Other Farming Sims

FarmerJimbob

Re: Other Farming Sims

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:08 pm
Considering the experience of Giants on the FS series and "farming simulation", I'm not expecting any serious competition. Not now not ever. Because, it would take a very long time for any other developer to create and advance a farming simulation game that can truly compete with FS as almost every develpoer in the business is new to "farming simulation" compared to Giants. So, I really cannot imagine a developer willing to put enough money and work force along with some years juts to go that route. Unless Giants makes a couple of serious mistakes it is basically almost impossible for other developers to compete with FS series. What I say is highly debatable I know but you cannot just catch up with a 15 years of experience in just a couple of years and versions.

Besides, I really don't think Giants need competetion to give us the best they can. Imho, they do their best all the time. Sure they also make mistakes but who doesn't? And compared to what they give those mistakes or features that should have already been in FS17 are just nothing.
Playing catch-up is easier than being the pioneer. Pure Farming is closer to FS17 than any of the previous FS incarnations so there is every chance for a competitor to enter the market and catch the leader. Can't see a downside, Pure Farming becoming a good farming game in no way impugns FS17 or Giants.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm It is called trademark infringement and it causes exactly that. Other people confusing you with someone else.
No, it really isn't. Its a name - people refer to me as Jimbob IRL hence my username on here which I created before I was aware of someone using the tag Jimbob Plays Games on YT creating farming simulator videos. Get over yourself.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:29 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm It is called trademark infringement and it causes exactly that. Other people confusing you with someone else.
No, it really isn't. Its a name - people refer to me as Jimbob IRL hence my username on here which I created before I was aware of someone using the tag Jimbob Plays Games on YT creating farming simulator videos. Get over yourself.
Ohh no... Sorry. Really. I though I used the emojis but somehow they didn't show up. I was just joking. Besides it is not even a trade mark. Jeez. Really sorry :biggrin2: :hi:
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:35 pm Ohh no... Sorry. Really. I though I used the emojis but somehow they didn't show up. I was just joking. Besides it is not even a trade mark. Jeez. Really sorry :biggrin2: :hi:
Fair dos, apologies for over reacting - I was distracted as I read your post and put the wrong tone onto it *thumbsup*
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You didn't do anything wrong. Anybody should undertand the same thing :biggrin2: this was all on me. But it is amazing to see how much of an effect emojis have on the internet. Can transform any sentence from laughter to murder :lol:
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Oh I thought you were him
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 pm But it is amazing to see how much of an effect emojis have on the internet. Can transform any sentence from laughter to murder :lol:
So true :lol:
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 pmPure Farming has some issues, especially noticeable when you've put as many hours into the FS series as I have, but its a 1st generation product and day 2 of being live. A lot of what is buggy with it at the moment can be patched, thankfully even on consoles these days, so its not the finished product yet. It has a lot of concepts which are really good and would add enhance the FS series, some need a bit of polishing but that will come. I'm only a small number of hours into it but so far I believe it was well worth the ticket price and worth experiencing a different take on farm simulation.
This is my take as well. There are a lot of neat implementations in PF18, where it suffers is in performance, at least on PS4. On my PS4 Pro with Boost Mode enabled, it's a bit rough watching a game as simple as this struggle to maintain 30fps, hopefully this is an issue that can be addressed with continued dev support. The color palette also looks rather dull and washed out, although maybe this was an intended effect.

Other than that, Pure Farming 2018 is a decent first effort. I'm glad I bought it, which is more than I can say for Professional Farmer 17.
heyimbill.com
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

For $40 bucks I would say pure farmer was worth it but because I’ve played fs for so long idk how long I’ll be playing it after I get the plat trophy pure farming can defiantly push giants which is a good thing but they’ve gotta lotta catch up work to do I want giants to not let them catch up and keep pushing the limits of was farming simulators can do
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Competition is good. It forces developers to be innovative and put more into each new version.

Now the current and projected FS competition is much better than it has been in the past. And if Giants just reskinned FS17 and slapped seasons into the base game and called it FS19, they could be shooting themselves in the foot. W/o competition, we would all jump on a reskinned FS17 and be happy. With the current competition, I think we all expect and want more than that. And it very much seems Giants won't be letting us down.
PC gamer.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

PF18 just received a patch on PS4. The number of improvements are extensive, too long to list in this thread. Hopefully this level of support continues and we end up with another great farming sim. Performance is still sluggish, the main thing this game is missing is optimization/support for PS4 Pro/Xbox 1 X in my opinion. I may inquire the devs to see if they plan on adding this.
heyimbill.com
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

So does PF add or do anything new or improved that FS does not? Specifically more agronomy, more management, more challenges to overcome with management or strategy is what I am wondering about. In my opinion FS hits the gameplay, graphics, and equipment simulation out of the park and I don't really know how anyone could do those parts better (other than maybe AI drivers who weren't so confused so often :lol: ) However they still have lots of room for growth simulating the management details of farm operations. Does PF do anything down those lines?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

that black JCB on Pure Farming looks good.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

DirectCedar wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:56 pm So does PF add or do anything new or improved that FS does not? Specifically more agronomy, more management, more challenges to overcome with management or strategy is what I am wondering about. In my opinion FS hits the gameplay, graphics, and equipment simulation out of the park and I don't really know how anyone could do those parts better (other than maybe AI drivers who weren't so confused so often :lol: ) However they still have lots of room for growth simulating the management details of farm operations. Does PF do anything down those lines?
PF18 does a lot that FS (currently) does not, so much that it feels like a whole new game in some aspects and not just another FS ripoff. There are new crops, new management strategies, even entirely new gameplay modes. Where PF18 lacks is gameplay execution (it's decent enough but nowhere near the brilliance that is FS17), and performance, at least on consoles. Whereas FS17 maintains a smooth 60fps on my PS4 Pro, PF18 struggles to reach 30fps. It's really jarring if you're used to the smoothness and fluidity of current console games.
heyimbill.com
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Pf18 has a more managerial feel to me than fs does but I personally am sad with the garage size but fs started about the same way too pf has promise but I think I’ll alwasy love fs more than any other farming game