Sugar Mill?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
GaGrumpyDad

Sugar Mill?

Post by GaGrumpyDad »

I have been working the South American Map harvesting sugar cane and sugar beets, but the prices are awful, much like that of the forestry side of the game. Someone created a saw mill in which you use wood chips as fuel, and logs to be cut into planks which works great. I wonder if someone might be able to create a sugar mill in which you could once again power it by bales of straw, straw pellets, or wood chips. You would unload your sugar cane or sugar beets at a tip trigger. Then go back later to find pallets of bagged sugar which could be worth more at a sell point.

This game is so awesome but they limit themselves so much on what to do with the crops you harvest.
ClassicTractors

Re: Sugar Mill?

Post by ClassicTractors »

In reply to your first point about prices being so low....yes, I agree, they are very low. However, once you take into consideration the sheer amount of sugarcane you get from each field (100,000L/ha IIRC), the prices really then don't seem that low. The money in sugarcane comes from the large amounts you receive.

Now, I also agree that it would be nice to see something additional done with the sugarcane after it has been sold. I like your idea of selling it to the sugar mill, then, at a later time, you go back and get pallets of bagged sugar that would be worth more at a different sell point.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
GaGrumpyDad

Re: Sugar Mill?

Post by GaGrumpyDad »

The sugar cane is a huge harvest and undertaking. I planted 6 fields and filled everything up but when you haul it all off and only get 259k for the entire harvest it doesn't seem worth the week it took to harvest, at least not when there are crops like soybeans and wrapped bales that net 4-8 times the amount. I just hope someone will mod a sugar mill for us. I am simply not smart enough on computers to do it, even with all the tutorials.