FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mcatalyst

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am With as much work as you have done on updating the map have you considered releasing it as a remastered version or renamed so that it could be downloaded as a separate map than the original map?
I'll have to check with giants to see if that is allowed.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:01 am My question here is...braces under the long bridge?
Yes.Just have enough space for the farm equipment to pass under.Map looks great.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

Lookin good!
PS4 Farmer
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

That looks amazing! I really like how under the braces there’s a little dirt around the base. The little things! Lol. So I’m not sure if it’s been answered but I’d imagine this map is planned on being converted over to FS19 @mcatalyst?
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm That looks amazing! I really like how under the braces there’s a little dirt around the base. The little things! Lol. So I’m not sure if it’s been answered but I’d imagine this map is planned on being converted over to FS19 @mcatalyst?
Going to attempt to. not sure what the process is yet of course but that is the plan.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm Image
Looks good to me!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Looks good. Really curious of the new map layout. With as much work you have done I'm sure you had to edit the terrain a good bit. Will there be the same amount of trees to cut? Also have you looked into or considered the block cut layout anymore?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:59 pm Looks good. Really curious of the new map layout. With as much work you have done I'm sure you had to edit the terrain a good bit. Will there be the same amount of trees to cut? Also have you looked into or considered the block cut layout anymore?
Most of the map is the same other than the road areas and the farm area that you see in the pictures. I had to remove the trees temporarily to be able to have decent speed to edit all the roads in. I still have to test it but I think I can just copy the xml code back in for the trees so everything is still in place and then I'd just need to adjust/remove trees according to the new terrain and objects. If the xml code doesn't work then I'll have to re-generate the trees on the map again which at that point I would grab the trees from Jade Mountain since those are more clean.

I tried to get the fence idea working but its a no go with the buyable mechanic. Once the trees are back in place I'll look into permanently marked trees but no promises on the cut block setup yet.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:16 pm
McClung wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am With as much work as you have done on updating the map have you considered releasing it as a remastered version or renamed so that it could be downloaded as a separate map than the original map?
I'll have to check with giants to see if that is allowed.

Jan-Hendrik Pfitzner (GIANTS Software)
2018-03-16 16:42h
Sorry for the late answer, which is quite short:
Regrettably no, this is not possible. You can write a message into your description, if you would like to do warn everyone about it.
-------------

So the First thing on the change log will be the warning about having to start over.
Curly484

Post by Curly484 »

Shame you couldn't just upload a update with just new lumber mill with crane and snow mask. Then the full update with animals and other stuff.
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

I repeat again. I do not like your edits. Destroy the spirit of the map.
All you have to do is add a snow mask and repair the trees. That's what you promised at the beginning. Current status is no longer a FDR map ... you should not have the right to publish it as "update".
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
markare

Post by markare »

The have every right since its their own map and they have changed stuff on the original mod so yes it is an update. If you don't like something don't use it, don't take the update when it's released and play on the version you have now. But telling a Modder what they should do with their own ideas and mods is a bit disrespectful. If they didn't do the map in the first place how would you have been able to play it??? Remember maps are whet Modders want to bring to the game, Ida s they would like to see implemented. If you don't agree with what they are doing that's fine but try not be disrespectful to them about it. Time and effort has gone into the mod for little to no rewards, your comment is what makes Modders stop releasing stuff for the community. Try Modding for yourself, release it to the public and see how you feel with the disrespectful comments. I gaurentee you won't like them one bit and will make you feel like Modding isn't worth the hassle
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Guil

Post by Guil »

Crossed wires markare, mcatalyst is updating the maps for console with the permission of FDR iirc.he didn't create them.
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

Pacific Inlet Logging is a wildlife. The player's task is to conquer the wilderness and fertilize it.
Mr. MC did not understand the original idea of FDR. Now there are cows, asphalt roads and other things that are on hundreds of other maps. Why is it creating another of many and destroying the original? Why?
OK - if you do not mind my disapproval, let me just praise you. I just gave my opinion. Honestly. I do not want cows or bridges in the wilderness.
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.