Why the new slot system - explained

FordFarmer97

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by FordFarmer97 »

OaklandFarms wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am I understand the slot system but we’re talking about buying one tractor that could be for example 32 slots that means you have 32 slots that are currently used for this one piece of machinery. In my opinion this slot system is worthless. I love to have a farm with different variant of tractors but if I can only have one brand what’s the use in even okaying farm sim
Isn't worthless, it's logical. The more detailed a tractor is, the more slots it takes
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

Stegei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:54 am The problem is, that the map in FS17 already uses about twice as much memory as the map in FS15. Also most of the vehicles are much more detailed and some use about twice as much memory as well. Also because of the mod system and the larger amount of available vehicles in the base game, the slot system needs to be more conservative, since we need be absolutely sure, that any possible combination will always fit in the available memory. For FS15, there was approx. enough memory to just keep any vehicle in memory, so we basically only needed to make sure that the per-instance memory (which is quite low compared to the base memory used per vehicle type) didn't use up all of the remaining memory. For FS17, this unfortunately is no longer the case. Buying all vehicles just once, would use more than the available memory. We will however continue to investigate if we can further optimize the slot system, to allow you to buy more vehicles.
Then why should any of us buy FS19 for the PS4? If system resources limit us in how much equipment we can buy in the game because of graphic detail and it eating up RAM, you're about to release a new game that has even higher graphic detail. So logic tells me that's going to limit us even more for FS19 based on that logic.

How about explaining that? I think this explanation just gave all of us console users a legit reason not to buy FS19.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Optimization will probably mean it can run just as good as fs17 on current consoles.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Wonder if having more stuff as a optional download would help.. Like mods kind of. Have some packs for download. Because alot of the stuff I'm sure people won't even use. Would free up memory
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm
OaklandFarms wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am I understand the slot system but we’re talking about buying one tractor that could be for example 32 slots that means you have 32 slots that are currently used for this one piece of machinery. In my opinion this slot system is worthless. I love to have a farm with different variant of tractors but if I can only have one brand what’s the use in even okaying farm sim
Isn't worthless, it's logical. The more detailed a tractor is, the more slots it takes
Sometimes. The Komfort Buher(not correct spelling) takes 14. And some of tbe tippers like the West and Gilibert only use.2 slots while something like the skip using 7 or so. And the seed tender using 1. Hows that even possible?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 pm
FordFarmer97 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm
Sometimes. The Komfort Buher(not correct spelling) takes 14. And some of tbe tippers like the West and Gilibert only use.2 slots while something like the skip using 7 or so. And the seed tender using 1. Hows that even possible?
I was also wondering about that with the lowloaders in fs17, the simple ones even as mods need more slots than the goldhofer which is very detailed and is divisible.
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm
Stegei wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:54 am The problem is, that the map in FS17 already uses about twice as much memory as the map in FS15. Also most of the vehicles are much more detailed and some use about twice as much memory as well. Also because of the mod system and the larger amount of available vehicles in the base game, the slot system needs to be more conservative, since we need be absolutely sure, that any possible combination will always fit in the available memory. For FS15, there was approx. enough memory to just keep any vehicle in memory, so we basically only needed to make sure that the per-instance memory (which is quite low compared to the base memory used per vehicle type) didn't use up all of the remaining memory. For FS17, this unfortunately is no longer the case. Buying all vehicles just once, would use more than the available memory. We will however continue to investigate if we can further optimize the slot system, to allow you to buy more vehicles.
Then why should any of us buy FS19 for the PS4? If system resources limit us in how much equipment we can buy in the game because of graphic detail and it eating up RAM, you're about to release a new game that has even higher graphic detail. So logic tells me that's going to limit us even more for FS19 based on that logic.

How about explaining that? I think this explanation just gave all of us console users a legit reason not to buy FS19.
The Reason why i decided to buy a new PC soon & then FS19 for it.

But honestly, thats not just Giants Fault, its the Restrictions that comes with the Consoles.
And this will not be better on the next Versions - then everything depends on how Giants optimize their newer Versions.
Thats the way it is.

I believe they could manage out a Slot-Limit of ca. 750-800 Slots in FS19 within a Year after Release, but not easily.

[I'm a VG-Player over 20yrs now, played on nearly every Console and every PC-System - C64/Amiga/Atari/Sega/Nintendo/Dreamcast/Playstation/Xbox etc.pp]
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Holy thread necrosis. Lol.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Faelandaea wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:28 am Holy thread necrosis. Lol.
whooops.. lol ^^
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Funny thing about slot system on consoles. Yet try this. Look up on slot count before taking field mission and then after taking one while leasing equipment for mission. Slots count won't change yet there will be additional equipment in game for mission. I personally use tractors or trailers to do other stuff, still while using my man truck for transport of mission harvest .
Question which arises is why slots count against our equipment but when we got other for missions (while we can use it for other stuff) it won count. Cuz when leasing for mission it wont we included in garage as owned nor leased? But its in game to be driven and used on mission on otherwise so what the heck? Weird right?
So if u run out from slots on consoles and need to get some equipment for Your harvest or anything else. Look up for mission which has required equipment u need and take it. U can use it and won't cost u to lease it nor space on slot count...sorted. game cheat .
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi: