Multiplayer issues with the dedicated server and also the MP key.

SK_Caterpilar_SK

Multiplayer issues with the dedicated server and also the MP key.

Post by SK_Caterpilar_SK »

So I wanted to host a game from my pc as a Dedicated server due to some inconveniences while having the entire game being ran at my pc limiting me computing power wise a lot more than a ded server. I have created the server correctly I cant confirm if it was running or not but I tryed to connect to the server from the same PC with the game from the same exact folder as the ded server was running. Before I could confirm that the ded server is running or connect to it, it just told me that my product key is temporarily blocked/disabled. How long that "temporarily" does take and also do i really have to have a another key if i want a ded server running from the same pc as I usually play from when I also want to play on my server with my friends and host the dedserver that were gona play from ??
Guil

Re: Multiplayer issues with the dedicated server and also the MP key.

Post by Guil »

Yes unless you rent a dedicated server from one of the providers then you need a separate licence key to run the server yourself.
SK_Caterpilar_SK

Post by SK_Caterpilar_SK »

then what is the reason they include the ded server option...it just makes no sense then
Guil

Post by Guil »

I have no idea but that's the way it is.