Oakfield farm and Courseplay

gentfarmer

Oakfield farm and Courseplay

Post by gentfarmer »

Courseplay is only detecting 4 fields edge paths (9,10, 34) on the Oakfield Farm map even with Courseplay set to detect all fields.
Field 13, which is owned is not detected.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I know I can drive around the field and generate a field edge but field 13 has an island which complicates things.
PC user
Lostfarmer6474

Re: Oakfield farm and Courseplay

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Because shape of the fields. You can detect it manually . It what I did with FS15 , when I used course play .
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If you park well inside the field's boundaries and click "calculate field's edge path" a blue line should appear around the field edge, and you'll have another line in the courseplay window which you can use to select the field number, and add the edge path to the list.
Certain fields can be a bit finicky if you are too near the edge when you try to calculate it, but it seems to work if you're a couple of tractor lengths into the field.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 pm Because shape of the fields. You can detect it manually . It what I did with FS15 , when I used course play .
I believe it's because of where the field marker is (on the island). The field markers have all been moved for the update (it's been sent to Giants) which should correct this.

I believe there are some other fields which have this issue, but I can't remember which off the top of my head.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:02 pm
Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 pm Because shape of the fields. You can detect it manually . It what I did with FS15 , when I used course play .
I believe it's because of where the field marker is (on the island). The field markers have all been moved for the update (it's been sent to Giants) which should correct this.

I believe there are some other fields which have this issue, but I can't remember which off the top of my head.
This. It’s a known issue with 13, as well as 2, I believe and a few others. It’s been fixed in the update that should be in the testing queue with Giants.

To try and help, I hereby submit a bit of blatant copy and paste of the issues addressed in 1.0.0.1, straight from Oxygendavid in the support thread over at fs-uk.com:
1 Fields not showing up on courseplay fixed.

2 Floating tree at stables. Fixed.

3 Tweaks to the snow mask to show all triggers.

4 Black hedge at pig farm fixed.

5 New improved fps script.

6 Added animated door in the green shed next to silage clamp.

7 fixed gold nugget at empire stores.

8 Tweaks to some building lods

9 Tweaked the wool spawn point so will help with spawn issues.

10 fixed grass showing on pda map when some fields were cultivated

11 fixed green bin in lavender forest

12 Totally new improved unique real textures for all the multi fruit fillplanes along with new huds for lime and compost. (made by Kimg)

13 Realistic prices and yields for each multi fruit making them more interesting. (this_is_gav)

14 Changed the price of selling compost to a more realistic price

15 tyre floating near a small tin shed fixed

16 interactive zone markers can now be turned off in your game settings

At the moment no new save game will be needed.
I believe the update was submitted for testing mid-February or so, so hopefully it will be making it’s way to us soon.
gentfarmer

Post by gentfarmer »

Thanks parad0x177, I will await the update before attacking the other odd-shaped fields I own.
PC user
reider

Post by reider »

TBH I had the same problem and just saved a Course after I recorded the outside perimeter. But first off I opened the editor and got rid of the trees in the middle, too much messing about to cut them down and cart away. I got rid of the grass and stuff from the middle too. Then went into the map inworld and ploughed (plowed) the whole field. I got rid of trees from other fields at the same time. I mean, any most any farmer would get rid of them and make it an open field anyway. Now it's no problem at all to do the field with any job by loading the Course then generating the procedure, finally I save it. I save with Course Fxx, Seed Fxx, Plow Fxx, Cultivate Fxx names so it's easy to work out. Sometimes using Seed F13 L to denote large seeder, I do this on every map I use. If nothing else it helps with my short term memory loss due to meds.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

gentfarmer wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am Thanks parad0x177, I will await the update before attacking the other odd-shaped fields I own.
No problemm; glad I could help. I just checked the in-testing thread and Oakfield is on the list, so maybe it won’t be a headache much longer!
pvajko

Post by pvajko »

reider wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:30 am But first off I opened the editor and got rid of the trees in the middle, too much messing about to cut them down and cart away.
No need to get rid of the trees, Courseplay can handle those just fine.
reider

Post by reider »

pvajko wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:54 am
reider wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:30 am But first off I opened the editor and got rid of the trees in the middle, too much messing about to cut them down and cart away.
No need to get rid of the trees, Courseplay can handle those just fine.
Their is a problem! When using Courseplay it does all the field but the bit in the middle of the field is classed as the same ground as the outer perimeter of the field. No farmer would leave those trees in the middle, they would cut them down. I saved cutting them down by using the editor. Then I had to set the plow to specifically plow up that area. From then on Courseplay did the whole field including the area where the trees were.

If you want the trees in the middle then of course there is no problem with Courseplay. If like me you want rid of the trees then yes there is a problem until you remove them. It's all about choice, we all have different needs and choices to make. In the real world the farmer may leave the trees, equally as well he may wish to fell them. Their is no one need/rule that fits all here.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

reider wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am Their is a problem! When using Courseplay it does all the field but the bit in the middle of the field is classed as the same ground as the outer perimeter of the field. No farmer would leave those trees in the middle, they would cut them down. I saved cutting them down by using the editor. Then I had to set the plow to specifically plow up that area. From then on Courseplay did the whole field including the area where the trees were.
Given that this is a field in real life (the PDA is a satellite image from Google Earth) then clearly not all farmers would cut the trees down. Similar islands also feature in fields 1, 2, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 24, 26, 30, 33, 35, 47 and 48 in real life.

In real life field 13 actually has two islands.

Here is the location on Google Maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.84059 ... a=!3m1!1e3 and Bing Maps https://binged.it/2FNQnOu
reider

Post by reider »

It doesn't matter what it has, it's a personal choice. As a farmer he/she makes that choice. My choice is to open up the field and I have done so. If others wish to leave it that is up to them. I also turned back on some of the fields set for no missions. I can correct the problems where the crop goes across roads and fences, into trees etc by putting a defined grass verge around and setting the new course for the field in Courseplay. This offers more income from more fields instead of the small amount available. I wish Giants would do something about this problem. I scouted around a full field and it had a defined grass verge all the way around with the crop meeting up to the verge itself. As soon as the missions were turned on the crop crossed the verge and went across roads and fences into the woods. But I can tidy that all up and set a new course easily and in a short time. Choices, that's what it's all about.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Farmers don't always have a choice about whether to leave a tree/trees in a field. Trees are often protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO), making it an offence to trim, fell, uproot, damage or destroy the tree, or to permit any of the above, with a maximum fine of £20,000, or an unlimited fine in serious cases.
You need to get written consent from the local authority before carrying out any work on a tree with a TPO, and they are a very difficult thing to get around once they are put in place.
None of this applies to the game, of course, but I thought it was worth pointing out.
I quite like the occasional tree in the middle of a field, it adds to the realism IMO, although I'm always on the lookout for trees near a field edge which can be harvested to make the field bigger.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc