the vr mission in star wars is fantastic but there is only so many times you can play one mission
I've played the Star Wars Battlefront VR mission and it is awesome but yeah its a demo with a lot of flying around with nothing happening so you can only really enjoy it a couple of times. That in mind though is why I say Farming Simulator would be incredible with VR. *thumbsup*
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Judging by sales and developer interest. It does seem to have been a fad. Flight sim and sim racing are the only genres to have taken VR seriously, problem is those two genres are super niche.

It appears the VR bubble has already burst and augmented reality is the new hottness. It is just too expensive and too limited in use for the general public to really care about it.

It doesn’t seem like it worth the cost for any developer to spend man hours on VR. The rate of return is just so low.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I feel a bit guilty as it was an xmas present off the wife and all I still play is FS17, I’m gonna give it a year then if nothing worthwhile comes out I’ll put it on eBay just before xmas. One thing that hasn’t helped is Xbox not doing VR
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Why isn't Xbox doing VR?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10