Giants , You've messed up!

Nigelbilt

Re: Giants , You've messed up!

Post by Nigelbilt »

It’s just like anything else in life, someone else will step up their game and fill his spot, people will stop caring that he doesn’t make mods anymore and life will go on.

If the guy wants to quit just let him quit. Blaming GIANTS and whoever is just an excuse.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Agree wholeheartedly with Nigelbilt!

That being said though, why is this community so quick to blame Giants and modders, but rarely (if ever) ourselves (in the collective sense)? Not exactly enticing or incentivizing for the developers/modders... For once, I would like to see someone step up and acknowledge that they "went too far" in criticizing or demanding something from Giants and/or modders...
markare

Post by markare »

Cmdrbyron that will never happen. People love to lay the blame elsewhere but never admit to themselves being in the wrong sadly.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Unfortunately that's just the way the world is now
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Ehh, whatever. I buy Farming Simulator for the core experience, mods are great but they're icing on the cake. If someone gets their feelings hurt and doesn't want to contribute, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.
heyimbill.com
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Hopefully, some things may get resolved in FS19, for instance, if you could rate a model on the game mod page, there would be a more precise rating for a model.
But all in all, I would say that Giants are being quite fair, keeping mods that could potentially course problems in the beta section. What is wrong with that? It gives you the best of both worlds, you still get the chance the download a well-detailed mod and you know where to look if you're game slows down to a crawl. sounds like a win-win to me!
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Turbojugend wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:48 pm Ehh, whatever. I buy Farming Simulator for the core experience, mods are great but they're icing on the cake. If someone gets their feelings hurt and doesn't want to contribute, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you, if it was not for the moders this game would have lasted about two months max!
and if it was not for this game the moders would only have limited platforms to show their talent to there full potential
They both need each other to survive, that's why FS17 is still the number one Farm Simulator, and while they both work together, it will stay that way.
markare

Post by markare »

I need to disagree with that one. Fs15 didn't have mods for consoles and lasted a long time and still gets played. Almost all games for consoles don't have access to mods and are still running strong. Mods aren't the be all and end all of a game. I personally feel that mod access is overwhelming at times and can take away from the game. Since so many mods became available I have spent less time on FS17 than I did on 15. I've had 17 since the day of release and only had 15 for around 7 months before the release of 17. I still go back to 15 more than I do 17 these days
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The Farming Simulator franchise does not need mods to survive. FS17 is the number one farming sim because GIANTS are by far the best developers in this genre atm.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pmThey both need each other to survive
Sorry, but not even close to true.
heyimbill.com
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

markare wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:23 pm I need to disagree with that one. Fs15 didn't have mods for consoles and lasted a long time and still gets played. Almost all games for consoles don't have access to mods and are still running strong. Mods aren't the be all and end all of a game. I personally feel that mod access is overwhelming at times and can take away from the game. Since so many mods became available I have spent less time on FS17 than I did on 15. I've had 17 since the day of release and only had 15 for around 7 months before the release of 17. I still go back to 15 more than I do 17 these days
Your right, there not much good for consoles but this game started out on the PC, NOT consoles and the PC has scripted mods, and they make a BIG difference to how the game plays. You only get half the games potential on a console.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Turbojugend wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm
j_maybury wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pmThey both need each other to survive
Sorry, but not even close to true.
In what way?.............. enlighten me if you can!
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The most obvious reason is because there is a huge demand for farming simulators. The amount of copies FS17 sold and the hype for C & C and Pure Farming show this. So because there is a huge demand and GIANTS are by far the best developers in the genre and putting out the best product in the genre, it is pretty safe to say the Farming simulator franchise in its stock form is more than healthy. They are the top dog for a reason.

Objectively bad games don’t survive just because of mods. Most games that are only ok don’t survive just because of mods. Modders tend to want to mod for great games because there is a demand and their creation will reach eyeballs.

Saying FS wouldn’t survive without modders is pretty insulting to the development team at GIANTS. You are basically telling them their game *censored*.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Nigelbilt wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm The most obvious reason is because there is a huge demand for farming simulators. The amount of copies FS17 sold and the hype for C & C and Pure Farming show this. So because there is a huge demand and GIANTS are by far the best developers in the genre and putting out the best product in the genre, it is pretty safe to say the Farming simulator franchise in its stock form is more than healthy. They are the top dog for a reason.

Objectively bad games don’t survive just because of mods. Most games that are only ok don’t survive just because of mods. Modders tend to want to mod for great games because there is a demand and their creation will reach eyeballs.

Saying FS wouldn’t survive without modders is pretty insulting to the development team at GIANTS. You are basically telling them their game *censored*.
Not true, This game would have died back in 2008 if the modding community did not latch on, and filled out the game you are forgetting that PC scripted mods are far more than just a tractor they are mods that flesh out the game, one example would be the seasons mod, just because you don't get such items does not mean you can discount them.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Why wouldn’t I get such items? And how am I discounting them?

Do you have any evidence or data to support your theory that FS “would have died” in 2008? It just seems you are saying things just to say them.