Oregon Springs

niggle44

Oregon Springs

Post by niggle44 »

Have just started this map and have had an issue feeding the cows - I cannot get any other vehicle than a feed wagon to unload silage into the feeding area or feed to unload at night. Any one else have this ?. I have tried loading wagons and trailers but so far only the dedicated feed wagons seem to work (grass feed point no problems).
vondeylenfarms

Re: Oregon Springs

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Love the map but hate the fences along the driveway..big equipment is hard to maneuver...I have not started cows yet so I can't help yuh
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Love the map been waiting on a American map
averydan

Post by averydan »

I love it!! The grain silos, new buildings and the overall designs are fantastic. The only thing that seems a little off to me is the highway width. Not sure if it feels to be to scale with the equipment or not. No big deal at all. Amazing American map feel.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
Sixx

Post by Sixx »

averydan wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 pm I love it!! The grain silos, new buildings and the overall designs are fantastic. The only thing that seems a little off to me is the highway width. Not sure if it feels to be to scale with the equipment or not. No big deal at all. Amazing American map feel.
I agree, My Valtra S seems to take up both lanes. Lots of head-ons
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Highway width is spot on for rural highways here in the US (at least in the southeast, may be wider out west). It's perfect. Now if the traffic could be told that farmers have the right-of-way as they do in the US, it would be great. Lol. The AI traffic does make moving big equipment a bit tricky, but that's often the case here with real traffic as well.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

is anyone having issues with missions on fields 12,13,6 and 14 all show there ready to harvest on menu map but the npc farmer isn't offering any mission's but field 5 does on xbox.
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

ace54858 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 pm is anyone having issues with missions on fields 12,13,6 and 14 all show there ready to harvest on menu map but the npc farmer isn't offering any mission's but field 5 does on xbox.
Hey Ace, the map creator explains in the map description that only field 5 has missions because it's the only field that is regularly shaped and worker friendly. I'm not sure why one thing causes the other but I'm no map designer.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

traveler87 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:46 pm
ace54858 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 pm is anyone having issues with missions on fields 12,13,6 and 14 all show there ready to harvest on menu map but the npc farmer isn't offering any mission's but field 5 does on xbox.
Hey Ace, the map creator explains in the map description that only field 5 has missions because it's the only field that is regularly shaped and worker friendly. I'm not sure why one thing causes the other but I'm no map designer.
ok thanks, will say that really doesn't make sense lol as what does workers have to do with missions. a lot of what is posted on mod's tend's to get cut off in the description on xbox at least.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I think it was in the West Coast thread that bulletbill explained about the problems with setting up missions on irregular shaped fields.
In short, the field is defined by square blocks, for purposes of calculating the mission progress, so if you have a field with acute angles or curves, it would require hundreds of tiny squares to be individually defined for the game to run the mission.
Given the huge amount of work that goes into making a map, it's easy to see why it's only viable to have missions on (reasonably) regularly shaped fields.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Chad

Post by Chad »

Not normally a fan of irregular shaped fields, but I'm giving this map a try! Very generous amount of acres you start with. I didn't even notice we own field 15 for hours lol. Does anyone know the field sizes for our starting fields?
dlord

Post by dlord »

Chad wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:39 am Not normally a fan of irregular shaped fields, but I'm giving this map a try! Very generous amount of acres you start with. I didn't even notice we own field 15 for hours lol. Does anyone know the field sizes for our starting fields?
31 ha give or take a few for the four starting feilds combined according to stats page.
Xbox One
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

Some nice sized fields on this map! Combined 13-14-15 and 30-31-32. 😆

Kinda need the Big Bud.
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I am enjoying this map thus far. Not been into a US map since Goldcrest when I was on PS4. It is big and open but the terrain is not dead flat, there are crests and hills etc.

My only criticism are the roads are a little narrow and courseplay has bit of a crisis running routes with traffic enabled.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Bladerunner92

"OREGON Springs 17"

Post by Bladerunner92 »

This Map is pretty sweet! Thank you and you did a great job on this map(who ever developed it). 👍