Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

FarmingRemasterd

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

nobody knows, Giants has not said anything so.... just wait and see i guess. it would be cool though.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I think it is possible if they introduce some form of "loading" between the sections of map like it was done in Fallout 4.
PS5 / FS22
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

Will fs19 have logging in it i haven't heard anything about logging so I was just wondering
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

More than likely, I don't see th taking that feature out
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I don’t think I’ve put more than two hours into logging anywhere in fs but I still don’t want them to take it out I think games should always try to add and never subtract from what they have
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

oh right, taxman should be included in fs19
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Don't worry too much about the graphics. FS17 does great in that aspect, I'm more interested in gameplay and the like.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

^Exactly! I want things fixed like collisions and physics for logs, clipping of crops through the vehicle, rubberbanding of tools on vehicles, loss of frame rates near forrest areas, etc...
PS4 Farmer
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm I think it is possible if they introduce some form of "loading" between the sections of map like it was done in Fallout 4.
I might have an idea of what you're referring to but am not familiar with Fallout 4. There was a feature in the first Assassins Creed game that transitioned to an adjacent area of the map when reaching a certain place on a road.

If this what I'm thinking of, I have thought about this before as well. Would certainly help expand console maps several times larger. The transition could become annoying if a lot of travel takes place and loading intervals take too long.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:36 amThere was a feature in the first Assassins Creed game that transitioned to an adjacent area of the map when reaching a certain place on a road.
Similar to that yes. But may be Giants can find a way through optimizations without doing that.
PS5 / FS22
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

One of the key features of Farming Simulator is that you can operate multiple fields all over the map at the same time. And for this you need to be able to almost instantly switch between any place on the map. Having loading screens is therefore not an option. It obviously has quite some drawbacks, as we can really stream in a lot data as most other games do and thus we are limited in the size of the world and how many details we can put it. Nevertheless we're always optimizing and are trying to get as much as possible within this limitation.

In regards to wood cutting, this feature will of course be in FS19 too. Generally you can expect that we won't drop any of the major features we have in FS17 and we're only adding new stuff (or replace existing stuff with new/better things)
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'd imagine that would require a lot of processing, everything would have to be loaded from vehicles to crops to bales etc.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the explanation Stegei :hi:
Tbh, I was also thinking do we really need bigger maps?
At first, the idea of having bigger maps felt intriguing but when I thought thoroughly I figured that I have never owned all the fields in any map or even felt the need for it.
Those players, they always want things that they don't even know what to do with :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

RODHA wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am Thank you for the explanation Stegei :hi:
Tbh, I was also thinking do we really need bigger maps?
At first, the idea of having bigger maps felt intriguing but when I thought thoroughly I figured that I have never owned all the fields in any map or even felt the need for it.
Those players, they always want things that they don't even know what to do with :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Those trying to replicate real life areas sometimes need slightly bigger than the standard map sizes. A map I want to make needs about 3km square, so I'd have to use a 4x map if I want to make it properly (ideally a 3x map would be ideal, but currently that's not possible).

You can scale the area you need, but then some fields can just be too small to be realistic. I believe BulletBill's upcoming Lone Oak is about 2/3 of the real scale, but the majority of the fields on that are larger than most European fields, so it will probably still feel real.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Thanks for the heads up on the map switching. I didn't take into consideration the multi activity aspect.