I honestly hope we do not see deform-able ground in FS19

Nigelbilt

Re: I honestly hope we do not see deform-able ground in FS19

Post by Nigelbilt »

C & C does it pretty good
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I've never had an issue with the system the way it is, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Then if it came down to deformable terrain or more crops/equipment I will take the crops and equipment every time. Game play first and graphics come in near the bottom of the list of what makes a game good.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Nigelbilt wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:38 pm C & C does it pretty good
Do you have a game? Just curious .Would like to hear honest opinion. On Steam it is only 70 reviews . From fun boys mostly.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Ya. It’s pretty impressive for being an early access title. It is still pretty much a demo and A LOT of work still needs to be done but it shows tremendous potential.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I think some people are confused on what I mean. A layer mask on top of a field for 3d plowing is ok in my book and would not affect performance so much which is basically what ST and C&C use, unless i missed a demo of C&C where they dig down. ST works by using a preset of how the terrain will work, do you leave ruts yes, but not in a way that would count as deformation, its basically an illusion. What everyone thinks they want is a malleable layer that you can dig all across the map and change hills into planes and things like that. While one is completely achievable and has been since like 2013 or longer the other is not, or I should say not well. If you take a look at a map in the GE you will see the terrain as a file click it and select wireframe, that wire frame is what you would be asking the engine to update every time you drive over it, the area of deformable ground is defined by each square in that wireframe, to make this effect realistic and not look like garbage would would have to make each square many times smaller, which take up the processing power and that is where the snag is. FS19 will be set around the LS4 and XBONE processing power for all maps that are standard, and no im not making this a console bash, they need the extra market so good on them, so that limits what can be implemented on the back end for us PC players and its not really an issue until you want to start doing more extreme things like I stated above.

I would welcome ST ground effects as I think those would add a lot to the game in the fields with little impact. You just have to remember that ST maps and pretty small, they just feel big because you are moving slow, i think they are 1km2 squared if memory serves and GCV is 4km2 or 2kx2k(i think thats right I just know its bigger by a lot), so having a big FS map with the same effect would be pretty hard on a system even if it is lighter weight.

I think we will just have to see what they do. I just hope its for the best and not for the bandwagon.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

C & C is the best of the rest, but the thing looks a bit toy townish, there's no dirt mod but the ploughing is passable but only just the game reminds me of the old SF13 days when the mods were so unstable that the slightest knock would send them flying into space. for me, the game needs some more work doing to it, see what you think to the ploughing, in this video... https://youtu.be/pVOmRffSFZ4
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Nigelbilt wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:03 am Ya. It’s pretty impressive for being an early access title. It is still pretty much a demo and A LOT of work still needs to be done but it shows tremendous potential.
OK. I'l wait and see how it goes. Price is high in my opinion. But if they come with solid game I will get it.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 am
C & C is the best of the rest, but the thing looks a bit toy townish, there's no dirt mod but the ploughing is passable but only just the game reminds me of the old SF13 days when the mods were so unstable that the slightest knock would send them flying into space. for me, the game needs some more work doing to it, see what you think to the ploughing, in this video... https://youtu.be/pVOmRffSFZ4
Ha, ha. Remember that flying front loader tractor on delivery missions in FS 13? Sure I am not missing that one. Can not understand why people complain about FS 17 missions and want deliveries back.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Just do what spin tire did, but less
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
C04L

Post by C04L »

Morning Everyone, Imo Tbh the Giants maps..and some mod makers build their maps almost pretty perfectly.. I feel no need to mess with the actual ground typicaly.

There is only one instance that urges me to want such a mechanic ingame and that is when i want to place a object such as a large structure (vehicle barn or silo's that are like buildings) these tend to not fit on the uneven ground where i want to place them. it looks uneven and breaks my immersion(OCD) everytime i pass.

A solution i always thought would work in this case would be the option the tell the 'shop' to flatten the ground where it is placed.
there are games out there that do that, but i suppose there is quite a bit to take into consideration when codeing this type of terain altering.

For me, failing this option i'd just like to see more flat areas on a map that are in convenient places for me to place large objects..
Loving FS no matter, thanks
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

C04L wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:49 am Morning Everyone, Imo Tbh the Giants maps..and some mod makers build their maps almost pretty perfectly.. I feel no need to mess with the actual ground typicaly.

There is only one instance that urges me to want such a mechanic ingame and that is when i want to place a object such as a large structure (vehicle barn or silo's that are like buildings) these tend to not fit on the uneven ground where i want to place them. it looks uneven and breaks my immersion(OCD) everytime i pass.

A solution i always thought would work in this case would be the option the tell the 'shop' to flatten the ground where it is placed.
there are games out there that do that, but i suppose there is quite a bit to take into consideration when codeing this type of terain altering.

For me, failing this option i'd just like to see more flat areas on a map that are in convenient places for me to place large objects..
Loving FS no matter, thanks

Ground deformation and ground leveling are two different things. Ground deformation would be leaving ruts in wet areas or after a heavy rain. Which kills it for me driving through a creek like it's pavement
XBOX/ FS22
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Whatever happens, I hope that Giants let us know in the news reports if they think it is feasible at this time or not, but at least I hope they give it a try.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

It seems like a good idea in theory but wouldn't the mud mix with crops and stuff you tip onto the ground?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Krd1749 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:08 pm It seems like a good idea in theory but wouldn't the mud mix with crops and stuff you tip onto the ground?
I've not thought about that! If the tip anywhere add-on was to be sacrificed for ground deformation, then I would have to question whether it was worth it, I don't want to lose the tip anywhere mod, it is too good to lose. For now, I would just like to see multi-directional textures like the one's Bullet Bill made for Coldborough Park Farm, instead of the tractor ploughing in one direction and the plough lines going in another direction, It sort of kills the immersion for me.

I am guessing that the Console players don't get the more realistic mods like we do, which would make the game *censored* for me, but if they where to be built into the main game engine then the Console players may see a vast improvement.