grass fields turning into crops

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
VRF

grass fields turning into crops

Post by VRF »

So when i make a grass field in giants editor i turn on fs and i see sugar beets. help pls
masseyharris

Re: grass fields turning into crops

Post by masseyharris »

Are you sure you own the fields? If they are owned by NPC they might be planted with another crop when you go into game.

You can add ownedByPlayer attribute (true/false), or also fieldJobUsageAllowed attribute (true/false) is a good option.
VRF

Post by VRF »

masseyharris wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 am Are you sure you own the fields? If they are owned by NPC they might be planted with another crop when you go into game.

You can add ownedByPlayer attribute (true/false), or also fieldJobUsageAllowed attribute (true/false) is a good option.
i want the field to be grass but i also don't want to own it. Is there another way ? I might try the fieldJobUsageAllowed thing if there is no other way.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I'm pretty sure that setting fieldJobUsageAllowed to 'false' will keep whatever crop you've planted in GE. Not sure how that's affected if the player is using Seasons.
Playing on PC
VRF

Post by VRF »

hpmc13 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:51 pm I'm pretty sure that setting fieldJobUsageAllowed to 'false' will keep whatever crop you've planted in GE. Not sure how that's affected if the player is using Seasons.
okay thanks
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

fieldJobUsageAllowed works the same in Seasons, so no problem there. I don't know of another way of doing this, so I think it's a choice between owning the field and put what you want there, or don't own it and use fieldJobUsageAllowed=false

Oh and one more option - don't create a field - just paint grass on it. You can still use the 'create field' option with a plough if you decide to, but that's probably not such a good option as there would be no cost for using the land.