mod disapears after editing .XML file

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Ajb86

mod disapears after editing .XML file

Post by Ajb86 »

Chasing some input, I have added a semitrailer attacher to an existing mod, after I edit the .xml file to add the new attacher line then save I go in game I can see the mod in the mod selection list, loadup my game go the store and the trailer is not there?

also after doing the edit to the .xml file I can no longer open the moddesc in giants editor??

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Smith Modding

Re: mod disapears after editing .XML file

Post by Smith Modding »

Can you post your log please? Instructions are here. It's more than likely a bracket that wasn't closed right or something
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Ajb86

Post by Ajb86 »

Thanks for the reply,
these are the two issue lines I'm assuming
Error: C:/Users/HOME/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/BroadAcresAussieTrailer/RWT.xml. attacherJoint. .
Error: No storeData found in 'C:/Users/HOME/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/BroadAcresAussieTrailer/RWT.xml'. StoreItem will be ignored!
Attachments
log.txt
(6.75 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
TSM

Post by TSM »

https://www.xmlvalidation.com/ paste your RWT.xml into that site it will tell you where formatting is wrong most likely either a " < /> is wrong or missing.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

It's most likely around the attacher joint code, because that's where the log is saying it can't read any farther
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Arthurcfbr

Post by Arthurcfbr »

Hello. I am new to the community and after searching in this part of the forum.I found this topic because I have similar problem. I am doing a truck pack and after editing the ModDesc.xml of the mod I am using as base for my mod and making the zip file i have this error in the log file:
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/arthu/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_SA_Agri_Pack/modDesc.xml'.
Load mod: FS17_SA_Agri_Pack
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod FS17_SA_Agri_Pack
My Farm Sim mod thread:
viewtopic.php?f=952&t=127252
My ATS/ETS2 mod thread:
"soon"